News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Simulated reality

Started by chaotic neutral observer, November 24, 2018, 03:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 27, 2018, 01:01:03 PM
At this point, I'd like to note that one of my motivations in posting this thread was to mock Elon Musk.

This is always acceptable.
Molon Lube

Con-troll

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 27, 2018, 01:02:38 PM
Quote from: Con-troll on November 27, 2018, 10:50:36 AM
But is it possible SLQ-inject stuff to a higher dimension?
Try it and see.
First I'd need to figure out how to 4d-print a fallos.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

minuspace

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 27, 2018, 01:01:03 PM
At this point, I'd like to note that one of my motivations in posting this thread was to mock Elon Musk.
QuoteOne in Billions Chance Reality Not a Simulation
Ah, yes. Well, my sentient robot overlord calculated that the chances of his sticking to that scenario are identical: "One in Billions."

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on November 26, 2018, 03:01:41 PM
One of the weird things about the simulation hypothesis is that if it's true, then our lives have objective meaning

Also, a simulated universe is definitely the product of intelligent design.

checkmate, atheists and absurdists

ME: I am more then just a data point in a bell curve.
GOD: Don't make me tap the graph.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on November 27, 2018, 07:23:08 PM
One of the weird things about the simulation hypothesis is that if it's true, then our lives have objective meaning

God hasn't warned anyone about anything since the bronze age.  Can you blame him?  Do monkeys listen?  The fuck they do.
Molon Lube

axod

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 27, 2018, 08:50:18 PM
Quote from: Faust on November 27, 2018, 07:23:08 PM

God hasn't warned anyone about anything since the bronze age.  Can you blame him?  Do monkeys listen?  The fuck they do.
First, Moses dropped half the "tablets". Then we did away with the comandments dictating how we should relate to "the one". Now, now we can hardly even deal with each-other. Go figure.
just this

altered

I have no problem dealing with people: you shout down stupidity, fuck up nazis, and help everyone else live as good a life as they can.

Nah, see, the problem is people dealing with me. Apparently helping others is worse than advocating genocide in a lot of people's eyes.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.