News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote"We have a behavioral problem," McConnell said in a speech after receiving an award from the Kentucky Electric Cooperatives at the group's annual meeting. "People are acting out and it's not, I don't think, limited to one ideological place or another. You've just got a lot of people engaging in bad behavior."
"You read stories of young people, incentivized I think by the faculty actually on college campuses, who don't want to hear anything they may disagree with," he said. "It might upset them to be exposed to a point of view that they don't always subscribe to — being brilliant, of course, and knowing everything at 18. I think that's troublesome."

Ok so, the liberals are unironically being called "degenerates", and now continuing with all the pseudo-psychological babble, "people are acting out"  :lulz:

Bonus points for infantilizing the opposition as well.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on November 19, 2019, 04:09:22 AM

Quote"We have a behavioral problem," McConnell said in a speech after receiving an award from the Kentucky Electric Cooperatives at the group's annual meeting. "People are acting out and it's not, I don't think, limited to one ideological place or another. You've just got a lot of people engaging in bad behavior."
"You read stories of young people, incentivized I think by the faculty actually on college campuses, who don't want to hear anything they may disagree with," he said. "It might upset them to be exposed to a point of view that they don't always subscribe to — being brilliant, of course, and knowing everything at 18. I think that's troublesome."

Ok so, the liberals are unironically being called "degenerates", and now continuing with all the pseudo-psychological babble, "people are acting out"  :lulz:

Bonus points for infantilizing the opposition as well.

Well, you knew this wasn't a call for more civility.  It's a call for coming down on younger protesters with hobnail boots.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Well, this is nice to see.  Amazing how it has to be a campaign promise instead of "of course we'll do that."

https://apnews.com/9be9d02ff2c04beb959f766d4a7480d4
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

From the How Did You Think This Was A Good Idea Department:

https://apnews.com/c71e5d1018eb45b9ba6ed598c70a019b

Also, unrelated, Nebraska is opening its drivers license database to the feds, which even Kansas wouldn't do.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 19, 2019, 06:39:54 PM
Well, this is nice to see.  Amazing how it has to be a campaign promise instead of "of course we'll do that."

https://apnews.com/9be9d02ff2c04beb959f766d4a7480d4

I'm already imagining how Ted Nugent (or whatever other fascist the GOP nominates in 2028) will use what she creates against black folks, queers, and labor unions.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

Quote from: MMIX on December 03, 2019, 07:46:23 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 03, 2019, 06:51:22 PM
Harris just dropped out.

Bye, Felicia

It has been obvious for months that she was running interference for Warren, really.
Molon Lube

MMIX

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 03, 2019, 08:15:02 PM
Harris just dropped out.

Bye, Felicia

It has been obvious for months that she was running interference for Warren, really.

Any chance of a VP slot, d'you think?
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

Quote from: MMIX on December 03, 2019, 10:48:22 PM
Harris just dropped out.

Bye, Felicia

If I were a betting man, rather than a holy man™, I'd say 5:3 against.  Warren will pick a man as VP, because this is America and it's 1972.
Molon Lube

MMIX

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 03, 2019, 10:51:02 PM
Harris just dropped out.

Bye, Felicia

If I were a betting man, rather than a holy man™, I'd say 5:3 against.  Warren will pick a man as VP, because this is America and it's 1972.

Yeah, of course it is, I knew I was missing something :( Shame though, thats a power pair that could really shake the foundations

Doktor Howl

Quote from: MMIX on December 03, 2019, 11:17:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 03, 2019, 10:51:02 PM
Harris just dropped out.

Bye, Felicia

Yeah, of course it is, I knew I was missing something :( Shame though, thats a power pair that could really shake the foundations

Well, yeah, but that would ALSO put two senate seats up for grabs, instead of one.

And right now, all the long term damage is being done by the GOP senate.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Warren picks Castro, Bernie picks Harris

altered

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 04, 2019, 01:27:05 AM
Warren picks Castro, Bernie picks Harris

:lulz: :lulz: This is only funny because it's our future
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Joni Ernst shits the bed.

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — An outside group founded by top political aides to Sen. Joni Ernst has worked closely with the Iowa Republican to raise money and boost her reelection prospects, a degree of overlap that potentially violates the law, documents obtained by The Associated Press show.

Iowa Values, a political nonprofit that is supposed to be run independently, was co-founded in 2017 by Ernst's longtime consultant, Jon Kohan. It shares a fundraiser, Claire Holloway Avella, with the Ernst campaign. And a condo owned by a former aide — who was recently hired to lead the group — was used as Iowa Values' address at a time when he worked for her.

https://apnews.com/eeb44fc06b0cb202bc1edbd1adee7f7d
Molon Lube