News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

What answer? I have an answer for you, but it may not address your question.

I think you're an excellent human being and we're all a bit fuckered by the current situation. I think our political climate is approaching monster truck rally characteristics. I think we're enduring a pandemic and we're all going a little crazy, though less-so for me because I don't like to socialize all that much so it doesn't really change much for me. Do you even remember what you want me to answer? Could you restate it so I can think on it some?

altered

I will not run errands. You have the goddamned thread open: read it.

I will hound you long after we're both long dead if I have to. I want my answer or for you to just shut the fuck up.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

Ok, er. I read your question, it didn't make sense to me. Someone calling me "a bad person" doesn't make sense to me, those are moral judgements and I don't run on morals. I do and say bad things. I don't beg for forgiveness because I know everyone else does bad things too. I do bad things but to those I love I am loyal, and I will fight for them as long as I'm able. Sadly, those people are in a serious shortage. I am a an unashamed hypocrite at times, I admit this. I do this because balancing, on one hand, the needs of the people I care about, including me, outweigh the needs of my values on the other side, which are over-arching moral concerns, which are simply constructs to help guide day to day interactions but no guidelines to follow when anything big is at stake.

altered

That's a dodge, not an answer.

That, in fact, sidesteps the question entirely and uses the words "a bad person" in quotation marks, which I know I never said.

It's written so badly I assume you were hoping I didn't realize you didn't address a single goddamned thing I've written to date.

Answer. Or shut the fuck up.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

You know what the joke here is Altered, I looked back and you didn't ask a question. Maybe it was in your mind and I didn't read between the lines. This some kind of weird, twisted Zen things? Never trust a Zen monk.

altered

I asked it several times, phrased in different ways. It is there for all to see. It’s taking up a rather large amount of space, even.

You’re doing your Donald Trump thing again. Falling back on making shit up the second you get cornered, and it’s transparent as fuck.

Shut the fuck up forevermore.

EDIT: Also, threadsplit? I’m done with dipshit now, he’s proven in plain view that he undeniably cannot act in good faith, period.

Fujikoma

If I was doing the DJT thing I'd call you Fartered and say YOU should shut up. Obviously I'm not doing that here because that would be stupid. Admit it, you don't remember the question.

EDIT: I looked over previous posts and I couldn't find their question, I think they're making it up for whatever  reason...

EDIT 2: Had to adjust because I gender-assumed like a moron.

altered

It seems like Biden apologized for being an insensitive bastard, so I do in fact have something to recommend him independent of Trump: he's capable of admitting he is wrong and improving.

I imagine that won't be enough for these fuckers, but at least now I can at least rule lawyer some of them against themselves.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 23, 2020, 06:12:02 AM
Someone calling me "a bad person" doesn't make sense to me, those are moral judgements and I don't run on morals.

Then you're not a person.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 23, 2020, 05:41:42 AM
If it was the reference to Ram Ranch I think that song made more people gay than it inspired to hate, and if it was about Buttiegeg you already called me an idiot for saying he would be a decent candidate, that's why I was assuming I missed something big, and maybe instead of abuse you could show me what the matter was.

*Greek chorus*

"GO FUCK YOURSELF!"
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: altered on May 23, 2020, 04:42:21 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 23, 2020, 04:26:38 AM
Quote from: altered on May 22, 2020, 11:03:50 PM

I really want to tell people to vote Biden, I do. But I fucking can't.

Okay.  Then this is the forever normal.

To be clear: not for lack of trying. There is no good argument I can make in favor of him independent of our current shitshow, and that's what these bastards want. I'm giving up on trying to sell people on him because those I have access to either will already do it or I have nothing to give them. It sucks.

He came out in favor of forgiving rent and mortgage payments for the duration of the plague.  That's a pretty bold position, and a very good one.

Fujikoma

Quote from: Pergamos on May 23, 2020, 08:58:53 PM

To be clear: not for lack of trying. There is no good argument I can make in favor of him independent of our current shitshow, and that's what these bastards want. I'm giving up on trying to sell people on him because those I have access to either will already do it or I have nothing to give them. It sucks.

He came out in favor of forgiving rent and mortgage payments for the duration of the plague.  That's a pretty bold position, and a very good one.

Agreed, it's the only way. You can't maintain a lockdown with people getting booted from their residences.

Pergamos

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 23, 2020, 09:01:29 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on May 23, 2020, 08:58:53 PM

Agreed, it's the only way. You can't maintain a lockdown with people getting booted from their residences.

The more moderate position is delaying payment.  Biden didn't just advocate for delaying payment, he advocated for cancelling it. 

Fujikoma

Nobody is making money right now aside from essential employees, completely cancelling it is the only way to avoid a ton of evictions. Many people live paycheck to paycheck, delaying payment will only result in a mountain of debt.

Cain

That is genuinely one of Biden's best policy positions. Like, it's actually good and I was impressed when I heard it.