News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Poll Poll

Started by Trivial, January 31, 2019, 03:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which answer is wrong?

Right
Wrong
SHUT UP
rong

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

chaotic neutral observer

If the question were 'Which answer is "Wrong"?', then the answer would clearly be the second item ("Wrong").

However, string delimiters being absent, one could interpret the intent of the question as being "Which answer to this question is incorrect?"  This would appear to present a logical impossibility, since an answer could not simultaneously be wrong and correct, and the null answer "mooo" is not presented as a choice.

Since the naive interpretation of the question is invalid, one must consider alternate meanings.  If, instead of referring to correctness in the "truth" sense, the question is one of general moral rectitude, it becomes answerable.

"SHUT UP" is always an appropriate statement.
"Wrong" is also a universally valid response, since all statements and actions are wrong in some sense.
However "Right", as an answer, is suggestive of submissiveness, naivete, or optimism, and, as such, cannot be condoned.

Therefore, "Right" is always the wrong answer, and is therefore the right answer.

Naturally, I voted for "SHUT UP".
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

rong

felt like i should post here
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 01, 2019, 01:14:17 AM
If the question were 'Which answer is "Wrong"?', then the answer would clearly be the second item ("Wrong").

However, string delimiters being absent, one could interpret the intent of the question as being "Which answer to this question is incorrect?"  This would appear to present a logical impossibility, since an answer could not simultaneously be wrong and correct, and the null answer "mooo" is not presented as a choice.

Since the naive interpretation of the question is invalid, one must consider alternate meanings.  If, instead of referring to correctness in the "truth" sense, the question is one of general moral rectitude, it becomes answerable.

"SHUT UP" is always an appropriate statement.
"Wrong" is also a universally valid response, since all statements and actions are wrong in some sense.
However "Right", as an answer, is suggestive of submissiveness, naivete, or optimism, and, as such, cannot be condoned.

Therefore, "Right" is always the wrong answer, and is therefore the right answer.

See, for one SHUT UP is not the best fit for the question, because "Right" is the wrong answer to what is wrong, and therefore the most wrong option available.

LMNO

rong

Quote from: Faust on February 01, 2019, 08:13:56 AM
Quote from: rong on February 01, 2019, 02:24:04 AM
felt like i should post here

Well, which answer is it?

i would like to change my vote - i think i picked the wrong answer
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 01, 2019, 11:41:04 AM

<snip>

See, for one SHUT UP is not the best fit for the question, because "Right" is the wrong answer to what is wrong, and therefore the most wrong option available.

Are you saying I voted for the wrong answer?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 02, 2019, 01:29:35 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 01, 2019, 11:41:04 AM

<snip>

Are you saying I voted for the wrong answer?

SHUT UP is never wrong