News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

What Most Discorians Don't Understand About Discordia

Started by zarathustrasbastardson, May 24, 2019, 10:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Con-troll on May 27, 2019, 01:39:22 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on May 26, 2019, 03:04:55 PM
All numerological systems are useless and stupid.  Numbers have no inherent significance beyond the thing that is being counted.
Things that come in twos tend to interact very differently than the lone thing. There's gotta be patterns there.

Many things in reality exhibit interesting patterns that can be modelled with numbers, but this does not imbue the numbers themselves with any preternatural power of prediction or insight.

The five-fold symmetry of the apple blossom, for example, is very pretty, but this does not impart any meaning to the number five.  Did the original authors of the PD take "appleness" into account when they decided to declare the law of fives, instead of the law of sixes?  Who knows?  Who cares?

It matters just as little as the fact that Newton arbitrarily decided there were seven colours in the spectrum because he believed seven was somehow a perfect number, when there really wasn't a good reason to separate purple into indigo and violet.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

zarathustrasbastardson

Good skeptic!

5 is the third prime number.  The second other than 1.  1 is a profound number. 2+3=5. Also, 5 is the 6th number of the fibonacci sequence.  6-1 = 5.  These are really root numbers and the essence of the chaotic equation. Not to mention mathematical reality.  But I admit it really doesn't make any brass tacks sense.  That is exactly the point!

I guess that's my major point.. it's not really a big deal, it's a truth that needs to be accepted. We can only understand the chaos in such terms. There will almost always be an aspect of existence that won't sit right.. Numbers are a way to harness that constant flux to utilize our own mythology to understand the chaos moment to moment.  But it's not really about numbers.. it's about our moment to moment existence. It really is a message of acceptance and tolerance. (If you don't know the kallisti story, look it up.) It is a matter of accepting we are all in this together in this clusterfuck of humanity, the perils of the world and forming a way to interact with it.

Most people don't even get that far. So consider yourself ahead of the curve if you're reading this.

Hope you don't get too pissed! :fnord:

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on May 27, 2019, 02:37:24 AM
All numerological systems are useless and stupid.  Numbers have no inherent significance beyond the thing that is being counted.
Things that come in twos tend to interact very differently than the lone thing. There's gotta be patterns there.

Many things in reality exhibit interesting patterns that can be modelled with numbers, but this does not imbue the numbers themselves with any preternatural power of prediction or insight.

The five-fold symmetry of the apple blossom, for example, is very pretty, but this does not impart any meaning to the number five.  Did the original authors of the PD take "appleness" into account when they decided to declare the law of fives, instead of the law of sixes?  Who knows?  Who cares?

It matters just as little as the fact that Newton arbitrarily decided there were seven colours in the spectrum because he believed seven was somehow a perfect number, when there really wasn't a good reason to separate purple into indigo and violet.
chaos is truth
radiate better

zarathustrasbastardson

I really appreciate that bud.. and to all: please watch your step when walking onto a train in NYC after the bar.

[/quote]

:wink:
[/quote]
chaos is truth
radiate better

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 25, 2019, 07:32:25 PM
You guys are arguing with a schizophrenic person.

Take all the time you like.
Do you ever get tired of being right?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 27, 2019, 12:46:48 AM
This is why you piss me off, and I leave for a good long while.

But you keep coming back.   :kingmeh:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on May 27, 2019, 05:19:49 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 25, 2019, 07:32:25 PM
You guys are arguing with a schizophrenic person.

Take all the time you like.
Do you ever get tired of being right?

Every.  Day of.  My Life.
Molon Lube

zarathustrasbastardson

Look buds, don't blame me for your inadequacy.  At a certain point I will take a vacation from this forum again.  That is no big deal.  I have a life of my own to try to figure out the  best possible outcomes (but there are none because they all end in death). I don't necessarily, need to, or want to spend countless hours here. I have some more important tasks.  no big ting.. that I guess is it.  If you have anything helpful or intelligent to say: sure, include me.. otherwise revert to your irrelevant fun bag forum and argue amongst yourselves (or play with yourselves;).. sorry I was born, but more sorry about how insipid most of you are.
🤭
chaos is truth
radiate better

Doktor Howl

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on May 27, 2019, 05:44:54 AM
Look buds, don't blame me for your inadequacy.  At a certain point I will take a vacation from this forum again.  That is no big deal.  I have a life of my own to try to figure out the  best possible outcomes (but there are none because they all end in death). I don't necessarily, need to, or want to spend countless hours here. I have some more important tasks.  no big ting.. that I guess is it.  If you have anything helpful or intelligent to say: sure, include me.. otherwise revert to your irrelevant fun bag forum and argue amongst yourselves (or play with yourselves;).. sorry I was born, but more sorry about how insipid most of you are.
🤭

blah blah blah whatever. 

:tldr:
Molon Lube

Con-troll

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on May 27, 2019, 02:37:24 AM
Blah blah blah.
Blah blah blah blah.
Blah blah. Blah bla blablah. Blah.
I sort of diasagree.

All zeros are nothing.

All ones are lonely.

All twos pair up nicely, although they may divorce in a time.

All threes get unstable, for there's one lonely and one pair.

In four there's pair of pairs.

And five is just a stupid number and should be prohibited like everything beoynd that. Most things cannot even count further.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cramulus

Goddamn it, we missed another opportunity to be enlightened by the Master

This is all your fault. We could have changed our ways and impressed him, but nooo, we just had to be insipid.

The biggest disappointment is that he's so much cooler than us in every dimension - he doesn't have time to post here with asshats like us. Like the fonzie. Shows up, blows everybody's mind with the realm of philosophy, and mythology. Leaves. And we have to pay the bill!

Okay, back to the gross lotus position. Waiting for the next Master to come.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Con-troll on May 27, 2019, 11:43:07 AM
All zeros are nothing.
Zero elevation is the beach.
Zero pH is a strong acid.
The Zero Pastry is the Doughnut.

All ones are lonely.
One = lonely = on(e)ly, yes.
But a lone beehive is not lonely.

All twos pair up nicely, although they may divorce in a time.
Matter and antimatter are two, but when they pair together, they destroy each other.
I have two legs, but I hope they do not divorce each other.  It would be a shame if they went their separate ways.

All threes get unstable, for there's one lonely and one pair.
A tripod is stable, as long as the feet are far enough apart, and the center of gravity isn't too high.
A tricycle is stable.  Well, more stable than a bicycle.  Just don't take the corners too fast.

In four there's pair of pairs.
Bears have four legs; two pairs.
But which are the pairs?  Is it a left pair and a right pair, or a front pair and a back pair?
I'm too scared to ask.

And five is just a stupid number and should be prohibited like everything beoynd that. Most things cannot even count further.
That is true.

chaotic neutral observer

Con-troll

Quote from: Cramulus on May 27, 2019, 01:38:51 PM
Goddamn it, we missed another opportunity to be enlightened by the Master
I've heard that enlightenment makes you boring and ecologically unsustainable.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.