News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

The Dems sure like to attack those same parts, they just want the Republicans to use more polite language about it.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

Quote from: Pergamos on March 10, 2020, 07:25:22 AM
Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 04, 2020, 03:51:23 PM
What bugs me is that anyone who tried to publish Common Sense these days would be laughed off the stage because "we don't need no stinking reason in America" and "don't be such an intellectual". And the fact that the Democrats never actually make any arguments against the philosophy of fascism, they just sort of dither around why its various expressions might be unpalatable in some cases. Ronald Reagan's lumbering corpse continues to beat American Politics over the head 40 years later, but where are the Democrats saying that "Government isn't the problem"? All they ever say is "ok ok government is the problem but maybe it's a necessary evil? please?"

Personally I would love to see some Democrats who admit and understand that government is the problem.  Cutting the military would be lovely, eliminating the prison industrial complex, ending the drug war, opening the borders.  I'm sure there are more bad things the government is doing.  Unfortunately Republicans only seem to be interested in attacking the good things government does, while Democrats very weakly defend those parts.

They have a vested interest in keeping everything you described. You wont get reform from government, and they couldn't even attempt it unless the rigged system was removed
Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

i don't know why there's this theory going around that Biden is going to pick a Republican VP.

The Democratic Party is going to go down in a sea of its own rancid diarrhea if he does. I can't imagine any single move that would more universally destroy support for the Dems.

And while I can witness this shit that's happened so far, and say "yeah okay this is in keeping with the Dems," I can't imagine them cutting their own limbs off and injecting themselves full of bleach.

I guess what I'm saying is: Who's piloting this plane? Please don't let it be Joe Biden.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

This is a good time to practice that "form a coalition" thing that we progressives frankly suck at

if Trump wins, gonna be a lot of finger pointing within the left wing

my finger will be pointing at the people who made it harder for Biden to win by framing him as the ENEMY, equivalent to Trump. The people who are basically spitting out the right-wing talking points about Biden.

Cain

Quote from: altered on March 11, 2020, 10:25:21 AM
i don't know why there's this theory going around that Biden is going to pick a Republican VP.

He previously said he would be open to picking one.

FWIW, I absolutely don't believe that he would, even for a second. But it sends the right kind of signals to another kind of crowd, the Republican surbanites put off by Trump. "Ah, he's reasonable, he can reach across the aisle, he's a moderate." I don't believe that sentence was uttered without at least three different focus groups and a high-powered Manhattan PR firm being involved, because that's how politics is done.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on March 11, 2020, 02:15:08 PM
This is a good time to practice that "form a coalition" thing that we progressives frankly suck at

if Trump wins, gonna be a lot of finger pointing within the left wing

my finger will be pointing at the people who made it harder for Biden to win by framing him as the ENEMY, equivalent to Trump. The people who are basically spitting out the right-wing talking points about Biden.

If Trump wins due to left butthurt, then fuck the left, I give up, and good luck to everyone.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 11, 2020, 02:28:53 PM

FWIW, I absolutely don't believe that he would, even for a second. But it sends the right kind of signals to another kind of crowd, the Republican surbanites put off by Trump. "Ah, he's reasonable, he can reach across the aisle, he's a moderate." I don't believe that sentence was uttered without at least three different focus groups and a high-powered Manhattan PR firm being involved, because that's how politics is done.

I also believe the "You're full of shit" thing was staged.
Molon Lube

Cain

Could be. I honestly didn't even bother to watch the video because it seemed like such a non-event, but given the way the chattering classes are lapping the whole thing up, it's obviously red meat for some of them.

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 11, 2020, 03:26:55 PM

re: "you're full of shit"

I saw a random friend-of-a-friend (so take this with a bigass grain of salt) commenting on it - said they worked in a foundry and that kind of language is "how we talk" -- that Biden probably came off real well to the audience present

:shrug:

I'd like to believe it

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on March 11, 2020, 05:52:48 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 11, 2020, 03:26:55 PM

re: "you're full of shit"

I saw a random friend-of-a-friend (so take this with a bigass grain of salt) commenting on it - said they worked in a foundry and that kind of language is "how we talk" -- that Biden probably came off real well to the audience present

:shrug:

I'd like to believe it

I started in the trades, and I am still around that environment, and dude is correct.
Molon Lube

Suu

Sanders dropped out, and my entire FB friends list is full of chodes.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Faust

The wailing has reached religious fervour thats for sure.

tyrannosaurus vex

Just checking in to say I'm holding my nose and voting for Biden in 2020 but I will steadfastly refuse to implore anyone else to do that and will shout down anyone I see engaging in condescending high-horse-ism about "swallow your pride" and "take one for the team" because after 2 years of hearing how awful Bernie is for failing to control the low number of radical chauvinists in his base, to turn around and yell at people for not strategically voting for an actual first-hand rapist is beyond unpalatable and stretches into laughably two-faced territory.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Wizard Joseph

I am straight up agitating for Vermin Supreme at this point. He's posing as Libertarian and I in part hope to draw the fringe right into the web. I don't so much want Biden to win as I wish to sip at Trump's tears when he loses and establish Vermin into the mainstream in the process.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

Vermin v trump financial costings
Cost of giving everyone in the us a pony = 20 bn
Cost of the wall = 80 bn