News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Cancel Culture

Started by Cramulus, April 09, 2019, 02:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Anti-choice is a killer for me. That's "I don't want to be associated with you remotely" tier for me personally and I'm not making apologies for it. (Note: I live under a rock in a box in a cave at the bottom of a hole I dug in the Marianas Trench and this is the first I heard of this Pyle dude at all.)

But I reserve "and fuck your fans too" for Nazis, pedos, terfs, collaborators and other horrid scum without evidence, and any sort of sexual harassment with evidence. That's the line I draw. Some people can look past some shittiness, and some levels of shittiness don't rise to the point where being able to look past them means you're inevitably mired in them. Most levels, in fact.

And hell, there's even just "I have emotional investment and there's no legit evidence, so I'm going to let it slide for now". I do that myself. Sometimes there's not enough for me to say "fuck this" to the things I love yet. I'm prepared, I'm capable, but for a certain amount of love for some things, I need a certain amount of leverage to pry me loose from it first.

Short of trying to hang on to R. Kelly or Burzum or some other awful, terrible, eternally tainted fecal matter, these are things that people should be forgiven for, even if you can't forgive the public figures that those people enjoy, I think.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Con-troll

I feel like a terrible person without fitting any of those categories and so I feel compassion to them.

How horrifying would it be to see your life crumble around you just because you were brainwashed wrong as a child?

If you are rejected by the society for your views, you tend to go back to the place you got them from, because there you are at least understood.

Then they can paste on the next layer of shit.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

altered

If you're seriously trying to tell me Nazis, pedos and terfs deserve my compassion, you can get fucked by a semitrailer, sideways, at freeway speeds. They deserve mountaineering crampons, the metal bear trap looking kind, to the jaw.

If you aren't saying that, correct yourself my dude.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Con-troll on April 11, 2019, 04:15:21 AM
I feel like a terrible person without fitting any of those categories and so I feel compassion to them.

Your priorities are fucked, and you should feel bad.
Molon Lube

Con-troll

Quote from: nullified on April 11, 2019, 04:37:48 AM
If you're seriously trying to tell me Nazis, pedos and terfs deserve my compassion, you can get fucked by a semitrailer, sideways, at freeway speeds. They deserve mountaineering crampons, the metal bear trap looking kind, to the jaw.

All those are scales. When exactly does a person start to deserve bad things to start happening to them?

Best example I can think of is te #metoo and the conversation around that. The side accusing people of rape have been educated enough to realize that rape isn't always a violent gangbang in some  dark streetcorner, that it can be much more subtle, but for the side being accused that is just the image the word "rape" tends to evoke.

In my country at least, the masculine culture is all for castrating the rapists in a gory public displays, but if we at the same time want to have the word include all sexual interaction without consent, things get very messy very fast.

Do you see the chasm?

altered

All sexual interaction without consent can cause /serious fucking damage/. All of it. It might look "minor" to you but I'm extremely fucked up over some of that "minor" shit.

Keep digging that fucking hole, sparky. I'll gladly bury you when you've gotten it fucking deep enough.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Con-troll on April 11, 2019, 07:16:05 AM
Quote from: nullified on April 11, 2019, 04:37:48 AM

All those are scales. When exactly does a person start to deserve bad things to start happening to them?

Best example I can think of is te #metoo and the conversation around that. The side accusing people of rape have been educated enough to realize that rape isn't always a violent gangbang in some  dark streetcorner, that it can be much more subtle, but for the side being accused that is just the image the word "rape" tends to evoke.

In my country at least, the masculine culture is all for castrating the rapists in a gory public displays, but if we at the same time want to have the word include all sexual interaction without consent, things get very messy very fast.

Do you see the chasm?

I see you devaluing victims.  Does that count as a chasm?

Because sexual interaction without consent is sexual misconduct AT BEST (Biden), but is in fact usually rape.  And here you are, defending that shit.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Molon Lube

altered

Also I just caught the "all those are scales" thing.

So how many kids need to be molested before someone is firmly on the pedo end of the scale you fucking imbecile?

How many "Sieg Heil"s and "Juden raus"s are required to make a Nazi?

You are human fucking waste. Thanks for letting us see how utterly contemptible you are.

altered

There's a fucking scale to being a child molester you guys! Uncle BadTouch is practically a motherfucking saint by Con-troll's standards! There's room for forgiveness and growth!

All those soldiers in the fucking death camps in 1945 were just going their job! They would have been stuck in the shit themselves if they hadn't!

It's almost like someone didn't realize that moral relativism taken too far makes you a codpiece stitched together out of rotten pork! How fucking enlightening is that, don't you guys see that you're hurting /innocent fucking people/ when you just take every goosestepping skinhead fuckwit and paint them all as nazis?

altered

This shit pisses me off like none other. "Scales" to rape, pedophilia, fascism. What the fuck. You ought to be hounded through the fucking streets by rabid oxen for being such a callous fucking moron.

Con-troll

Fully agree with you on that.

You are nazi by telling a holocaust joke, or by actually murdering people you deem genetically inferior.

You are pedophile by fantasizing about minors, or by ritual sacrificing them.

You are terf by being terrified by phallos.

It's like we are trying to say, that when you cross the line and get labeled, THERE IS NO RETURN, you'll end up committing the extreme example of whatever mental disability you inhabit anyways, so you should be treated like you already did.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Con-troll on April 11, 2019, 07:50:40 AM
Fully agree with you on that.

You are nazi by telling a holocaust joke, or by actually murdering people you deem genetically inferior.

You are pedophile by fantasizing about minors, or by ritual sacrificing them.

You are terf by being terrified by phallos.

It's like we are trying to say, that when you cross the line and get labeled, THERE IS NO RETURN, you'll end up committing the extreme example of whatever mental disability you inhabit anyways, so you should be treated like you already did.

My dude.

Shut the fuck up.
Molon Lube

altered

I told him he was digging the hole. He hits bedrock and what's he do? Orders some fucking thermite charges.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on April 11, 2019, 07:57:13 AM
I told him he was digging the hole. He hits bedrock and what's he do? Orders some fucking thermite charges.

Yeah, well, this ain't the first time we've had someone kick the door in and announce that they're trash.
Molon Lube

altered

No, it's the first time I've seen someone so fucking determined to be the counterpoint to a thread by way of example though.