PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Pelosi vs AOC feud

Started by Norman, July 12, 2019, 01:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Juana

Quote from: LMNO on July 15, 2019, 02:04:43 PM
You're acting like Trump is the cause, and not the symptom.

If, somehow, a Centrist Dem boots Trump, you think the GOP is gonna say, "ok, your turn"?

No, they'll go on a vicious attack, and the Centrist will compromise, which is another way of saying, "well, I guess some genocide is all right."
Evidence:

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

That feud was dangerous, but the Mango Mussolini couldn't keep his fat mouth shut, so maybe all better now.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Norman on July 14, 2019, 03:22:54 AM
No, not at all. I'm saying put aside litmus tests, get the orange buffoon out of office. If he gets another 4 years, shit's gonna get worse.

If, somehow, a Centrist Dem boots Trump, you think the GOP is gonna say, "ok, your turn"?

No, they'll go on a vicious attack, and the Centrist will compromise, which is another way of saying, "well, I guess some genocide is all right."

A Leftist president will fight like hell and give it right back to them.

Well, yes.  The root cause of failure here is "Americans".
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 16, 2019, 03:57:41 AM
Quote from: Norman on July 14, 2019, 03:22:54 AM
No, not at all. I'm saying put aside litmus tests, get the orange buffoon out of office. If he gets another 4 years, shit's gonna get worse.

A Leftist president will fight like hell and give it right back to them.

Well, yes.  The root cause of failure here is "Americans".

That does seem to be the common theme
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Bruno

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 13, 2019, 08:42:31 AM
Even if I found the need to have a gun, I wouldn't be enthusiastic about it. I'd be bummed out that I lived in a shitty society that necessitated having a gun.

That's where I'm at, except at this point I'm about one mediocre used car deep into spending money on guns... because white people are scary, and that's coming from a white person.

I mean, I think they're kinda neat for farting around in the backyard, and if it weren't for the scary white people factor I might have a 22 pistol for shooting soda cans for shits and giggles, but as things are now, I worry that I may need to arm some people if shit gets really weird, and so now I have a collection of assault weapons which I bought with money that  I would have otherwise preferred to have spent on student loans, or my retirement funds or something, but I live in a shitty society that seems to necessitate me being able to pass out guns like candy when the scary white people I'm surrounded by decide to finally carry out their unceasing threats to "take their country back".

All the while I realize that there is nothing the gun industry would like more than an arms race between the right and left in this country, and I am in all likelihood totally falling for their schemes.
Formerly something else...

Cain

The thing is, the Democrats might be against the wall and the kiddie concentration camps, but they have bought wholesale into the "we must militarize the border" dynamic that has existed since 9/11.

Of course, 9/11 was an intelligence failure, not a border control one (Mohammed Atta aside...he should have been flagged for sharing a name with a Palestinian terrorist) and none of the terrorist attacks since then have had anything to do with border control in any significant fashion, but the Democrats believe if they show they are tough on border security, Republican voters who think Pelosi is a Communist sleeper agent in the US to install sharia law, will find the party more appealing. As you can see, this strategy is working out great (you'll note Republicans never need to "appeal to moderates", even while the President is tweeting white supremacist propaganda and trying to get a Congressman assassinated by proxy).

So of course they voted against AoC's measures, because it would more broadly limit their ability to militarize the border.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 16, 2019, 12:28:04 PM
The thing is, the Democrats might be against the wall and the kiddie concentration camps, but they have bought wholesale into the "we must militarize the border" dynamic that has existed since 9/11.

Well, there are no contracts to be awarded by saying "there isn't actually a problem".

Also, the dem insistence on compromising with evil.
Molon Lube

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS