News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

The Holy Rage

Started by The Wizard Joseph, March 17, 2019, 01:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Buried deep inside of you, in the heart of every hominid, there's a Raging Creature. It's a Killer born of 10 million years of natural selection, a true gift from God.

No matter how timid or peaceful you may think yourself, The Holy Rage is there, buzzing and shrieking just below your consciousness. It is not a mere "fight or flight" response!! It is your very soul retaliating against anything that would bring your life to an end or threaten those that you love.  In a very real sense it is the Love That Kills.

The Holy Rage may be a hot, burning thing or maybe a cold and icy, but horrifically violent, detachment. It's every ounce of your very being gushing out in a torrent with but one purpose.

That purpose is Survival!
That purpose is Retaliation!

The Holy Rage is life!
The Holy Rage brings death!

You will bite, and kick, and claw!! You will howl like a Lunatic and throw whatever comes to hand!! You will gouge eyes and crush genitals!! You will bash a head into the concrete over and over until the white meat shows!!

The Holy Rage knows no honor, no rules, no mercy, and fears no consequences. It is your Self Set Ablaze!! It is your entire Being screaming out,

"I AM, AND YOU ARE FUCKED!!!!!"

If you doubt me get a mattress and a baseball bat. Think of something that has hurt you and made you angry in your life. Shriek out a War Cry and begin to swing. Intentionally continue to scream and swing! The Savage Ape inside of you will begin to have fun! Continue until your throat is raw and your limbs are heavy and dead. You are likely to feel euphoric. This is because you are engineered to LIKE IT.

This is the primal magic of The Holy Rage.
This is the essence of Life in the face of Death.
This is where your True Self dwells.
This is your Salvation when there is no help.
This is the true face of a personal Revolution.

Embrace it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

Don't confuse power with holiness.

There is an animal in you, yes, and it wants to live. This is an essential part of the human, but it is not the "true human". It's an animal.

The Sacred Retaliatory Murder thumps in the chest of the mass shooter, the terrorist, the neverending feud seeking eye after eye after eye. Every terrorist feels justified. Every war is fought in 'defense of those we love'1. .

Beating the shit out of a mattress, or a person, may make you feel euphoric. It is precisely this euphoria that we need to be worried about, that we need to doubt and distance ourselves from2.

Rage is momentary. But we all have to live in the season of aftermath.

I say--the personal revolution is the triumph over the animal. The animal is emotional, horny, & hungry. And you do need to address these needs. There is a time for rage. But keep the animal on a leash. Who can hold the leash, who can direct the animal? That, not the animal, is the true self.

Con-troll

Do you actually need to "triumph over the animal", or couldn't you just like, love it to submission? The Animal is after all ancient and mighty, proud of every evolutionary innovation it has gathered through the years.

It is a sort of thing I'd much rather have as a friend than a slave.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Cramulus

when you are holding a physical or metaphorical gun, and are emotionally charged (with fear, anger, or zeal), there is an internal struggle -- if love is the right tool for that moment, then so be it.

The Wizard Joseph

Love can beget Rage. The mass shooter does not use The Holy Rage, which exists to violently preserve life, but a fear of that which they cannot control. I sincerely think you're just squeamish Cram. You intellectualize that which has nothing to do with intellect, it is a fundamental part of you at all times. It can and must be controlled to function as a complete human being, you cannot do this If you deny it.

Quote from: Con-troll on March 17, 2019, 12:54:31 PM
Do you actually need to "triumph over the animal", or couldn't you just like, love it to submission? The Animal is after all ancient and mighty, proud of every evolutionary innovation it has gathered through the years.

It is a sort of thing I'd much rather have as a friend than a slave.

Precisely.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on March 17, 2019, 12:45:09 PM

Balls.  The more powerful I get, the more holy I get.  This is OBSERVABLE FACT.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 17, 2019, 03:43:12 PM
Love can beget Rage. The mass shooter does not use The Holy Rage, which exists to violently preserve life, but a fear of that which they cannot control. I sincerely think you're just squeamish Cram. You intellectualize that which has nothing to do with intellect, it is a fundamental part of you at all times. It can and must be controlled to function as a complete human being, you cannot do this If you deny it.

you said to embrace horrifically violent retaliation. You said that retaliation is sacred, if it's motivated by love. You and the jihadists agree on that, I guess. That guy who shot that trick or treater dead was defending his family.

The line between killing in fear and killing in love is as thin as piss on a rock. Yes, we're engineered to ENJOY exerting power, there are evolutionary reasons for that. It's easy to rationalize that my reasons for "gouging eyes and crushing genitals", "bashing someones head on a rock over and over again" are good reasons, whereas the bad guys reasons just came from the wrong place.

I mistrust anyone that is certain they can tell the difference in themselves.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on March 17, 2019, 05:15:09 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 17, 2019, 03:43:12 PM

you said to embrace horrifically violent retaliation. You said that retaliation is sacred, if it's motivated by love. You and the jihadists agree on that, I guess. That guy who shot that trick or treater dead was defending his family.

The line between killing in fear and killing in love is as thin as piss on a rock. Yes, we're engineered to ENJOY exerting power, there are evolutionary reasons for that. It's easy to rationalize that my reasons for "gouging eyes and crushing genitals", "bashing someones head on a rock over and over again" are good reasons, whereas the bad guys reasons just came from the wrong place.

I mistrust anyone that is certain they can tell the difference in themselves.

Ok

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

chaotic neutral observer

If someone cuts me off in traffic, should I embrace my instincts, and force him off the road? Or should I follow him until he stops, and bury my hatchet in his windshield, or his forehead?

