News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Pelosi vs AOC feud

Started by Norman, July 12, 2019, 01:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman

Who y'all got? 

My money is on Nancy!

She don't fuck around nor suffer any whippersnappers!

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Norman

Okay, I'm actually serious.  What is everyone's take on this feud that seems to be brewing between the liberal wing and blue dog wing?  Will this be the Dems, yet again, shooting themselves in the foot in a Presidential election?  I think yes. 

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm running for local office and somehow YOU'RE the boring one.

Norman

Really?  Cool!  What are you running for? 

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 12, 2019, 02:18:51 AM
I'm running for local office and somehow YOU'RE the boring one.
His capacity to induce boredom cannot be natural.  He must have cultivated it, at great length and with much effort.
I'd study it, but it's too boring.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

That Pelosi has the party base, whereas they do not and so with the very possible exception of AoC (who can use her national profile and twitter presence as a kind of soft power counter) they're all screwed.

But no surprises there. Pelosi is a hippie-puncher by nature and inclination.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on July 12, 2019, 08:56:31 AM
That Pelosi has the party base, whereas they do not and so with the very possible exception of AoC (who can use her national profile and twitter presence as a kind of soft power counter) they're all screwed.

But no surprises there. Pelosi is a hippie-puncher by nature and inclination.

Pelosi needs to go as much as McConnell.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

No argument from me on that. Schumer too.

LMNO

I read something that suggested it was a generational thing.  The old Dems remember when things were really progressing in the 70s, and when Reagan came in and demolished the party for decades, they saw it as pushback for "going too far to the left," and have spent the rest of their careers making sure that doesn't happen again... with the result that the GOP could do whatever the hell it wanted, and the Dems "tried to remain civil in the center".

The newer Dems have lived their entire lives seeing the GOP as tyrannical assholes while the Democrats cower in fear and making endless concessions to cruelty.  They have never known civility in federal politics, and now they're all, "fuck that".

Nephew Twiddleton

Yep. It's a bit mindboggling how out of touch establishment Dems are.

Norman

At the same time, Congress is a numbers game. Which I think, like her or don't like her, is ultimately where Pelosi is coming from.  The Dems in the House can do shit if they are in the minority. With a majority, they may not be able to do what the liberal wing of the party wants done, but they can do more than zero. 

I think that is where the rub is.  Pelosi and establishment want to move the ball to see if they can smash their way to a first down, AOC et al want to get a touch down on first possession. 

Of course the reality is with an R Senate and White House, it's not like there's too much the D's can accomplish, but whatever possibilities there might be, it certainly isn't going to be with a red-meat liberal initiative. 

altered

RWHN: with all due respect, you have lost your fucking mind.

The neoliberal half of the Dem Party has no spine and kowtows to the merest whim of people who would gun them down in public if they thought they could get away with it, all so they can look like the good guys and appeal to the centrists. "I want to get something done!" They scream, while ignoring that the only things they'll be allowed to do is continuing the inexorable painting of a swastika on the American Flag.

Newsflash, fuckface, Pelosi's geriatric, weak-sister groupies aren't going to get shit done either. The pushback is too strong and the opposition is playing the pigeon strategy. Schumer isn't going to throw the fuck down over basic human rights considering WE HAVE CHILDREN BEING SENT TO DIE IN CAGES and he has the skeletal strength of a deep sea fish after soaking in a vat of hydrazine for a fucking decade, STILL. What's he going to do when it turns to black people, or LGBT groups? "But that's illegal, mister supreme leader!"

If we don't get some steel-boned motherfuckers up there we'll continue to watch our "left wing" make weak gestures of opposition and mumbling statements of gratitude to goosestepping fascists until the day the camps open for political opposition.

Tiptoeing toward a better future doesn't work when you're faced with people who have no empathy, big boots, and a gun in hand. You fucking sprint for it and hope you make it to cover before you get a hole blown out of you. Same goddamn principle here.

Pay the fuck attention to what's going on. You don't placate a fucking genocidal sociopath! You don't make incremental moves when you're on a treadmill set to high speed, either. Pelosi doesn't have the goddamn RABIES necessary to make the right decisions here and if you can't see that, I have no fucking clue what the hell you learned from your time in these parts.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Norman on July 12, 2019, 05:17:26 PM
At the same time, Congress is a numbers game. Which I think, like her or don't like her, is ultimately where Pelosi is coming from.  The Dems in the House can do shit if they are in the minority. With a majority, they may not be able to do what the liberal wing of the party wants done, but they can do more than zero. 

I think that is where the rub is.  Pelosi and establishment want to move the ball to see if they can smash their way to a first down, AOC et al want to get a touch down on first possession. 

Of course the reality is with an R Senate and White House, it's not like there's too much the D's can accomplish, but whatever possibilities there might be, it certainly isn't going to be with a red-meat liberal initiative.

So in other words, we have to accept a moderate centrist agenda to achieve the agenda we need a buck short and a day late.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: nullified on July 12, 2019, 06:07:50 PM
RWHN: with all due respect, you have lost your fucking mind.

The neoliberal half of the Dem Party has no spine and kowtows to the merest whim of people who would gun them down in public if they thought they could get away with it, all so they can look like the good guys and appeal to the centrists. "I want to get something done!" They scream, while ignoring that the only things they'll be allowed to do is continuing the inexorable painting of a swastika on the American Flag.

Newsflash, fuckface, Pelosi's geriatric, weak-sister groupies aren't going to get shit done either. The pushback is too strong and the opposition is playing the pigeon strategy. Schumer isn't going to throw the fuck down over basic human rights considering WE HAVE CHILDREN BEING SENT TO DIE IN CAGES and he has the skeletal strength of a deep sea fish after soaking in a vat of hydrazine for a fucking decade, STILL. What's he going to do when it turns to black people, or LGBT groups? "But that's illegal, mister supreme leader!"

If we don't get some steel-boned motherfuckers up there we'll continue to watch our "left wing" make weak gestures of opposition and mumbling statements of gratitude to goosestepping fascists until the day the camps open for political opposition.

Tiptoeing toward a better future doesn't work when you're faced with people who have no empathy, big boots, and a gun in hand. You fucking sprint for it and hope you make it to cover before you get a hole blown out of you. Same goddamn principle here.

Pay the fuck attention to what's going on. You don't placate a fucking genocidal sociopath! You don't make incremental moves when you're on a treadmill set to high speed, either. Pelosi doesn't have the goddamn RABIES necessary to make the right decisions here and if you can't see that, I have no fucking clue what the hell you learned from your time in these parts.

This, plus the fact that we're pretty much out of time for action on not having human civilization collapse due to climate change