News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

So, there's this room in an Amino app...

Started by Al Qədic, January 13, 2019, 12:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Qədic

Not even sure if this is the right section of the forum buuuut oh well

So I'm on the Pagans & Witches Amino app, and there's a chat room about chaos deities...and they just switched the focus onto Eris for the next few days. I'm tempted to try and convert a few witches to our cause. Thoughts? I know the average religious witch doesn't mesh well with the average irreligious Discordian, but maybe we can come together for the sake of Goddess. At the very least, we could give the app some good traffic. I dunno. I'm rambling now, whee.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Holy Nonsense has a lot of digestible bits for that kind of environment, if you need something as a solo pdf that isn't up already lmk and I'll spin it out for you.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Al Qədic on January 13, 2019, 12:20:02 AM
I'm tempted to try and convert a few witches to our cause. Thoughts?

"Our" cause?

Our "cause"?

"Convert"?

Your discordianism...it is not like my discordianism.  That's okay (some even encourage it), but if I find you trying to convert me to things, I'm gonna get real cranky.

I'm fine with you trying to convert me away from things, though.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Al Qədic on January 13, 2019, 12:20:02 AM
Not even sure if this is the right section of the forum buuuut oh well

So I'm on the Pagans & Witches Amino app, and there's a chat room about chaos deities...and they just switched the focus onto Eris for the next few days. I'm tempted to try and convert a few witches to our cause. Thoughts? I know the average religious witch doesn't mesh well with the average irreligious Discordian, but maybe we can come together for the sake of Goddess. At the very least, we could give the app some good traffic. I dunno. I'm rambling now, whee.

Which is "our" cause?
Molon Lube

Cain

You can bring witches here, sure.  I promise I'll be nice

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

We have a long tradition of getting along with Pagans.  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Al Qədic

Welp...my earlier word choice may have made me sound like a proselytizing Principia thumper. Though I swear I'm not, I think I'm getting this person on the app interested in Eris. Maybe they'll find their way over here some day. If they do; yo, S.S., good to see ya! Step into the Chao, if thou would'st be wise. :lulz:
https://imgur.com/a/UzyWmgB
There is no reason to,
Still do it in private,

LMNO

Al Qədic

Update, I guess.

The room's mod let me ascend my Discordian soapbox and blurb about the history of the Principia, and its parodic and religious aspects...so now we have three people who seem genuinely interested in the Goddess. Now I'm wondering when an astute Hellenic pagan will come in and talk about Eris in such a way that ruins the fun. Greyface would totally have a minion like that, too. :argh!:
There is no reason to,
Still do it in private,

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Al Qədic on January 17, 2019, 03:29:32 AM
Update, I guess.

The room's mod let me ascend my Discordian soapbox and blurb about the history of the Principia, and its parodic and religious aspects...so now we have three people who seem genuinely interested in the Goddess. Now I'm wondering when an astute Hellenic pagan will come in and talk about Eris in such a way that ruins the fun. Greyface would totally have a minion like that, too. :argh!:

The Principia is a great starter kit.

The advanced course is what's going on right now in the USA and the UK.
Molon Lube

Al Qədic

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 17, 2019, 04:34:20 AM
So...they're the advanced course that ruin your soul, pride, wallet, and faith in humanity? U.S. and U.K. politics: the new MLM.  :lulz:
There is no reason to,
Still do it in private,

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Al Qədic on January 17, 2019, 04:56:10 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 17, 2019, 04:34:20 AM
So...they're the advanced course that ruin your soul, pride, wallet, and faith in humanity? U.S. and U.K. politics: the new MLM.  :lulz:

I don't have any of those.  Except the wallet.  For now.
Molon Lube