News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

My house is killing me

Started by Con-troll, March 11, 2019, 09:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: Con-troll on March 15, 2019, 07:31:45 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on March 14, 2019, 07:09:27 PM
Jeanne de Salzmann (I think? or maybe Margaret Anderson?) said that organizing your life to intentionally create those conditions is a sacred process.

Wait... Doesn't that mean there's people running around creating those conditions for other people? That you could in theory make the whole waking up thing an industrialized process? Sell people placebo pills so people don't realise what is sold to them is actually a live action theatre around them designed to push them off the rails?

Heh, there is a "mindfulness industry", but it's hung up on bogus stuff like productivity and tranquility. And like null said -the church experience is, in some ways, an ecstacy factory.

But no, the conditions I'm talking about are deeply personal, many of them are inner conditions. I think part of it is an attitude towards waking up - you have to be able to recognize that you're asleep and want something else.

How are you feeling about your house today?

Con-troll

I accidentally butchered the whole soundscape by stacking drum-machine-sounds. The thing is just running in the corner, and for some reason I'm not turning it off
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Fujikoma

Wow, I can totally identify with the OP.

Con-troll

Update:

Now there's a fucking drill going off 10 am every morning upstairs. What did I do wrong :lulz:
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Fujikoma

Did you boil a baby goat in its mother's milk? I've heard that can do it.