I'm grateful. And there's nothing you can do about that! :D

Started by Dildo Argentino, December 17, 2018, 05:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

We seem to be having a bit of a revolution over here. Spirits are high, people are cavorting in the streets, policemen are having shit thrown at them, politicians are being told in no uncertain terms where they can stick it. The final straw was the "slave law", which allows employers to force workers to do overtime while also allowing them to pay for that overtime up to three years after it is actually worked. But the bastards also plan to pass another law on Wednesday which will kinda put an end to Hungary having anything remotely like an independent judiciary. The dance continues.

The other day I was in conversation with some fellow dissenters and I said:

There's this guy in America, he used to hate my guts, I think now he just thinks I'm an assburgered silly cunt, in fact, there's an entire bunch of people over there who think I'm an annoying, narcissistic, attention-whoring simpleton, but I've learnt a great deal from them. His most important teaching, and I'm afraid I may not be quoting verbatim, was something like "if we agree on 30 percent of important things, we may not be able to work together. If we agree on 60-70 percent of important things, we're made for each other, let's stand up to power together. If you think we agree on 100% of important things, go see a psychiatrist!".

So there goes (and I think it's quite funny): I am grateful to you, guys, and I am particularly and personally grateful to you, Roger. And there's very little you can do about it!

Thank you.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Cain

Best of luck, even though I think the deck is stacked against you on this one. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dildo Argentino on December 17, 2018, 05:56:24 AM
We seem to be having a bit of a revolution over here. Spirits are high, people are cavorting in the streets, policemen are having shit thrown at them, politicians are being told in no uncertain terms where they can stick it. The final straw was the "slave law", which allows employers to force workers to do overtime while also allowing them to pay for that overtime up to three years after it is actually worked. But the bastards also plan to pass another law on Wednesday which will kinda put an end to Hungary having anything remotely like an independent judiciary. The dance continues.

The other day I was in conversation with some fellow dissenters and I said:

There's this guy in America, he used to hate my guts, I think now he just thinks I'm an assburgered silly cunt, in fact, there's an entire bunch of people over there who think I'm an annoying, narcissistic, attention-whoring simpleton, but I've learnt a great deal from them. His most important teaching, and I'm afraid I may not be quoting verbatim, was something like "if we agree on 30 percent of important things, we may not be able to work together. If we agree on 60-70 percent of important things, we're made for each other, let's stand up to power together. If you think we agree on 100% of important things, go see a psychiatrist!".

So there goes (and I think it's quite funny): I am grateful to you, guys, and I am particularly and personally grateful to you, Roger. And there's very little you can do about it!

Thank you.

We'll see about that:rogpipe:
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Cain on December 17, 2018, 02:35:23 PM
Best of luck, even though I think the deck is stacked against you on this one.

I have no doubts that we will adhere to our glorious tradition of all failed revolutions, wars of liberty and bids for independence. In the meantime, we have fun. This is what we did outside parliament last night. https://www.facebook.com/bruno.fuchs.92/posts/1196122187229770
It was cold, but some people danced.
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis