News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

I want to apologise for being a prick in this thread,
As cram pointed out, I was making a call to action when I:
Don't get a vote in an other countries election
Haven't been making that push myself.

Ive been posting Biden because of the supreme court picks in the few other places I haunt such as SA, a lot of which are still bernie or bust, some of which agree with the importance of that and look like they might come around but it, the others have highlighted a delusional group of dems who see every one who doesn't agree with them as nazis, or right wing, these worry me more than any other factor, if they are large enough they are guaranteed to push people away.

I desperately want trump out, for the shitty things he has done to my american friends domestically and to the underming and surreal pantomime that he emboldens abroad (Italy, Brazil etc using much the same deflection tactics)
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

It's all good. None of us were equipped for these strange times.

Everything is bewildering, nonstop, cats and dogs, living together, mass hysteria

altered

On the subject of convincing people to vote for Biden, why does he have to be FUCKING TRYING TO LOSE?

https://twitter.com/kthomasdc/status/1261121512154808321?s=21

I want to convince people to vote for him! He seems to want the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE!

I can't stand it, he's gutting every fucking argument I can put forward for him, fucking goddamnit.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: altered on May 15, 2020, 03:57:46 AM
On the subject of convincing people to vote for Biden, why does he have to be FUCKING TRYING TO LOSE?

https://twitter.com/kthomasdc/status/1261121512154808321?s=21

I want to convince people to vote for him! He seems to want the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE!

I can't stand it, he's gutting every fucking argument I can put forward for him, fucking goddamnit.

I am convinced at this point that the Democrats DO NOT WANT to unseat Trump at all. Their tacit complicity and relative silence on many issues were proof enough of this to me, but THIS kinda shit makes it totally self evident. They get SO MUCH hate money and "participation" with Trump in office. Why would they wish to change that from a rational strategist sociopath's POV? They wouldn't. They give not a SINGLE fuck, no not one. Shit I dare say that the party "centrists" have a LOT in common with the Republicans in terms of mutual interest on many policies.

Fuck the "duopoly"
Entirely
They never did
Give one shit
About us
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Fujikoma

Didn't Amash just announce he wouldn't be running?

EDIT: I also should leave a post here explaining the shit I said in better wording. I believe Tara, maybe she lied every other day of her life but I don't think she is now. This raises many questions. That Biden has gaffes is no secret, this is ammo the bad guys are going to flock to, this whole sexual assault thing. What I am saying is this, we have, basically, two choices if it comes to Biden and Trump, and the choice should be a no brainer. Trump is a serial rapist with a host of assault charges against his ass that still somehow fails to shake the single-issue-voter asshats, and Biden is that guy with MAYBE one allegation. I am upset with Tara for choosing NOW to bring this shit out of the closet, as opposed to earlier when it would've been more easily addressed. I understand if it's difficult to believe her, with her track record.

EDIT 2: For example, we could have had someone like Buttiegeg or Warren running on the other side. Something smells awful about this.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 15, 2020, 04:09:09 AM

I am convinced at this point that the Democrats DO NOT WANT to unseat Trump at all.

From the guy voting for a no-hoper.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Fuck the "duopoly"
Entirely
They never did
Give one shit
About us

1.  Under our system, there is a mathematical certainty that you will at BEST have two parties.  If you want more than that, we have to switch to a parliamentary system.  Bitching about the system as is is like bitching because the sun came up this morning; by which I mean "It is only bitching and nothing more."  Third party voting is just ostentatious bitching, while tearing your clothing and hair and screaming out your purity to the fucking world.  Too fucking loudly.  Shut up.

2.  If you are expecting any politician to give a shit, I don't know what to tell you.  That's like asking a lawyer to personally care about your case.  They don't.  It is not a requirement for a successful end result.

LASTLY, if people can't see the difference between bad and worse than maybe they should just stay the fuck home on election day.  Seriously, if you think that the last 3 years have been the same as the 8 years before it, take ten seconds to BITE MY ENTIRE ASS.  Remember when the GOP had it all?  Remember that $15 TRILLION dollar tax cut for rich fucks?  Remember the 64 attempts to make healthcare even WORSE than it is now?

Humans should just SHUT UP.  Seriously.  Just look at yourselves.  Prying up the planks at the bottom of the fucking lifeboat to make a sun deck.  I fucking hate everyone.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2020, 07:30:04 PM

I am convinced at this point that the Democrats DO NOT WANT to unseat Trump at all.

From the guy voting for a no-hoper.

Naw. I'm voting Biden and always was going to. I am also as of today done agitating for Vermin Supreme. Vermin is all well and fine, buut his running mate Cohen is a fuckstick pushing the "freedom from gov regulation shit" regarding the virus, and of course everything else. I had been so focused on Vermin in the run up that I barely gave Cohen's actual stances a solid look. There's a lot that's fishy about him, but just a little while ago I saw a feed he set up ad hoc through Vermin's main FB outlet. Vermin was not involved and nothing had been announced so I watched to see what was up. He ws straight up hijacking Vermin's platform, I strongly suspect without Vermin's permission, to push this shit and do an interview with some shitneck from that Tiger King show that was anti fed or whatever. Vermin has at every turn pushed for people to voluntarily follow medical advice and I see now that Cohen is a straight up "Plandemic" psychopath and willing to steal Vermin's platform to spread his shit. I'm out. Cohen is a mad dog and clearly Vermin cannot reign him in.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2020, 07:41:33 PM

Fuck the "duopoly"
Entirely
They never did
Give one shit
About us

1.  Under our system, there is a mathematical certainty that you will at BEST have two parties.  If you want more than that, we have to switch to a parliamentary system.  Bitching about the system as is is like bitching because the sun came up this morning; by which I mean "It is only bitching and nothing more."  Third party voting is just ostentatious bitching, while tearing your clothing and hair and screaming out your purity to the fucking world.  Too fucking loudly.  Shut up.

2.  If you are expecting any politician to give a shit, I don't know what to tell you.  That's like asking a lawyer to personally care about your case.  They don't.  It is not a requirement for a successful end result.

LASTLY, if people can't see the difference between bad and worse than maybe they should just stay the fuck home on election day.  Seriously, if you think that the last 3 years have been the same as the 8 years before it, take ten seconds to BITE MY ENTIRE ASS.  Remember when the GOP had it all?  Remember that $15 TRILLION dollar tax cut for rich fucks?  Remember the 64 attempts to make healthcare even WORSE than it is now?

Humans should just SHUT UP.  Seriously.  Just look at yourselves.  Prying up the planks at the bottom of the fucking lifeboat to make a sun deck.  I fucking hate everyone.

I thought I saw something that was not there. I would not say I'm well by any means, but I don't suffer that particular delusion any more.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 19, 2020, 07:48:48 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2020, 07:41:33 PM

Fuck the "duopoly"
Entirely
They never did
Give one shit
About us

I thought I saw something that was not there. I would not say I'm well by any means, but I don't suffer that particular delusion any more.

Happens to the best of us.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 18, 2020, 03:25:12 AM
I believe Tara, maybe she lied every other day of her life but I don't think she is now.

Well, if you need an excuse to sit out the election because you low-key want Trump to win to punish America for not nominating your personal favorite, believing a serial liar is as good a reason as any.
Molon Lube

altered

Texas is fucking weird. Not always in a bad way either. Check it out:

https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1262870235327102981?s=21
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

That's unexpected, but definitely some good news.

Fujikoma

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2020, 07:59:48 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on May 18, 2020, 03:25:12 AM
I believe Tara, maybe she lied every other day of her life but I don't think she is now.

Well, if you need an excuse to sit out the election because you low-key want Trump to win to punish America for not nominating your personal favorite, believing a serial liar is as good a reason as any.

Fuck no dude I am totally voting Biden, but am nonetheless disgusted by my choice. Welcome to politics I guess.