News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Black Death on April 10, 2020, 09:49:53 PM
Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on April 10, 2020, 04:56:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 10, 2020, 04:29:47 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on April 10, 2020, 08:32:12 AM
Accelerationism is making things worse so that they can get better faster. 

This has never worked.

Depends on your perspective. WW2 made things pretty awful, but then Germany stopped being a Nazi trashfire. The American Revolution didn't make things better for most people but whoever it was that was mad about taxes on tea were probably ok with it.

There's a weird tendency to believe that living standards in the USA begin and end with federal policy, like the official state of our government is an unbreakable physical law within the context of which everything exists. Like a Supreme Court full of jackals is as immutable as gravity or something. I don't buy it. "The Government" is just a thing people do in cooperation with each other to achieve some result they want. There's no reason only one of those types of things can exist at a time.

Saying "welp, that's the best we can do, and insisting on anything better is tantamount to betrayal of the disadvantaged" is just an admission that America is fundamentally a racist, sexist pile of garbage full of irredeemable garbage people, so the best we can hope for is Corporatism over (outright) Fascism. I don't support blowing my vote (and again, I am voting for Biden) and leaving it at that. I support acting outside the bounds of this clearly broken system, developing direct support networks that do what our governments refuse to do, and making the whole political charade obsolete.

A lotta blather about nothing. Even the DNC doesn't believe or even hope that Biden is elected.

They just raised him up the pole because their job isn't to win elections but to maintain the two party monopoly on power. And they damned sure weren't gonna allow Bernie Sanders to hijack their party the way Trump hijacked the GOP. That would leave the MIC/neocons/corporate elite/deep state with no party to represent their essential interests.

I mean what good is a democracy if the queen of warmongers can't spin her party's platform on a dime from the party opposed to war to the party OF the wars in service to the folks who really run the show and own your dna?

But hey, feel free to blather incessantly about decelerationism and liberalism and progressivism and even commyism until somebody cares.

Or Kill Me.

"Here's how Bernie can still win" is much shorter and to the point.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 10, 2020, 10:19:04 PM

:boring: I'm almost certain that this is RP returned after 4 years' butthurt to get his "revenge" or some shit.

I can't be arsed to go digging.  Pretty sure it's just another FB Discordian Edgelord.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Black Death on April 10, 2020, 09:55:33 AM
The dems job isn't to win elections, it is to maintain the two party monopoly on powah.

The dems rightly fear and can not afford to let Sanders hijack their party the way that Trump hijacked the GOP because if he did the system could no longer be controlled by the MIC/neocons/corporate elite/deep state.

their job isn't to win elections but to maintain the two party monopoly on power. And they damned sure weren't gonna allow Bernie Sanders to hijack their party the way Trump hijacked the GOP. That would leave the MIC/neocons/corporate elite/deep state with no party to represent their essential interests.

Since it's started repeating itself after only 8 posts, is it reasonable to assume this is the only thing it's ever going to say?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

HERE'S HOW BUNRIE CAN STILL WIN!11

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on April 10, 2020, 11:38:22 PM
Quote from: Black Death on April 10, 2020, 09:55:33 AM
The dems job isn't to win elections, it is to maintain the two party monopoly on powah.

The dems rightly fear and can not afford to let Sanders hijack their party the way that Trump hijacked the GOP because if he did the system could no longer be controlled by the MIC/neocons/corporate elite/deep state.

their job isn't to win elections but to maintain the two party monopoly on power. And they damned sure weren't gonna allow Bernie Sanders to hijack their party the way Trump hijacked the GOP. That would leave the MIC/neocons/corporate elite/deep state with no party to represent their essential interests.

Since it's started repeating itself after only 8 posts, is it reasonable to assume this is the only thing it's ever going to say?

That's how you bet.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

OH, AND ANOTHER FUCKING THING:

Berners can shut their stupid face holes about how dems are "fooled into thinking things will snap back to normal if Biden is elected." 

THERE IS NO NORMAL.  It no longer exists.  The country is a quadruple traumatic amputee with 1 stained tourniquet to cover all 4 stumps, and the very best that can be hoped for is for the nation to bleed out with a little dignity. 

So just shut up.  All of you.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on April 10, 2020, 04:56:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 10, 2020, 04:29:47 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on April 10, 2020, 08:32:12 AM
Accelerationism is making things worse so that they can get better faster. 

This has never worked.

Depends on your perspective. WW2 made things pretty awful, but then Germany stopped being a Nazi trashfire. The American Revolution didn't make things better for most people but whoever it was that was mad about taxes on tea were probably ok with it.

There's a weird tendency to believe that living standards in the USA begin and end with federal policy, like the official state of our government is an unbreakable physical law within the context of which everything exists. Like a Supreme Court full of jackals is as immutable as gravity or something. I don't buy it. "The Government" is just a thing people do in cooperation with each other to achieve some result they want. There's no reason only one of those types of things can exist at a time.

Saying "welp, that's the best we can do, and insisting on anything better is tantamount to betrayal of the disadvantaged" is just an admission that America is fundamentally a racist, sexist pile of garbage full of irredeemable garbage people, so the best we can hope for is Corporatism over (outright) Fascism. I don't support blowing my vote (and again, I am voting for Biden) and leaving it at that. I support acting outside the bounds of this clearly broken system, developing direct support networks that do what our governments refuse to do, and making the whole political charade obsolete.

A lotta blather about nothing. Even the DNC doesn't believe or even hope that Biden is elected.

They just raised him up the pole because their job isn't to win elections but to maintain the two party monopoly on power. And they damned sure weren't gonna allow Bernie Sanders to hijack their party the way Trump hijacked the GOP. That would leave the MIC/neocons/corporate elite/deep state with no party to represent their essential interests.

I mean what good is a democracy if the queen of warmongers can't spin her party's platform on a dime from the party opposed to war to the party OF the wars in service to the folks who really run the show and own your dna?

But hey, feel free to blather incessantly about decelerationism and liberalism and progressivism and even commyism until somebody cares.

Or Kill Me.

:tldr:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cramulus

accelerationism in the news...

Man Who Planned to Bomb Hospital Amid Pandemic Dies in Incident With FBI
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/g5xnem/man-who-planned-to-bomb-hospital-fighting-coronavirus-dies-in-in?utm_campaign=sharebutton&fbclid=IwAR0ntm2v785c8qSc6M3o69J4x4qdSItIY8ZZLKrHv6dwpCiRyeh1qA_Ny64

Vice pulls no punches:

Quote...neo-Nazi extremists adhering to 'accelerationism'—a hyper violent doctrine among the far-right seeking to hasten the collapse of society through terrorist acts—have discussed using the global coronavirus pandemic to spur the disintegration of vulnerable governments dealing with the crisis.

tyrannosaurus vex

yeah it's a lot of horrible shit out there. I am mostly just disappointed in the fact that we can't even imagine the wholesale rebuilding of society because the foundational assumption underlying everything we could possibly do is that we can't trust the people around us. we must preserve the civility and structure of government, even as it descends into fascism, even though millions are harmed even by harm reduction. this sense that everything is fucked and the best we can hope for is slowing that descent because people are shit and can only be nominally restrained by normality and habit. it's oppressive and depressing and uninteresting.

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on April 11, 2020, 02:39:18 PM
accelerationism in the news...

Man Who Planned to Bomb Hospital Amid Pandemic Dies in Incident With FBI
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/g5xnem/man-who-planned-to-bomb-hospital-fighting-coronavirus-dies-in-in?utm_campaign=sharebutton&fbclid=IwAR0ntm2v785c8qSc6M3o69J4x4qdSItIY8ZZLKrHv6dwpCiRyeh1qA_Ny64

Vice pulls no punches:

Quote...neo-Nazi extremists adhering to 'accelerationism'—a hyper violent doctrine among the far-right seeking to hasten the collapse of society through terrorist acts—have discussed using the global coronavirus pandemic to spur the disintegration of vulnerable governments dealing with the crisis.

:eek:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

So, Biden's accuser, Tara Reade:

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-sexual-assault-police-tara-reade-1497391

QuoteReade first made the claims against Biden last month. In a tweet, Reade thanked those who helped her come forward with the allegations, as well as "luminaries" who have supported her such as Susan Sarandon, John Cusack, and Rose McGowan.

Well, there's a shock.

Also

QuoteReade also referenced scrutiny she received after it emerged she wrote a blog post in 2018 praising Russian President Vladimir Putin as a "compassionate, caring, visionary leader." The blog post has since been deleted and she has distanced herself from the remarks.

This stinks of Scott R. Brunton-ism.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on April 11, 2020, 03:13:08 PM
yeah it's a lot of horrible shit out there. I am mostly just disappointed in the fact that we can't even imagine the wholesale rebuilding of society because the foundational assumption underlying everything we could possibly do is that we can't trust the people around us. we must preserve the civility and structure of government, even as it descends into fascism, even though millions are harmed even by harm reduction. this sense that everything is fucked and the best we can hope for is slowing that descent because people are shit and can only be nominally restrained by normality and habit. it's oppressive and depressing and uninteresting.

What do you think our options are, right now?

We'll be under military governance by July.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

I didn't say accelerationism works, it doesn't, it's just the opposite of extictionism, which also doesn't work.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on April 12, 2020, 07:54:51 PM
, it's just the opposite of extictionism, which also doesn't work.

IS THAT A FUCKING CHALLENGE?

:whack:
Molon Lube