News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

A Little Truth in These Disturbing Times

Started by Doktor Howl, January 23, 2019, 05:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

So, you think you're pretty clever, there, with your futures contracts with HIMEOBS.  You got a put on LMNO's mustache and a margin account in your pants, and the gains are permanent, get in before you are priced out forever, right?  And sure, you only have to put up $2000 to get in on the mustache on margin, and you'll sell the wad before it comes due. 

That's how it's supposed to work, if you listen to a certain crowd.  You know the crowd.  Fake mustaches, pipes, vaguely-Cramulan business notions?  But what they AREN'T telling you is that they have leverage in their pants, and that leverage is about to be YOU.  Hoops, for example will teach you more about a BULL market than you really wanted to know, LMNO is Caa at best, and Queen Gogira has stagflation droppin' outta every orifice and she will slap you in your junk bonds, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do.

Molon Lube

LMNO

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on January 23, 2019, 05:59:57 PM

My life has become very unsettling.  I understand things I was never really interested in understanding.

I work for people who buy non-investment bonds in an economy that is no longer expanding, because they don't trust stocks.  You know and I know that stocks are regulated and bonds are not, and that junk bonds are good when the economy is in a high-growth period but otherwise suck, but thse are just facts we know that contradicts their self-narrative of being the next Goddamn Jordan Belfort.  They are doing everything precisely backwards and you can't tell them shit about it.  They hate me like I am Hitler's personal fartcatcher, because that is my area of oversight and I am the Richterian Ideal of NO.   "You can set up any deal you like, take all the time you want but NO, I am not signing off on that and you just stand there and glare all the hatred you like because NO."

I swear to Jesus, it would be impossible for billionaires to exist if it wasn't for suckers like these.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube