News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Am I Still a Discordian?

Started by Norman, July 05, 2019, 02:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman

"most of your adult life"

I've only been involved in drug policy advocacy since 2013, and I pretty much pulled out of that work last year.  Since 2015 I've been in a different job than I was when I was last here.  So even if what you said was true about my role (which of course it isn't), it's actually been a rather small portion of my entire, working adult life. 

And even then, I ran a campaign, I lost, but it was only in my state, which was already decriminalized...

So yeah...no. 

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 08, 2019, 04:58:11 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on July 05, 2019, 03:56:03 PM
Quote from: Norman on July 05, 2019, 02:47:12 PM
So, I guess now, my Discordianism is more about self-preservation than trying to address The Machine and The System. 
I just want to make it out alive with a smile on my face!

Hasn't Discordia always been just a way to save face towards yourself, to pretend you've been something more than a shill for the War on Drugs? It doesn't seem you've ever been worried about "the machine" nor "the system", and youve always been an opportunistic slime bag, a dog dancing to get his bacon.

If im recalling things wrongly, everyone and anyone feel free to correct me, for I really envy Roger's vindictive memory that burns like a thousand suns, and personally lack that capacity.

He started out okay...But then he got bit by the funding bug a few years later and started babbling about how marijuana leads to krokodil (this is an exaggeration, but not by much) and how throwing a 19 year old into prison for 26 years for a quarter pound of ditch weed was justifiable.

He basically became his job.  That happens to lots of people.  I have heard it referred to as "salesman's disease" or "Cutco casualty."  AKA "company man."

Its very sad indeed, when a person gets an ideological brain parasite lodged into their brain just cause they wanted to earn a buck or two; its even sadder when the host starts defending the parasite.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

altered

To be fair to RWHN here, most anti-parasitic treatments are fucking awful. Get dewormed and then tell me you wouldn't put up a fight next time.

He's just gotten a whole dose of the old Stockholm over it is all.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.