News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Really Real reality & Reality

Started by Pandemonium, April 25, 2020, 10:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandemonium

This general concept has been covered at length by everyone from the Ancient Greeks to the Buddhists and even the PD so I'll keep it short.

The purpose of this is to provide a common Rhetorical Framework to facilitate collaboration. For what purpose will be made clear soon (not here though. lel.).

This iteration of this concept is also known as "Big R Reality and small r reality".

Big R Reality consists of the "true essence" of all things.

small r reality consists of all the ideas about those things.

Example: "Ball." While I am describing an object that exists in Reality, it is only that, a description. it has general characteristics (sphere) and specific characteristic (rubber),
All of these are only ideas about this ball. "Ball" describes a ton of shit. "Rubber ball" as well. One cannot name the "True essence" of this specific rubber ball.
No, giving it a name does not count.

reality is infinite, and without constraint.

Reality is singular as there is only one "true essence" of whatever thing is being described in reality.

However, There is one true essence of Reality you can name in reality:

Individuals who are excessively pedantic about this concept without purpose are fucking assholes.

Having said that any critiques, ideas, alternative solutions, complaints and/or ridicule are, as always, welcome and encouraged.

Picture this any time you think of me xoxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta8GWrxUX34

Even though I'm business casual.

Nobody got shit on my normie skin.

Pandemonium

This was way too dependent to post as it's own thread, although I should do that, since it'd be even more confusing.

At it's simplest, You either believe something is,or you believe that something is not. This dichotomy is how existence is differentiated from itself. You can of course do neither, which may even be the "middle path" towards 'enlightenment'. but I'm pretty sure at some point you've gotta die get it.

But we're not here to navel gaze on "enlightenment".

-----------

To believe is to root oneself into a specific reality-idea-about-Reality.

reality follows Reality. But there seems to be some sort of 'mechanism' where... well we're not really sure, maybe an instance of reality 'propagates' itself in a manner we cannot perceive? Maybe it leaves an impression that is picked up when another idea-about-Reality is made?

These are coincidences, synchronicities, deja vus.

What's the point of this Rhetorical framework? What the fuck is this borderline nonsensical shit this new guy keeps yammering on and on about?

Terrible questions, you should be instead asking Where's the fun at?

Well here it comes

'Meme Magic'

Stay tuned. Or don't.

I'm just as confused as you are

Picture this any time you think of me xoxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta8GWrxUX34

Even though I'm business casual.

Nobody got shit on my normie skin.

Cramulus

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

This is just another one of my alts.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

rong

some point out that, since you, yourself exist within reality, then so do your thoughts.

the implication is that your little-r "ideas about reality" are also big-R "true essence reality" simply by virtue of existing not-outside reality.

that is, just because it happens inside your skull, doesn't mean it's not "real"
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Dildo Argentino

Staying tuned.

RD Laing's The Facts of Life is a pretty good demonstration of how far this kind of thinking is willing to go.

Meme Magic, you say?
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dildo Argentino on April 26, 2020, 12:54:04 PM
Staying tuned.

RD Laing's The Facts of Life is a pretty good demonstration of how far this kind of thinking is willing to go.

Meme Magic, you say?

Fuck RD Laing.

KD Lang is where it's at.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Pandemonium on April 25, 2020, 10:12:01 AM
This general concept has been covered at length by everyone from the Ancient Greeks to the Buddhists and even the PD so I'll keep it short.

The purpose of this is to provide a common Rhetorical Framework to facilitate collaboration. For what purpose will be made clear soon (not here though. lel.).

This iteration of this concept is also known as "Big R Reality and small r reality".

Big R Reality consists of the "true essence" of all things.

small r reality consists of all the ideas about those things.

Example: "Ball." While I am describing an object that exists in Reality, it is only that, a description. it has general characteristics (sphere) and specific characteristic (rubber),
All of these are only ideas about this ball. "Ball" describes a ton of shit. "Rubber ball" as well. One cannot name the "True essence" of this specific rubber ball.
No, giving it a name does not count.

reality is infinite, and without constraint.

Reality is singular as there is only one "true essence" of whatever thing is being described in reality.

However, There is one true essence of Reality you can name in reality:

Individuals who are excessively pedantic about this concept without purpose are fucking assholes.

Having said that any critiques, ideas, alternative solutions, complaints and/or ridicule are, as always, welcome and encouraged.