News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Between Biden alternately covering himself in poo and playing aw-shucks games to hang onto his lead by the skin of his dentures, and Warren turning out to be THE ONLY PERSON who comes with actually realistic plans and shit and gaining some serious popularity on that, I think Yang is going to be dirt in the end. I'm just hoping he doesn't manage to split the vote and take us all into King Trump's Fucking Dark Ages.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on August 28, 2019, 07:34:44 PM
Between Biden alternately covering himself in poo and playing aw-shucks games to hang onto his lead by the skin of his dentures, and Warren turning out to be THE ONLY PERSON who comes with actually realistic plans and shit and gaining some serious popularity on that, I think Yang is going to be dirt in the end. I'm just hoping he doesn't manage to split the vote and take us all into King Trump's Fucking Dark Ages.

I am becoming convinced that Harris is "suicide bunting" for Warren.
Molon Lube

Norman

If it's Warren, the GOP are going to turn her into Hillary and it will be an extremely close general and I think Trump could eke that out.
If it's Biden, it will be harder for the GOP slur machine.  He's an old kooky white guy just like Trump. 

Let's face it guys, we have a racist, sexist electorate, the GOP knows it, and have no shame to use it if it gets them the win. 

Biden is old, he messes shit up, but he'll be surrounded by handlers like Trump is now. Except, a President Biden's staff, I think it's fair to say, will be far less batshit racist than Trump's.

This is such a no-brainer.  If the goal is for Trump to not be re-elected, Biden is the closest thing to a sure deal as the D's can put up.  Everyone else opens up pathways for Trump to get another 4 years.

C'mon D's, don't fuck it up this time!

Cain

I know you banned him, but imagine thinking "Biden is better because he's a senile old man like Trump" is a good quality in a leader.

Pergamos

I am worried Norman is right about what would happen with Warren.  She's my favorite of the Democratic field but I can see her reading as Clintonesque to low info voters.  Kamela Harris is more sure to beat Trump, but her political history is awful and I feel like she'd lead to president Nugent in 8 years.

LMNO

I thought Warren would hit that buzzsaw when she announced, too.  But there are a few differences:

1. Not a Clinton.
2. Isn't acting like it should be given to her.
3. Doesn't have as much of a troublesome past ("superpredators", etc)
4. Runs left of moderate.
5. Not only has a policy for everything, has shown she can explain it without being wonky.
6. Trump won with a minority of votes, has lost some of his base, and Warren can pick up people who were too put off to vote last time.

I think she has a shot.

altered

Warren's big fuckups are things either she's been public about and done her best to repair the damage from or that probably most of the country has done (the Native American BS and having once been a Republican, respectively).

If anything, her distant Republican past probably gives her a better chance (people want a narrative for their actions, and she provides a narrative for "former Republican" without the pesky business of people coming up with their own, and people are more open to following the suggestions of those they mirror this way).
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

She's also growing in popularity with the Dem base on a month by month basis.

And lets just recall who were the "sure shots" at this point in previous elections. 91? Bush. 2007? Clinton. 2016? Clinton or Cruz.

Establishment "safe bet" candidates don't exactly have a sterling track record.

Junkenstein

Looking at any potential dem candidate, I can't see one that will do what is needed in debates etc. And out idiot-idiot. It's been years of this shit and not one is willing to get dirty enough to win.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

altered

Thing is, while I want Trump out I don't think you need to outdo him at his own game to beat him. Also, I'd be horrified if that won. I would say if that's the only way to win, the US was a failure. Time to start over, this one isn't salvageable.

While normally that's a jokey overreaction, I genuinely believe that if we need superTrump to beat ordinary Trump, the country can be safely written off as a loss. That way lies nothing but increasing awfulness.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on September 01, 2019, 04:50:31 PM
I am worried Norman is right about what would happen with Warren.  She's my favorite of the Democratic field but I can see her reading as Clintonesque to low info voters.  Kamela Harris is more sure to beat Trump, but her political history is awful and I feel like she'd lead to president Nugent in 8 years.

The only thing Warren has in common with Clinton is that she's a female democrat.
Molon Lube

Cain

TBH, voters are kinda dumb and sexist, so I can see them making that "connection."

Junkenstien

Quote from: nullified on September 03, 2019, 07:00:02 PM
Thing is, while I want Trump out I don't think you need to outdo him at his own game to beat him. Also, I'd be horrified if that won. I would say if that's the only way to win, the US was a failure. Time to start over, this one isn't salvageable.

While normally that's a jokey overreaction, I genuinely believe that if we need superTrump to beat ordinary Trump, the country can be safely written off as a loss. That way lies nothing but increasing awfulness.

I don't think you're really serious about having the appropriate level of fun in the Horrible Times.

Bruno

My god, where is Terry Crews when we need him?
Formerly something else...

Frontside Back

"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."