News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Cancellation is a move I haven't seen called for and makes sense from both the individual level and for small businesses, the majority of small restaurants that closed will not be able to pay that often extortionate rent on their premises, and even when they come back they will be operating at half capacity or less if they enforce distance rules.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Juana

That makes me hate him slightly less, actually. Bc yeah, the thing the pausing of rent leads to is unpayable amounts of debt, esp bc a lot of jobs that were lost just aren't coming back.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

It's alright, he'll back to his usual self in a few days, saying stuff like this:

QuoteListen here Jack, I'm gonna set you straight. I'll only say this once so listen up, Fat. This virus isn't going anywhere. Let me repeat myself, this virus isn't going anywhere. Back in my day we didn't call it covid whatever; we called it the "Shanghai Shivers". OK, here's the deal, Slick. I used to know a guy, went by the name Cornflake Jackson. Ol' Cornflake used to play guitar down at the pool hall. He caught the Shanghai Shivers one year and let me tell you, if Cornflake Jackson says, "It ain't no thang" you can take that to the bank, Buckaroo. That's how I know you're full of shit. I'd punch your daughter straight in the mouth.

Juana

I figure. He's embarrassing.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on May 25, 2020, 01:52:41 AM

I mostly hate cringe, but I'm liking this.  Because it's fucking horrible.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 25, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

It is. I'm very tired of horrible rn.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on May 27, 2020, 08:33:01 PM

The 20s aren't going to be your decade.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Someone leaked a copy of Trump's dumbass social-media executive order about https://news.yahoo.com/looks-trumps-draft-executive-order-114822607.html

Yo I sincerely hope he breaks the Internet though. Just like the economy shut down for a few months. No new content on youtube, twitter, etc -- it would be great. "Everybody just read old posts until we get this sorted out."

also, the president of the united states getting banned from twitter should be on everybody's bingo card

Cain

Of course, that just means both FB and Twitter will be legally obligated to correct Trump's misleading posts on both platforms.

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 28, 2020, 04:37:19 AM
Quote from: Juana on May 27, 2020, 08:33:01 PM

The 20s aren't going to be your decade.
I'll probably come back around to bitter laughter/horrormirth later.

Quote from: Cramulus on May 28, 2020, 01:58:34 PM
Someone leaked a copy of Trump's dumbass social-media executive order about https://news.yahoo.com/looks-trumps-draft-executive-order-114822607.html

Yo I sincerely hope he breaks the Internet though. Just like the economy shut down for a few months. No new content on youtube, twitter, etc -- it would be great. "Everybody just read old posts until we get this sorted out."

also, the president of the united states getting banned from twitter should be on everybody's bingo card
I still need to put together those bingo cards and it's on there now.

This looks like theater to me at this point I was digging through relevant Twitter threads and he doesn't even have the authority to make the FTC do at least one of the things he wants them to and sect. 230 isn't about freedom of speech directly.

One of my friends is a civil rights lawyer and I'll see if she has anything interesting to say.

Quote from: Cain on May 28, 2020, 03:06:28 PM
Of course, that just means both FB and Twitter will be legally obligated to correct Trump's misleading posts on both platforms.
:lulz:

chaotic neutral observer

I had difficulty following the draft, since I found it a melange of political rhetoric and actual directives.
However, two of its criticisms of social media were with respect to taking restrictive actions inconsistent with their terms-of-service, and providing inadequate notice of infractions.

Trump's recent tweet "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" was in violation of twitter's policies, and was flagged as such.  It seems to me that, should Trump post another inflammatory twit, then any decision by twitter to ban him would be entirely compliant with the draft executive order.
:lulz:
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Hey, look.  Murkowski is pretending to be her own person again.   :lulz:

https://apnews.com/b5d2be0321a0a4983039198c54b8a7a5
Molon Lube

altered

No, it's most likely just the soul leeches turning over their shifts as the pupae become adults escaping into the ethereal field to torment the dreams of children, and their larvae prepare to roost in her spinal column again.

She really is her own person! Just, you know, not for long.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

Kanye West Says He's Done With Trump—Opens Up About White House Bid, Damaging Biden And Everything In Between

QuoteKanye West's Fourth of July declaration, via Tweet, that he was running for president lit the internet on fire, even as pundits were trying to discern how serious he was. Over the course of four rambling hours of interviews on Tuesday, the billionaire rapper turned sneaker mogul revealed:
That he's running for president in 2020 under a new banner—the Birthday Party—with guidance from Elon Musk and an obscure vice presidential candidate he's already chosen. "Like anything I've ever done in my life," says West, "I'm doing to win."
That he no longer supports President Trump. "I am taking the red hat off, with this interview."
That he's okay with siphoning off Black votes from the Democratic nominee, thus helping Trump. "I'm not denying it, I just told you. To say that the Black vote is Democratic is a form of racism and white supremacy."

• That he's never voted in his life.

• That he was sick with Covid-19 in February.

• That he's suspicious of a coronavirus vaccine, terming vaccines "the mark of the beast."

• That he believes "Planned Parenthoods have been placed inside cities by white supremacists to do the Devil's work."

• That he envisions a White House organizational model based on the secret country of Wakanda in Black Panther.

His position on the death penalty is good and that he says "idk, I gotta do more research to have an opinion on this" is p respectable but the rest of this????  :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: dude needs some clinical help.