News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

A Parable (just for funsies)

Started by IntentionallyLeftBlank, March 23, 2019, 08:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Well, I've just figured out who ILB is.

Sir, your hardcore is commendable, but as you say so yourself, punk is not a sound, it's a verb.  It has no genre.  Coltrane was a punk.  Beethoven was a punk.  Hell, Debussy was a punk. 

Fuck, I'll say it.  JOHN-FUCKING-DENVER was a punk.

Anyway, in response to the OP, the commercializers didn't kill punk.  Punk got bored of their bullshit and left.  Punk hung around Electroclash for a while, then peeked in to what Hip Hop was doing, hi-fived queerpop on the way to the drag bar, and was last seen palling around with Kamasi Washington.

IntentionallyLeftBlank

Quote from: LMNO on March 24, 2019, 07:42:22 PM

Sir, your hardcore is commendable, but as you say so yourself, punk is not a sound, it's a verb.  It has no genre.  Coltrane was a punk.  Beethoven was a punk.  Hell, Debussy was a punk. 

Anyway, in response to the OP, the commercializers didn't kill punk.  Punk got bored of their bullshit and left.  Punk hung around Electroclash for a while, then peeked in to what Hip Hop was doing, hi-fived queerpop on the way to the drag bar, and was last seen palling around with Kamasi Washington.

I actually tell people all the time that Beethoven was the first punker.
No Signature

Con-troll

Quote from: IntentionallyLeftBlank on March 25, 2019, 12:34:40 AM
Beethoven was the first punker.
He was the first one to sell out.

The actual mother of punk was this cavewoman named roughly something like Zorgette on our alphabet. She was so enthusiastic about banging rocks together that her tribe got really aggravated and accidentally invented mosh pit.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Doktor Howl

HAH!  THIS is the FUCKING GUY that told me Burn Down the Mission wasn't punk, when it is CLEARLY PUNK AS FUCK.

"The man leaned on me so I killed him and his lackeys and burned their bodies in their church, and I don't know what I'm gonna do when the law shows up but it ain't gonna be pretty."

Molon Lube

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 25, 2019, 11:55:36 AM
:asshat:

Beer turns my memory into Memorex.

I never forget a fucking THING that gets said after beer #3.  Useful in this case, but more often gives me the random CRINGE UNTIL YOU PULL YOUR PANTS UP YOUR ASS things I said when I was white girl drunk like 15 years ago.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

AND ANOTHER THING:

Punk killed acid rock.  Hair metal ate punk.  Grunge came for the crimes of hair metal.  Indie shanked grunge...AND ALL THIS TIME, pop was having unsafe sex down in the MBTA station and their numbers grew.

Now there is no punk.  There is no grunge.  There sure as fuck isn't any hair metal.

There is only Taylor Swift, and all shall love her and despair.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Forget about Taylor Swift.

It's all about Lizzo and Robyn.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 25, 2019, 04:50:35 PM
Forget about Taylor Swift.

It's all about Lizzo and Robyn.

I am okay with all of this.  I warned you fuckers.  I did.  You saw me.  I told you DUCK NOW but you just stood there making Studio 54 jokes.  NOW LOOK AT YOU!  YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT.  And on top of your unwholesome new habits, THIS HAPPENED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcNo07Xp8aQ

And I love it.  This is the FUTURE.  It's what WE BUILT when we were FUCKED UP ON DRUGS, and were TOO COOL to listen to what TOM JONES WAS TRYING TO TELL US.

And in the smoking ruins, Johnny Rotten is a sad clown, explaining that Trump is punk af and the kids should stop whinging.

No shit.  He said that.  Out loud.

And nobody will KILL ME.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I've been going through Robyn's discography and I love her like I love earthquakes and inconvenient volcanoes.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Yup, that's about right.

Have you encountered "Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do" yet?

IntentionallyLeftBlank

No Signature

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 25, 2019, 05:40:30 PM
Yup, that's about right.

Have you encountered "Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do" yet?

No.

Off on a mission!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Meh.  Dancing on my own is a work of genius.

This other one is a gimmick.
Molon Lube