The International Discordian Society est. 2015 is MIA

Started by The Wizard Joseph, April 18, 2019, 08:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 18, 2019, 08:17:19 PM
It was brought to my attention this morning that the Facebook group I help admin has disappeared from Facebook. No search using Facebook can find it. I found a link to it on Google, but the link is broken. It says the page may have been removed, but I do not know what for or by whom. If anybody reading this has any information about what happened I would appreciate it if you post in this thread. Also posting this to let other people that admin here from PD know about the disappearance.

The Facebook help desk is useless. It just said the link may be broken or the Group may have been removed. I'm guessing the group was removed by an admin, but I don't know. There are no messages in my inbox about Facebook removing it for content.

Someone posted something that got the page deleted.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on April 19, 2019, 06:31:22 AM
Oh no, reviving the lost group is fine. Making a PD.com group I'm concerned about as a concept.

Yeah, that's a bad idea.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 19, 2019, 05:58:37 PM
It was brought to my attention this morning that the Facebook group I help admin has disappeared from Facebook. No search using Facebook can find it. I found a link to it on Google, but the link is broken. It says the page may have been removed, but I do not know what for or by whom. If anybody reading this has any information about what happened I would appreciate it if you post in this thread. Also posting this to let other people that admin here from PD know about the disappearance.

The Facebook help desk is useless. It just said the link may be broken or the Group may have been removed. I'm guessing the group was removed by an admin, but I don't know. There are no messages in my inbox about Facebook removing it for content.

Considering there are blatantly open neo-nazi pages over there, what the hell was posted? 

A human nipple?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Probably someone said men are trash, or nazis should be punched

The Wizard Joseph

I was able to get into the notifications box for the group. There were no content warnings since 2018, and then only two total. I'm not sure it was content that got the group taken down, but if it was I didn't get any notice.

I think it would be best to just try and revive the group. We'll have to start from scratch in terms of membership and content. The original International Discordian Society was that about 3000ish people when it went down. I'm not sure about how to attract more people to the group or set up invites. I have about 20 something discordians that I know of on my Facebook list. A fair number of those are from here active or inactive.

When I was first admining the group from 2015 to 2016 I had to be very heavy-handed about banning people to cut the Disco crap. If I wind up admining a new group I will be equally merciless about it. I just won't tolerate hate speech or much spamming. I also had an unspoken policy against sockpuppet accounts. If an obvious sock puppet tried to join the group I would just block it instead of admitting it to the group.

I am now solidly of the opinion that a pd based Facebook group would be disastrous. I can see linking to content here from time to time, especially things not from the Forum.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on April 19, 2019, 06:48:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 19, 2019, 05:58:37 PM

Considering there are blatantly open neo-nazi pages over there, what the hell was posted? 

A human nipple?

If Jonathan Bost was around, probably something to do with child rape fantasies.

Otherwise, some edgy race bullshit.
Molon Lube