News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I was polled yesterday. My answers were "Warren, Castro, and everyone else can go fuck themselves."

LMNO

If you have the time, I'd like to know what you see in Castro that appeals to you.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on September 04, 2019, 04:07:07 PM
If you have the time, I'd like to know what you see in Castro that appeals to you.

I will say one thing for him:  He is smart enough to know that it is too late to stop climate change, and that an early priority is finding ways to buffer the effect on our population (drought resistant crops, water infrastructure, etc).

https://issues.juliancastro.com/
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, he's not afraid to say the violence epidemic is mostly on white supremacists, and that they need to be handled.

I'm still on the Warren train, but Castro isn't half bad.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

I read that to mean "they can all go fuck themselves, including Warren/Castro".

I may be wrong but that's my stance.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 03, 2019, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on September 01, 2019, 04:50:31 PM
I am worried Norman is right about what would happen with Warren.  She's my favorite of the Democratic field but I can see her reading as Clintonesque to low info voters.  Kamela Harris is more sure to beat Trump, but her political history is awful and I feel like she'd lead to president Nugent in 8 years.

The only thing Warren has in common with Clinton is that she's a female democrat.

An old white female democrat.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on September 04, 2019, 07:01:37 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 03, 2019, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on September 01, 2019, 04:50:31 PM
I am worried Norman is right about what would happen with Warren.  She's my favorite of the Democratic field but I can see her reading as Clintonesque to low info voters.  Kamela Harris is more sure to beat Trump, but her political history is awful and I feel like she'd lead to president Nugent in 8 years.

The only thing Warren has in common with Clinton is that she's a female democrat.

An old white female democrat.

I see.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

A friend whose opinion I value greatly is 100% on board with him. He's got an immigration policy so solid Liz Warren said she'll just use his, and in general I find him to be someone who is believable in the role, which is 90% of actually being electable. I was happy to see him pushing back on some of the nonsense in the first debate, and I value both his attempt to bring trans people into the conversation at that debate and his self correction after the fact (said "trans women" when he meant "trans men"). Being able to own missteps like that is a big deal for me.

LMNO

I appreciate that.  I hadn't given him much thought, tbh.  I'll look a bit closer.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Magpie

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2019, 06:44:58 PM
https://www.apnews.com/bd653f4eb5ed4f34b6c936221c35a3e5

Have fun with this.

You can't say both sides are the same when only Trump's fans are writing manifestos.

There was a study published a few weeks ago about  people forming false memories after reading news they agreed with.
https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/releases/fake-news-can-lead-to-false-memories.html

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

From the dem debate fact checker thingie:

QuoteVirtually free comprehensive medical care would lead to big increases in the demand for services.

Which is another way of saying "I don't want to wait in line with poor people who at this point cannot afford any care at all."
Molon Lube

altered

Yeah.

I mean, when people heard I have no insurance and I fucked my knee up, they just sorta did that whole "I want to help you but I don't want poverty germs" look of strained sympathy.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2019, 04:31:37 PM
From the dem debate fact checker thingie:

QuoteVirtually free comprehensive medical care would lead to big increases in the demand for services.

Which is another way of saying "I don't want to wait in line with poor people who at this point cannot afford any care at all."

It also says a lot about the nation in general.

Nothing good, however.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.