News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

You Are Enough

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, April 12, 2019, 04:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

The world may come at you with knives
and try to cut away the pieces of you
that do not fit their vision
of who you should have been

The voices may pile up one atop the other
screaming your inadequacies
Rehashing every loss and sorrow
You never learned to grieve

And you may spend your whole life fighting
And never seem to make ground
You may lose your friends
And see your enemies in power

But know this

You do not have to fulfill any prophesy
You do not have to avenge the girl
You do not even have to get your shit together
To be worthy of this love

You are enough as you are now
With your failures and your fears
With your dreams unaccomplished
With your weaknesses and doubt

You with every goofy grin
With your scars and addictions
With the weirdness to your walk
And your terrible fashion sense

You are loved

The Wizard Joseph

A lot of people need to hear this. I mean a LOT.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

Yes. This is probably my favorite thing you've written, and you've written a lot of my favorite things.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

I nominate this for Holy Nonsense. It occurs to me that Q.G. may be a bit too modest to nominate it herself, so as a member of the project I'm officially saying put this shit in there please.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Fujikoma

This is beautiful. I'm serious, not saying it just to say it. I'd shitpost all over anything, not this, and not the last post about the cab driver.

Fujikoma

I second Joseph, this is beyond art.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

altered

I want this in hoodie form.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: nullified on April 14, 2019, 01:28:13 AM
I want this in hoodie form.

Going up on Redbubble after the patreon waiting period. The full image probably wouldn't work for the hoodie, but I can see about framing the text?

altered

It's a shame they don't do the fun printing for hoodies. Yeah, that'd be great. I am getting a real chance to make progress on my life here, so money to pay for things isn't impossible in my near future, and your store has been top of the list ever since I got new boots.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: nullified on April 14, 2019, 04:23:37 AM
It's a shame they don't do the fun printing for hoodies. Yeah, that'd be great. I am getting a real chance to make progress on my life here, so money to pay for things isn't impossible in my near future, and your store has been top of the list ever since I got new boots.

I can see about doing some kind of irregular border for more of the image? Hoodies don't do all-over prints, and a big rectangle would look ridiculous

altered

Yeah, do whatever you think will turn out best! I understand the limits, and I love all of your work anyway. I do like the wispiness and the colors but I totally understand those don't translate well with what Redbubble gives you.