News:

PD.com: We have 73 Virgins!

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2020 THREAD

Started by Doktor Howl, March 01, 2019, 08:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

She's a DA.  And there's a lot of bastards I want to see go to prison right now.
Molon Lube

Faust

Reasons to vote for biden: if he dies in office we get a decent vp as pres.
If trump dies, you get a nosferatu
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

I accepted ages ago that I'm not going to get a good candidate.

I am okay with electing "less shitty than Trump".  This is fucking AMERICA.  Everyone who isn't a complete dickbag gets shot.

And most of THEM were dickbags.
Molon Lube

Juana

As a teacher, I'm not sure I can forgive her for the truancy law (if a kid misses too much school, they parents can end up in jail) and frankly a fair bit of her other shit, but Kopmala or not I have a slightly smaller list of reservations about a Biden administration. He's clearly losing his fucking marbles and she's sharp as a tack.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on August 11, 2020, 11:07:46 PM
As a teacher, I'm not sure I can forgive her for the truancy law (if a kid misses too much school, they parents can end up in jail) and frankly a fair bit of her other shit, but Kopmala or not I have a slightly smaller list of reservations about a Biden administration. He's clearly losing his fucking marbles and she's sharp as a tack.

I'm okay with lunatic Biden, though.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2020, 12:06:37 AM

Okay. I hate him. Frankly I hope he dies shortly after he takes office bc Kopmala is at least all there, though I don't trust her further than I do him on a fair number of policy issues.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Wizard Joseph

I think this is a good strategic choice. Biden has nothing to gain from the left and this will be a helluva thing to attack from the right given her record as I understand it.

Also... Seeing Trump beset by an investigative task force that she will almost certainly be heading up makes up for nothing, but would be fun to watch.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Also..
President Trump welcomed Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., to the presidential race by blasting her as "extraordinarily nasty" and one of the "most liberal" members of the Senate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-blasts-kamala-harris-as-nasty-231131879.html

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Right out of the box Trump takes the bait. That ain't Hillary Clinton. The usual attack pattern just makes him more obviously an idiot to the center right looking for a way out..
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on August 12, 2020, 01:06:09 AM

Okay. I hate him. Frankly I hope he dies shortly after he takes office bc Kopmala is at least all there, though I don't trust her further than I do him on a fair number of policy issues.

I can see that.

But I don't have peoples' best interests at heart.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 12, 2020, 01:42:37 AM
Also..
President Trump welcomed Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., to the presidential race by blasting her as "extraordinarily nasty" and one of the "most liberal" members of the Senate.

Right out of the box Trump takes the bait. That ain't Hillary Clinton. The usual attack pattern just makes him more obviously an idiot to the center right looking for a way out..
I'm surprised he didn't call her "uppity".

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2020, 02:22:58 AM

I can see that.

I know, it's part of the wile Bond villain shtick, no?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on August 12, 2020, 05:49:12 AM
Also..

I can see that.

Mostly it's because the progressives went from "resting position" to "I'M NOT VOTING" in 2 hours.

Fuck the progressives, and fuck the rest of us for letting the Goddamn progressives in the party.

If they flake out, AND THEY WILL, motherfuckers are on their own.  I am utterly uninterested in what happens to them during the upcoming nightmare Trump second term. 

A fucking plague on them.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2020, 06:01:51 AM
Also..

I can see that.

Mostly it's because the progressives went from "resting position" to "I'M NOT VOTING" in 2 hours.

Fuck the progressives, and fuck the rest of us for letting the Goddamn progressives in the party.

If they flake out, AND THEY WILL, motherfuckers are on their own.  I am utterly uninterested in what happens to them during the upcoming nightmare Trump second term. 

Like another kind of plague or just more of this horrible mutagenic corona-chimera covid dealy?

For my part I have been presuming a Trump "victory" phyrrhic or otherwise since Feburary, but it IS disappointing to see more or less the exact same shit play out twice. To me that's less about a Trump win and more about the viability of the nation in the first place. We are a spoiled idiot child guzzling antifreeze just because we had a taste once and it was sweet and we cannot differentiate causation from correlation on why we get so sick... Or something. It's late and I can't seem to sleep.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2020, 06:01:51 AM
Also..

I can see that.

Good goddess giddyup! I feel it

I think maybe the people we're pissed at aren't exactly progressives though

progressives aren't wrong for wanting criminal justice reform, universal health care, etc--and don't deserve any flack for that. We need that.

99% of my progressive friends are voting Biden even if he shoots a woman on 5th avenue, using his penis

I'm pissed at the people who lose focus too easily -- the perfect purity party -- the people who would rather Trump get reelected than us put forward an imperfect challenger. Those people are not progressive.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 12, 2020, 02:17:20 PM
Good goddess giddyup! I feel it

I think maybe the people we're pissed at aren't exactly progressives though

progressives aren't wrong for wanting criminal justice reform, universal health care, etc--and don't deserve any flack for that. We need that.

99% of my progressive friends are voting Biden even if he shoots a woman on 5th avenue, using his penis

I'm pissed at the people who lose focus too easily -- the perfect purity party -- the people who would rather Trump get reelected than us put forward an imperfect challenger. Those people are not progressive.

It's crazy.  They asked that the platform move left.  The platform moved left.  Biden promised a woman of color as a VP. They demanded that he keep that promise.  He kept that promise.

"OH GOD WE CAN'T VOTE FOR THIS!"

Fuck 'em.  They're basically parasites, and now we're looking at another 4 years of Trump because, you know, we gave them what they asked for.

I will trot my ass out to vote against Trump, and when he wins anyway, because these fucking woobies couldn't sully themselves, people are on their own.  I plan to fade into the background and take care of myself.

And I don't want to hear any bullshit from accelerationists, because if they couldn't be arsed to vote, they won't revolt either.

The left is fucking pathetic.  Worse than useless.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

When given a choice between two unpalatable alternatives, it is one's moral duty to address a hearty "FUCK YOU" to the entity which presented you with those alternatives. However, this does not preclude picking one of the alternatives.  It's possible to vote for Biden, and rip the Democratic party a fresh asshole.

But I'm preaching to the choir.

Part of me is hoping that sending a senile geriatric out to do battle with another senile geriatric is just crazy enough to work.

By the way, if Trump gets a second season, I'm holding all Americans responsible.  All of them.  I don't care who you voted for.  If you let this happen, you're going to take responsibility, dammit.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.