News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

DRUGS

Started by Norman, July 02, 2019, 05:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman

Modest Proposal: Drugs are a tool of The Machine, and ergo, Rich White Guys in Suits(tm), to scam money from the poor.

Convince me that I'm wrong.

Faust

Kind of hard to argue with that when the opioid epidemic is being directly fueled by the medical industry and taxed by the gov.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Johnny

Depending on what definition of "drugs" you utilize, your argument can be strong or situated in wackjob territory.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

Norman

Quote from: Faust on July 02, 2019, 12:29:42 PM
Kind of hard to argue with that when the opioid epidemic is being directly fueled by the medical industry and taxed by the gov.

Right?

Norman

Quote from: The Johnny on July 02, 2019, 12:52:36 PM

Depending on what definition of "drugs" you utilize, your argument can be strong or situated in wackjob territory.

Whatever definition you want. The power balance is the rich get richer while the poor get poorer.

The Johnny

Quote from: Norman on July 02, 2019, 01:24:05 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on July 02, 2019, 12:52:36 PM

Whatever definition you want. The power balance is the rich get richer while the poor get poorer.

Ok, so surgery anesthesia, heart medication, anti-psychotics and anti-biotics = BAD?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

TastyCle

Drugs are good. I believe every molecule has the right to exist. If someone can trick you to OD on potatoes without suffering major consequenses  for taking too much immorality you MAY have deserved it.
Very painful to get rid of, why even bother.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: TastyCle on July 02, 2019, 06:34:55 PM
I believe every molecule has the right to exist.

(RS)-Propan-2-yl methylphosphonofluoridate.

Sarin.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

TastyCle

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 02, 2019, 07:22:03 PM
Sarin.
Even prions have NOAEL, our biology is just noninclusive.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: TastyCle on July 02, 2019, 08:30:49 PM
Sarin.
Sarin is a synthetic molecule, which is used in chemical warfare.  It does not appear to occur in nature, nor does it appear to have any use other than killing people horribly.

Do you believe that this molecule, Sarin, has a right to exist?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 02, 2019, 08:56:31 PM
Sarin.
Sarin is a synthetic molecule, which is used in chemical warfare.  It does not appear to occur in nature, nor does it appear to have any use other than killing people horribly.

It's just gunpowder that people get squeamish about.
Molon Lube

TastyCle

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 02, 2019, 08:56:31 PM
Sarin.

Well at least Sarin knows what they want to do when they grow up.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: TastyCle on July 03, 2019, 03:27:03 AM
Well at least Sarin knows what they want to do when they grow up.
:kingmeh:
Well, that was lame.  By being noncommittal, you've left me with reason to believe that you condone the production of chemical weapons.

There were at least five different responses you could have gone with:

1.  Admitting your statement that "every molecule has the right to exist" may have not been entirely correct.
2.  Declaring that sarin does, in fact, have a right to exist, and that it is our moral obligation to produce it.
3.  Accusing me of taking your sentence out of context, and then restating your post in a form that wasn't easily dismissed.  I'd be annoyed by this one, but I likely wouldn't belabor the point.
4.  Replying with something off-topic, funny, clever, and/or outrageously stupid.

TastyCle

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 03, 2019, 04:37:51 AM
:kingmeh:
Why would I want to fit into your frame of valid answers? I bet you have already built heurestics to counter each of the 4 options you presented. That discussion would've been terminally boring, as we've both wandered down that path.

Anyways, what makes Sarin dangerous is that they are kept locked in containers and they become angry and never evolve into less harmful substances. Saying Sarin is bad is like saying strong interaction is bad because it can kill people.

I'm not sure what you are arguing, but you are wrong and you smell.