News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Evangelical Atheism versus Religion, ROUND 666

Started by Cramulus, May 21, 2019, 03:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

The whole reason I don't call myself "An Atheist" is because I think it sounds too much like I'm in some kind of club or something.

I just say I'm "not religious" if it ever comes up.
Formerly something else...

Con-troll

There is No God and He is your Non-God, you shall have no other Non-Gods
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Juana

Quote from: Hoopla! on May 22, 2019, 10:19:42 PM
"primitive culture" is a big Ayn Rand thing. When she was in a good mood. When she was in a bad mood they were "savages".
it's the logic of colonizers. she, specifically, argued the annexation of NAtive lands was justified because "they weren't using it."
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

hooplala

Quote from: Juana on May 23, 2019, 06:14:51 PM
"primitive culture" is a big Ayn Rand thing. When she was in a good mood. When she was in a bad mood they were "savages".
it's the logic of colonizers. she, specifically, argued the annexation of NAtive lands was justified because "they weren't using it."

I successfully annexed her sense of humor for the same reason.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Juana

Quote from: Hoopla! on May 23, 2019, 07:00:23 PM
Quote from: Juana on May 23, 2019, 06:14:51 PM

I successfully annexed her sense of humor for the same reason.
:lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."