News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

For Which We Are Grateful !!

Started by shinavn, July 08, 2019, 04:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinavn

It's a rough old world out there, and it's often easy to forget that things could very obviously be worse.  So I thought I'd mention a few things that we can all be grateful for.

You're not in Syria, dodging bullets (so far), but instead watching the faces of your children grow gaunt with hunger.  You're not living under a bridge, though you may have come close enough to see that once or twice.  You didn't die from lack of - or incompetent - medical care, though maybe someone you know has...But not you.  You aren't laying in a broken, bleeding heap, watching Nazis torment your children in the yard of what used to be your house.  You're not in the cancer ward, watching the nurses pretend you're a thing and not a person, because Jesus, how they do come and go.

All of these things did and do happen to people, but not us.  Not because we are right or strong or in the special favor of a deity, but because we are lucky.

Shina

Doktor Howl

Quote from: shinavn on July 08, 2019, 04:44:39 AM
It's a rough old world out there, and it's often easy to forget that things could very obviously be worse.  So I thought I'd mention a few things that we can all be grateful for.

You're not in Syria, dodging bullets (so far), but instead watching the faces of your children grow gaunt with hunger.  You're not living under a bridge, though you may have come close enough to see that once or twice.  You didn't die from lack of - or incompetent - medical care, though maybe someone you know has...But not you.  You aren't laying in a broken, bleeding heap, watching Nazis torment your children in the yard of what used to be your house.  You're not in the cancer ward, watching the nurses pretend you're a thing and not a person, because Jesus, how they do come and go.

All of these things did and do happen to people, but not us.  Not because we are right or strong or in the special favor of a deity, but because we are lucky.

Shina

So some bot is lifting my posts?

Cancelled.
Molon Lube