News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Started by chaotic neutral observer, May 18, 2019, 02:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 20, 2019, 02:13:10 PM
You ate all the really bad folks, there's not a lot left to rage at.

No, there is still one left.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: IntentionallyLeftBlank on May 20, 2019, 05:49:08 PM
Quote from: LMNO on May 19, 2019, 09:14:40 PM
Dok, I know you don't change easy; but still, way harsh.

Actually in full agreement with Dok this time.

Chickens ----> roost.  It would be both out of character and wrong to let this go.
Molon Lube

altered

1: I wasn't here for whatever caused this whole thing, and basic digging came up blank, or else I'm missing the obvious. Either way, I don't have any reason to back a horse in this race. I'm going to let things play out, and make my decisions on the basis of the here and now. I am prepared to eat shit and admit to wrongness at a moment's notice, but I'll wait till I see something myself.

For now, there are (for me) relevant subjects of interest caught in the crossfire. And so, for now, I will do things that keep me able to potentially learn from those subjects. This may appear to be picking sides, but I'm just a sucker for knowledge, especially knowledge pertinent to my life, and I'm not about to insert myself into a dog fight about it.

2: It is absolutely correct that this place collects people who need to poke each other in the eye. I don't really know what else to say on the matter, if someone hasn't noticed that yet then I don't know what the fuck forum they've been hiding their head in.

This, for the record, isn't making a value judgement on this particular case of poking, because sometimes it's a good natured jest, sometimes its trying to get stuff out of your eye and sometimes it's attempts to maim and rip. As I can't see it, I don't get a meaningful opinion on which it was.

3: My only caveat is that I'd rather not navigate a minefield with the risk of people throwing bottles and dead dogs and shit at the mines next to me. Whatever the interpretation of What I Am Doing is, I'm not going to be shitting on anyone as a proxy for anyone else. I'm just out here looking at stuff. If I get blown up, let me earn it personally, all I ask.

4: I still don't get the OP, and I've been actively trying. :sad:
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on May 20, 2019, 09:00:54 PM
1: I wasn't here for whatever caused this whole thing, and basic digging came up blank, or else I'm missing the obvious. Either way, I don't have any reason to back a horse in this race. I'm going to let things play out, and make my decisions on the basis of the here and now. I am prepared to eat shit and admit to wrongness at a moment's notice, but I'll wait till I see something myself.

For now, there are (for me) relevant subjects of interest caught in the crossfire. And so, for now, I will do things that keep me able to potentially learn from those subjects. This may appear to be picking sides, but I'm just a sucker for knowledge, especially knowledge pertinent to my life, and I'm not about to insert myself into a dog fight about it.

2: It is absolutely correct that this place collects people who need to poke each other in the eye. I don't really know what else to say on the matter, if someone hasn't noticed that yet then I don't know what the fuck forum they've been hiding their head in.

This, for the record, isn't making a value judgement on this particular case of poking, because sometimes it's a good natured jest, sometimes its trying to get stuff out of your eye and sometimes it's attempts to maim and rip. As I can't see it, I don't get a meaningful opinion on which it was.

3: My only caveat is that I'd rather not navigate a minefield with the risk of people throwing bottles and dead dogs and shit at the mines next to me. Whatever the interpretation of What I Am Doing is, I'm not going to be shitting on anyone as a proxy for anyone else. I'm just out here looking at stuff. If I get blown up, let me earn it personally, all I ask.

In this case, Doktor's prescription is "scroll wheel, applied liberally".
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 20, 2019, 09:58:21 PM
In this case, Doktor's prescription is "scroll wheel, applied liberally".

Given my current device of choice, that's not a hard one to manage. Easier than not, in fact.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on May 20, 2019, 09:00:54 PM

People involved in The Industry™ often have silly confidentiality statements in their email signatures.  (One of my co-workers recently sent me an email with such a signature, which triggered this).  Examples:  http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/list.html .

These statements are not only unenforceable, but doubly stupid when posted in a public forum.

But let's pretend that my incompetence in accidentally sending you a confidential email somehow compels you to cooperate.  Since I'm really concerned about the security of the message, I couldn't trust that your simply deleting it would leave no trace on your computer.  Better to have you destroy your computer entirely.  Peppermint is one of the most dangerous substances known.

After that, it sort of goes off the rails.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

I was unaware of the destructive properties of peppermint oil and now want to get my hands on some even more. (Already wanted it for food and insect control purposes.) Thanks for the explanation.

hirley0

It has been many/MANY years since i tried to do any AUDIO with computers BUT i'LL try http://carleesmith.com/    click >

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 20, 2019, 02:13:10 PM
The recipe for activity is just people shitposting, tbh. You show them that, hey, somebody actually cares enough to shitpost, and they'll be like, "Well, shitposting isn't my thing, but I will post a few things and join in on discussion". Nobody wants to post to a dead forum, so let's get some life flowing through this motherfucker. Thread necro some dumb shit with some random chaotic shit. That'll end up in somebody's inbox and they'll be like, "Wait, wtf?!"

People get upset in a number of communities because I just, relentlessly shitpost, but honestly, if I turn my back and walk away? Nobody's going to say shit, and it's going to wither and die. I don't want that. Somebody has to take the hit though, and it may as well be me. I hate to sound like I'm taking credit for shit I don't really deserve, but I've seen this enough to know that this is how it works. Activity is created by, actually doing shit... so you post some crap you KNOW people are going to love to shit on, sure you look like an idiot for doing so, but you got people talking. Sure, people shit on you, but you can just, not let it get to you and keep on doing it. Eventually they'll maybe realize what you're doing. Maybe they, too, will embrace the art of the shitpost. Or maybe you'll just get banned because some short-sighted fuck has no clue what actually works. That has happened, with predictable results.

You simply cannot take yourself seriously. You facilitate other people actually posting better crap than you could by shoving some cringe-worthy shit out there, people need some cringe, it's like, a vitamin or some shit. All that said, you folks actually rock, and  I don't want to see you fighting eachother. I don't care that some of you are horrible fuckwads, that's just your charm. Now, can we please show the OP the respect it deserves and not take our lame slap-fighting competition here? I like the spirit of the original post. You ate all the really bad folks, there's not a lot left to rage at.

EDIT: There's actually a really fun game on Steam, it's called, "Drunken Wrestlers 2", and it is just, terribad, hillariously bad. It's redeeming factor is that it relies on ragdoll physics and hilarious shit like randomly punching people so hard their torso falls off.

Fujikoma

I hate to say it, but I think Dok may be right... THIS time...

Fujikoma

Ok, so you quoted me, mad props that you do music, but I don't know where to look if you actually, decided to turn it into something... I guess I now have to listen to all your music.

Fujikoma

Also,  I think, I think I heard this track before, wtf.

Fujikoma

Actually I've left this on auto-play for like, ten minutes, and it shocked me that I was still listening to it, good tunes, solid, thanks.

zarathustrasbastardson

I could go on and on about hunny pie and Brexit, but sadly I have a life to attend to.  I really did think something I forgot to post, but thought better of it.  Sleep is important to me.  Sorry I couldn't be more forum :)

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on May 20, 2019, 05:28:45 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 18, 2019, 06:25:37 PM
Respondent is also having a bit of a laugh at all the suckers lining up to welcome her toxic ass back.  Humans are stupid and never learn.

It has been my observation that when long-term members of a forum return after an extended hiatus, to be widely welcomed back by other long-termers, they almost invariably don't stay long.  Once the first flush of nostalgia wears off, they discover that the reasons they originally left that forum are still in full effect.
chaos is truth
radiate better

Fujikoma

A true discordian would blah blah. Sory...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 28, 2019, 02:00:37 AM
I could go on and on about hunny pie and Brexit, but sadly I have a life to attend to.  I really did think something I forgot to post, but thought better of it.  Sleep is important to me.  Sorry I couldn't be more forum :)

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on May 20, 2019, 05:28:45 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 18, 2019, 06:25:37 PM
Respondent is also having a bit of a laugh at all the suckers lining up to welcome her toxic ass back.  Humans are stupid and never learn.

It has been my observation that when long-term members of a forum return after an extended hiatus, to be widely welcomed back by other long-termers, they almost invariably don't stay long.  Once the first flush of nostalgia wears off, they discover that the reasons they originally left that forum are still in full effect.

You said you were leaving, but you lied.
Molon Lube