No, because that's not an effective use of my time and energy.  He might be a genuine asshole, but he also might be a generally good driver who just made a rare error in judgement, and is in a hurry to go home and play with his kids.  The root problem is that a bunch of semi-sentient apes somehow got access to car keys, and I'm not going to solve that by losing my calm.  (That's a problem for the self-driving car people).

My immediate concern is to get my blood pressure under control, because I'm not a good driver when I'm excited.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 17, 2019, 04:23:26 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on March 17, 2019, 12:45:09 PM

Balls.  The more powerful I get, the more holy I get.  This is OBSERVABLE FACT.

A little Holiness is a terrible thing. A lot of Holiness can be freaking awesome!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 17, 2019, 05:56:32 PM
If someone cuts me off in traffic, should I embrace my instincts, and force him off the road? Or should I follow him until he stops, and bury my hatchet in his windshield, or his forehead?

No, because that's not an effective use of my time and energy.  He might be a genuine asshole, but he also might be a generally good driver who just made a rare error in judgement, and is in a hurry to go home and play with his kids.  The root problem is that a bunch of semi-sentient apes somehow got access to car keys, and I'm not going to solve that by losing my calm.  (That's a problem for the self-driving car people).

My immediate concern is to get my blood pressure under control, because I'm not a good driver when I'm excited.

You will not lose your cool or go out of control if you have embraced and befriended The Holy Rage. If someone puts everyone's life in danger by driving like an idiot, you have every right to be mad. Unleashing The Holy Rage in such circumstances would be unhelpful at best. It's not like I'm advocating being a psychotic monster all of the time, as may have been suggested ITT.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 17, 2019, 06:02:28 PM
You will not lose your cool or go out of control if you have embraced and befriended The Holy Rage.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 17, 2019, 01:10:59 AM
You will bite, and kick, and claw!! You will howl like a Lunatic and throw whatever comes to hand!! You will gouge eyes and crush genitals!! You will bash a head into the concrete over and over until the white meat shows!!

I find it difficult to reconcile the above two statements.  I don't really see myself throwing random objects or bashing heads repeatedly unless I'd lost control.  Maybe this Holy Rage thing isn't for me.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 17, 2019, 06:40:10 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 17, 2019, 06:02:28 PM
You will not lose your cool or go out of control if you have embraced and befriended The Holy Rage.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 17, 2019, 01:10:59 AM

I find it difficult to reconcile the above two statements.  I don't really see myself throwing random objects or bashing heads repeatedly unless I'd lost control.  Maybe this Holy Rage thing isn't for me.

It doesn't have to be for you. Many people would prefer to deny it entirely. I merely acknowledge that this part of us exists and embrace it.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

In Vajrayana Buddhism, particularly the Tibetan strains of it, there is a concept that is important to understand: the Dharmapala.

To start off, though, it's important to understand this: In Buddhism, deities and spirits are best considered to be mental archetypes that one can make use of in their own personal journey. They're mascots, of a sort. Dakini are spirits of energy, but the important part is the imagining and anthropomorphizing of raw spiritual energy, not prayer and beseeching. They do not have independent reality beyond (sometimes) being used by many practitioners.

Dharmapalas are different. A Dharmapala is a wrathful protector of Dharma. They are both holy and terrible.

Mahakala is the best known Dharmapala, in my experience. He is an "emanation" of the Buddha Avalokitesvara, a Buddha of compassion. He loves humanity so much that he lashes out at them in terrible anger when they stray from the path of Dharma.

Mahakala wears a sash about his waist strung with 8 skulls. In one hand, he holds a bowl of intestines in a kapala, or skull cup. In another, he runs his fingers through the gore. Other hands hold a drum, a sword, a short trident, and a large sickle (not scythe). He is covered in the ashes of human cremation. Screaming jackals and vultures surround him. He is the husband of Kali. They are time, entropy, and eventually the Void itself.

This is the wrathful manifestation of the Buddha of compassion. The love that kills, the protector of the road that turns that road to forest. A Dharmapala is a TERRIBLE being.

The intended purpose of the Dharmapala is to relentlessly remove what is unskillful from a practitioner when asked to. They are a doctor amputating all the infected limbs, and they do not care how much the patient screams. That is the ideal use case.

The secret Dharmapala of the Holy Primate is different in only one respect: it only turns outwards. In Tibetan Buddhism, it has manifested as the Dharmapala Dorje Shugden. This spirit was so monstrous that the current Dalai Lama (no stranger to attempted genocide from both directions, and I encourage doubters to look up what he had his lackeys do to the Nyingma Tibetan Buddhists) outright banned Shugden invocation, worship, etc.

How odd is that?

Before this time, Dorje Shugden was considered by the Gelugpa tradition to be almost on the same level as Palden Lhamo: a protector deity of Tibet itself. He was no Buddha, they thought, but certainly his power could not be denied and he defended the Gelugpa school from the other schools.

Then the dying started.

Be very fucking careful with the Dharmapala of the Holy Primate. Dorje Shugden should not be invoked. The Ape Inside should be kept locked in a cage and unleashed only in times of immediate crisis. I myself owe it my life, and still I say to you that that power is the same power that left over 50 dead in Christchurch and the same power that locks children in cages in the USA. Be very fucking careful.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

That was very interesting nullified. Thank you for sharing.

I do not suggest that you release the Holy Primate, so to speak, during anything but times of immediate and deadly crisis or under controlled and safe circumstances . It is certainly capable of being horrifically abused. That said it can also save lives. Demonizing it is a Folly equal to misuse, as I see it.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl