News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 04, 2020, 08:07:28 PM
yeah we're in one of those chaotic moments where all the BREAKING NEWS is unreliable

and it's about to get even more confusing

in my youth, I cherished these moments - anything could happen!
now I recognize that anything could happen is usually grim as fuck

That's when the ability to laugh through the pain really pays off.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Pergamos on February 05, 2020, 02:13:44 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 04, 2020, 09:28:45 PM
Seems Vermin Supreme is doing pretty good.

https://nationalfile.com/somehow-vermin-supreme-is-winning-the-libertarian-partys-2020-presidential-primaries/

Funny, since ponies for everyone is basically the exact opposite of Libertarianism.

Yeah. It's great. They found themselves a much more wholesome incoherent demogog than the one currently in office, and a serious "joke" candidate suitable to a joke party.

One of his slogans I've seen tossed around is just brilliant.

"I want to take your guns, and then give you better guns!"

I do hope he manages to break out into the popular culture.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

"Vermin Supreme, leader of the Free World" has a nice ring to it.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on February 05, 2020, 08:32:29 AM

"Vermin Supreme, leader of the Free World" has a nice ring to it.

It does doesn't it? At the end of the election he could just unilaterally declare a victory, that was suppressed by Them, go bigger than Norton, and take on that title with nothing to lose and gain real notoriety if nothing else.

One day Vermin Supreme will be upon all lips.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

I don't see the Dems winning, but if they did the only one I could see unilaterally declaring their victory being suppressed is the cheeto.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Faust on February 05, 2020, 11:30:54 AM
I don't see the Dems winning, but if they did the only one I could see unilaterally declaring their victory being suppressed is the cheeto.

All Supreme would have to do is mirror that and show it absurd. It wouldn't change much, but if the game is baseless accusations and blowing smoke I think Supreme might just have an edge. At the very least he is not boring.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 05, 2020, 07:58:27 AM

Yeah. It's great. They found themselves a much more wholesome incoherent demogog than the one currently in office, a

Boom.  Practicable solution.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

I believe the system is collapsing because everyone has realized how preposterous it is to bother trying to govern at all. We are ready for utopia, as can be seen from the high level of every individual consciousness in the deep south.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

And if Trump wins, I think he'll call for term limits to be abolished. As soon as he leaves the Presidency, he's liable to be investigated for a whole lot of crimes, and he'll have to rely on his on wealth, not the government budget, to defend himself.

So of course, he has all the incentive in the world not to step down.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on February 05, 2020, 02:34:39 PM
I believe the system is collapsing because everyone has realized how preposterous it is to bother trying to govern at all. We are ready for utopia, as can be seen from the high level of every individual consciousness in the deep south.

:lol:
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on February 05, 2020, 02:36:15 PM

And if Trump wins, I think he'll call for term limits to be abolished. As soon as he leaves the Presidency, he's liable to be investigated for a whole lot of crimes, and he'll have to rely on his on wealth, not the government budget, to defend himself.

If they, crowing in their arrogance, abolished term limits then round 3 could be Trump v Obama and The Battle of the Antichrists will be on in earnest.

Obama would have to be a total madman to do that though.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 05, 2020, 06:15:31 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 05, 2020, 02:36:15 PM

If they, crowing in their arrogance, abolished term limits then round 3 could be Trump v Obama and The Battle of the Antichrists will be on in earnest.

Obama would have to be a total madman to do that though.
The base is already calling for this bc they seem to have forgotten why we hate monarchies.

Alright, so technically the DNC can run anyone they want regardless of the primary results. I won't be surprised if they shoehorn Biden - God help us all - into the candidacy. I predict a fucking root at the DNC convention if that happens but what do y'all think?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on February 05, 2020, 07:26:31 PM

The base is already calling for this bc they seem to have forgotten why we hate monarchies.

Because none of the useless fucks ever read the book of Samuel, that's why.
Molon Lube

Juana

Aaaaand Yang is out
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."