News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Explaining Ourselves

Started by Al Qədic, February 26, 2019, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Qədic

So apparently the first email I sent the Prof must've gotten lost in their spam somewhere. :argh!: So I've sent it again, this time with the bit about disorder =/= chaos among the bullet points. Whee.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

Telarus

Quote from: Al Qədic on March 05, 2019, 02:53:19 AM
Is it that "disorder = chaos is a fallacy, the truth is that chaos = disorder and order"? Am I close? Either way, thanks for the critique. Like my icon says, I'm just tryn'a Listen and Learn, y'know what I mean?

Nailed it.

Thanks for the followup posts spags. That was awesome.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Al Qədic

Another update; apparently the Prof can't even see the emails I've sent them. Literally, searching my email in their inbox pulls nothing up. They're looking into it, at this rate I'll be glad when they just get to read the thing, let alone look at the PD. I don't wanna assume shit, regarding the school and censorship/privacy, but maaaaaan I kind of want to assume shit, knowing that. :lulz:
There is no reason to,
Still do it in private,

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Al Qədic on March 13, 2019, 08:45:43 PM
Another update; apparently the Prof can't even see the emails I've sent them. Literally, searching my email in their inbox pulls nothing up. They're looking into it, at this rate I'll be glad when they just get to read the thing, let alone look at the PD. I don't wanna assume shit, regarding the school and censorship/privacy, but maaaaaan I kind of want to assume shit, knowing that. :lulz:

Print out hard copies?

Al Qədic

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 13, 2019, 08:50:14 PM

Print out hard copies?

Of an email? I just might, at this rate. If they still can't find the email by tomorrow, I'll bring that up to them after class. Maybe I'll sneak it/the link to the PD into my final paper for the class, maybe in the works cited page. :lulz: ...actually, I probably could do that, depending on what the prompt is for the essay. :eek:
There is no reason to,
Still do it in private,

hooplala

Quote from: Al Qədic on March 13, 2019, 09:01:28 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 13, 2019, 08:50:14 PM

Print out hard copies?

Of an email? I just might, at this rate. If they still can't find the email by tomorrow, I'll bring that up to them after class. Maybe I'll sneak it/the link to the PD into my final paper for the class, maybe in the works cited page. :lulz: ...actually, I probably could do that, depending on what the prompt is for the essay. :eek:

If it were me, I would express mild exasperation that "this kinda shit happens all the time".
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

But then again, I'm a stinker.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

The Lady works in mysterious ways, and i fully think something like this was to be expected  :lulz:

You should ask LMNO what happened when he invoked her in the mornings during a week... I dont even want to write out the phrase even if it doesnt imply speaking it.  :eek:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

hooplala

Quote from: The Johnny on March 13, 2019, 09:39:15 PM

The Lady works in mysterious ways, and i fully think something like this was to be expected  :lulz:

You should ask LMNO what happened when he invoked her in the mornings during a week... I dont even want to write out the phrase even if it doesnt imply speaking it.  :eek:

It was 30 DAYS, fool!

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

Quote from: Hoopla! on March 13, 2019, 09:48:48 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on March 13, 2019, 09:39:15 PM

It was 30 DAYS, fool!

Fine, fine, if you remember so well could you tell the fellow the phrase?   :fnord: :fap:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

altered

I will not directly quote that madness but I'll gladly inform you that LMNO asked Eris for a surprise.

When? Who knows! Maybe even today.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Can I get a link to the relevant thread at least?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl