News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

DRUGS

Started by Norman, July 02, 2019, 05:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: TastyCle on July 03, 2019, 09:10:58 AM
Why would I want to fit into your frame of valid answers?
Why wouldn't you want to condemn chemical warfare?

I bet you have already built heurestics to counter each of the 4 options you presented.
Three of those response patterns would have ended this exchange.  One of them still can.

Anyways, what makes Sarin dangerous is that they are kept locked in containers and they become angry and never evolve into less harmful substances
I guess you were trying to be funny?  But Sarin has a short shelf life, and breaks down fairly quickly.

Saying Sarin is bad is like saying strong interaction is bad because it can kill people.
That's false equivalence.  Water can be used to torture and kill, but it would be ridiculous to claim that makes it evil.  Sarin can only be used to maim and kill.

I'm not sure what you are arguing, but you are wrong and you smell.

I thought I was being kinda transparent, but I'll break it down.  Here are my claims:

Chemical weapons (of the lethal type) are brutal, horrific, inhumane.  (Let's not pretend we're talking about pepper spray and tear gas in this context.  Not that I'm a fan of those, either...)
Only the most horrible monster would believe that chemical weapons should exist.
Sarin's only raison d'etre is as a chemical weapon.
Sarin is a molecular compound.
Sarin only exists if someone synthesizes it.
The unqualified statement that all molecules have a right to exist is equivalent to claiming that Sarin should be synthesized.
You have claimed all molecules have a right to exist.
Therefore, you have claimed we should manufacture Sarin.
Therefore, you are a proponent of chemical weapons.
Therefore, you, personally are a horrible monster.

(A few of us around here are horrible monsters, but at least we're intellectually honest about it.)
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

What a surprise, RWHN starting another drug thread.

Because he's not a tedious fanatic or anything, oh no.

altered

Remind me I really owe you a big fuck-off post about the ethics of chemical weapons and the arguments you're using later, CNO. Don't want to get between a monster and their meal, but once he's starting to smell, I want to refine your weapons some. Spoiler: This is a shoddy line of argument and you can do better.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

TastyCle

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 03, 2019, 02:26:06 PM
1.Chemical weapons (of the lethal type) are brutal, horrific, inhumane.  (Let's not pretend we're talking about pepper spray and tear gas in this context.  Not that I'm a fan of those, either...)
2. Only the most horrible monster would believe that chemical weapons should exist.
3. Sarin's only raison d'etre is as a chemical weapon.
4. Sarin is a molecular compound.
5. Sarin only exists if someone synthesizes it.
6. The unqualified statement that all molecules have a right to exist is equivalent to claiming that Sarin should be synthesized.
7. You have claimed all molecules have a right to exist.
8.Therefore, you have claimed we should manufacture Sarin.
9. Therefore, you are a proponent of chemical weapons.
10. Therefore, you, personally are a horrible monster.
1. Yep. Imagine if they weren't.
2. I'm not sure about that superlative buddy :lulz: Are you really gonna award me the title of evil overlord for just wandering into morally questionable side of the argument?
3. I'm not gonna google your fancy terms.
4. Really? For me sarin is a fluffy little creature that goes around eating peoples toenails.
5. And stops existing the second someone stops synthetizing it?
6. No, I didn't say sarin has a right to begin it's existence.
7. Stems from the idea that everything has a right to exist. Imagine if it didnt.
8. If sarin cannot manufacture itself that's its own choice. We gave it a chance tho.
9. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with sarin is a good guy with sarin.
10. You either keep mistaking stupidity to malice or you really want to make me question my morality. Or something entirely different.

If ya wanna take this off the streets, I have a comfy cellar. PM me for the address.
Very painful to get rid of, why even bother.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on July 03, 2019, 04:45:30 PM

Oh, crap, all of the RWHN WOMPS are on one of my old hard drives and I can't access them.
I suppose I can go to the old "&DRUGZ&DRUGZ&DRUGZ" thread and replace them, though.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Rules say we boot him again, but I'm not sure I can be arsed.  It's 43C out there.

Thoughts to my PM box, please. 
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on July 03, 2019, 06:34:25 PM
Remind me I really owe you a big fuck-off post about the ethics of chemical weapons and the arguments you're using later, CNO. Don't want to get between a monster and their meal, but once he's starting to smell, I want to refine your weapons some. Spoiler: This is a shoddy line of argument and you can do better.
You have piqued my curiosity.  I shall report to the re-education cube.

(I am aware the quality of my thinking is down lately.  Too much sleep deprivation, I guess.)

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: TastyCle on July 03, 2019, 09:30:07 PM
2. I'm not sure about that superlative buddy :lulz: Are you really gonna award me the title of evil overlord for just wandering into morally questionable side of the argument?
Not every Nazi was Hitler.  There is a wide spectrum of "horrible monster" between "evil overlord" and "garbage wrapped in skin."

"raison d'etre" = "reason for existence".

Do you know what "sophistry" is, or do I have to define that for you, too?

7. Stems from the idea that everything has a right to exist. Imagine if it didnt.
Rights are a social construct, not a physical one.  A pebble on the road has neither rights or obligations.  If I say that I think humans have the right to free speech, then I necessarily endorse free speech.  If you say chemical weapons have a right to exist, then you endorse their existence.

8. If sarin cannot manufacture itself that's its own choice. We gave it a chance tho.
What kind of amoral psychopath would give sarin a chance to exist?

There are no good guys with sarin.

10. You either keep mistaking stupidity to malice or you really want to make me question my morality. Or something entirely different.
So which is it?  Are you stupid, or malicious? ...nah, I'm just kidding.  I already know.

If ya wanna take this off the streets, I have a comfy cellar. PM me for the address.
...wait...am I talking to a teenage boy?  Eww.

The Johnny

Wait, thats actually RWHN  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

altered

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 04, 2019, 01:19:54 AM
Quote from: nullified on July 03, 2019, 06:34:25 PM
You have piqued my curiosity.  I shall report to the re-education cube.

(I am aware the quality of my thinking is down lately.  Too much sleep deprivation, I guess.)

Oh, don't worry about the cube. I broke it earlier anyhow. Besides that, I want to wait until you've had your fun. This fellow can't even see the great gaping gaps in your argument, I don't see the point in spoiling the answers for them.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 04, 2019, 12:49:05 AM

Rules say we boot him again, but I'm not sure I can be arsed.  It's 43C out there.

Thoughts to my PM box, please.

I'm pretty sure there's a picture that's compulsory to post now. You know the one.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

LOOK AT THESE FUCKING LEMURS ALL FUCKED UP FALLING OUT OF TREES AND SHIT. IT COULD BE YOUR CHILDREN UP THERE EATING MILLIPEDES.
- RWHN YOU BETTER GO GIVE THEM SOME PAMPHLETS.

https://youtu.be/yYXoCHLqr4o
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

TastyCle

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 04, 2019, 01:28:49 AM
Quote from: TastyCle on July 03, 2019, 09:30:07 PM
Not every Nazi was Hitler.  There is a wide spectrum of "the most horrible monster" between "evil overlord" and "garbage wrapped in skin."

"raison d'etre" = "reason for existence" and you didn't want to use the understandable form of the term because..?

Do you know what "sophistry" is, or do I have to define that for you, too? This is the reason intellectuals cannot reach people.

Rights are a social construct, not a physical one.  A pebble on the road has neither rights or obligations.  If I say that I think humans have the right to free speech, then I necessarily endorse free speech.  If you say chemical weapons have a right to exist, then you endorse their existence. Social rights follow social laws, physical rights follow physical ones. I was antropomorphizing all the way. I even kept referring Sarin as they.

What kind of amoral psychopath would give sarin a chance to exist? They wanted to end the war quick to minimize the losses.

There are no good guys with sarin, because it is already illegal for mortals.

So which is it?  Are you stupid, or malicious? ...nah, I'm just kidding.  I already know. I may be braindead, but my nose still works. You stink.

...wait...am I talking to a teenage boy?  Eww. I have handcuffs and shit.

You also forgot the 1.. I was especially proud of that one.

TastyCle

P.S. you are claiming that bad things don't have right to exist when all the evidence points the other way.

The Johnny

Do we collectively have the energy to get to 100 pages? I'd be surprised if we get to 10 pages...

Maybe the real question is how batshit insane RWHN still is, since those sort of threads were about 50% his own personal contribution and the other 50% everyone chipping in.

Like, the Nigel thread was like 3 pages? We're getting old  :sad:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner