News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Christchurch shootings

Started by altered, March 15, 2019, 05:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

I finally found an article that outlined everything clearly, not in half mentions, earlier today and I need to correct my above statement due to an updated understanding of things.

One active shooter, two potential accomplices in custody; one apparently unconnected person caught but let go. Earlier reports mentioned 4 people arrested, three arrested and one presumptive shooter dead, and a whole bevy of other bad info. I'm pretty sure this is the correct story now.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gunman-advanced-zealand-mosque-1-man-ran-him-092301154.html

Aziz said as he ran outside screaming, he was hoping to distract the attacker. He said the gunman ran back to his car to get another gun, and Aziz hurled the credit card machine at him.

He said he could hear his two youngest sons, aged 11 and 5, urging him to come back inside.

The gunman returned, firing. Aziz said he ran, weaving through cars parked in the driveway, which prevented the gunman from getting a clean shot. Then Aziz spotted a gun the gunman had abandoned and picked it up, pointed it and squeezed the trigger. It was empty.

He said the gunman ran back to the car for a second time, likely to grab yet another weapon.

"He gets into his car and I just got the gun and threw it on his window like an arrow and blasted his window," he said.

The windshield shattered: "That's why he got scared."

He said the gunman was cursing at him, yelling that he was going to kill them all. But he drove away and Aziz said he chased the car down the street to a red light, before it made a U-turn and sped away. Online videos indicate police officers managed to force the car from the road and drag out the suspect soon after.

Aziz said he didn't feel fear or much of anything when facing the gunman. It was like he was on autopilot. And he believes that God, that Allah, didn't think it was his time to die.

That's what I'm talkin about! When the shit hits the fan react like a madman. There is no thought or premeditation to it. You just retaliate.

Also :lulz: for excellent use of a credit card machine!

Guess I found out why there was such a difference in death toll.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

"See? Another shooting spree stopped by a good guy with a gun!"
                                  /
                  :redneck2:
Formerly something else...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Emo Howard on March 17, 2019, 04:56:20 AM
                                  /

At no point did this guy have a loaded gun. Aziz did pick one up that the killer had discarded, but it was empty, any charge the bastards's car and broke his windshield with it hastening his retreat.

Did you read the article?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 17, 2019, 06:29:57 AM
                                  /

At no point did this guy have a loaded gun. Aziz did pick one up that the killer had discarded, but it was empty, any charge the bastards's car and broke his windshield with it hastening his retreat.

Technically he made the shooter scared by use of a gun... that had no bullets, mind you, that he threw thru the window  :fnord:

I mean its a nice heroic narrative, but who knows
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on March 17, 2019, 08:46:15 AM
                                  /

Technically he made the shooter scared by use of a gun... that had no bullets, mind you, that he threw thru the window  :fnord:

Who knows what? Are you saying that you doubt the veracity of the story?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 17, 2019, 08:57:38 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on March 17, 2019, 08:46:15 AM
                                  /

Who knows what? Are you saying that you doubt the veracity of the story?

The veracity of the attribution of motives that made the shooter run away, nobody knows what was going on in his mind.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Bruno

/

I feel like you're not seeing the little redneck smiley.

Are you seeing the little redneck smiley?
Formerly something else...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Emo Howard on March 17, 2019, 09:23:13 AM
                                  /

I feel like you're not seeing the little redneck smiley.

Are you seeing the little redneck smiley?
He really doesn't look like he's smiling. Then again it's kind of hard to tell with jowls like that.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl