Principia Discordia > Apple Talk

The Precipice

<< < (3/3)

altered:
Yes. I have advice even, though itís not necessarily useful advice (thatís part luck and part your personal ability). Figure out what part of each you like and smash them together.

In your case, youíll certainly need to rewrite the last bit, but I think you can absolutely combine the two options there. Don Quixote with real bad guys, almost. Use the fighting as a metaphor for the internal struggles of the main character. All sorts of directions to go from there.

Thatís just one option, probably the most obvious one, too. I think you can figure out a few others yourself if you give it a minute, though.

Doktor Howl:

--- Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 21, 2019, 08:07:05 pm ---I've run into a Crossroads creatively and it's bogging me down. Not sure if I want to continue on and do an action adventure story, red line that last scene and continue to do a sort of dreamy dialogue between an "angel " and a possibly schizophrenic suicidal depressive.

Any of you guys ever have this happen where you got two very different story arc stuck in your head?

--- End quote ---

You ever read Little Orange?   :lulz:

It's a constant hazard.

The Wizard Joseph:

--- Quote from: nullified on July 21, 2019, 10:19:23 pm ---Yes. I have advice even, though itís not necessarily useful advice (thatís part luck and part your personal ability). Figure out what part of each you like and smash them together.

In your case, youíll certainly need to rewrite the last bit, but I think you can absolutely combine the two options there. Don Quixote with real bad guys, almost. Use the fighting as a metaphor for the internal struggles of the main character. All sorts of directions to go from there.

Thatís just one option, probably the most obvious one, too. I think you can figure out a few others yourself if you give it a minute, though.

--- End quote ---

I think I'm going to bullheadedly continue on from where I left off. It's my first action scene to page and I've already got about half of it written up. I might as well finish what I started and see where it goes from there. I can probably still incorporate some of the other scenes in my head. Guess we'll find out!

The Wizard Joseph:

--- Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2019, 04:23:32 am ---
--- Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 21, 2019, 08:07:05 pm ---I've run into a Crossroads creatively and it's bogging me down. Not sure if I want to continue on and do an action adventure story, red line that last scene and continue to do a sort of dreamy dialogue between an "angel " and a possibly schizophrenic suicidal depressive.

Any of you guys ever have this happen where you got two very different story arc stuck in your head?

--- End quote ---

You ever read Little Orange?   :lulz:

It's a constant hazard.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I read Little Orange. My memory is kind of crappy but I remember enjoying it immensely! It had a wonderfully weird Pan's Labyrinth kind of feel to it.

So you went through something similar huh? Guess that's just the curse of the writer, eventually you have to commit to just one idea but the mind doesn't really work that way. I see so many potentialities. Like I said above I'm going to just bull-headedly move through where I put myself and do a little action sequence. Melvin will just have to deal with what seems like horrid reality, but his mind will still be in a state of Rebellion against it.

The Wizard Joseph:
The tallest of the gang bangers chuckled evilly. "Go on tell him all about it. Looks like we've got some kind of expert angel on our hands boys." The gang bangers all laughed maliciously.

Niliel walked forward until he was several paces in front of Melvin. As he did to Melvin's shock three pairs of wings with the color and sheen of polished lead sprouted from his back, rending the back of his shirt. He reached out into thin air with his left hand as if grasping for something, and in it appeared a katana like sword with an ivory handle and sheath.

In turn each of the gang bangers began to morph and distort.

One's jaw distended into a gaping maw filled with very sharp looking needle-like teeth.

Another sprouted a huge scorpion's tail from his back.

The third reached out with his right hand exactly as Niliel had and produced a wicked and ancient-looking long knife.

The fourth growled as his voice became lower and more deeply resonant. He sprouted huge ram like horns from his head, and his fingers elongated into massive talons the length of short swords.

Niliel seemed entirely unfazed by this, but Melvin was in a state of shock and couldn't peel his eyes away from the scene unfolding in front of him, much less move. Niliel widened his stance considerably and crouched low with his left hand on the katana's Scabbard and his right on its handle. His wings were folded neatly behind him along his back.

He said, "Let us pass. I am giving you this one warning." in a calm matter-of-fact voice.

The largest demon snorted derisively. "Or what feathers? You gonna poke at us with your little sword?" All of the other demons made nasty snickering noises at this.

Niliel didn't move in the slightest, maintaining his stance perfectly. In the same calm voice he said,"Yes. I am Niliel, an Angel of Death, and I will destroy all of you."

"Yeah well I'm Drizbalek, demon of go fuck yourself. Tear him up boys!!"

The three shorter demons advanced quickly, as though to rush Niliel all at once. Niliel remained perfectly motionless until the very moment they were within reach. In an instant movement too fast for Melvin's eyes to track the angel drew his sword and struck off the head of the demon with the large mouth.

Before the severed head hit the ground the demon with the scorpion tail lashed it out at Niliel. Niliel parried with the edge of a blade that was so black it looked more like a hole in the world than a solid object. The demon howled in pain only to have its cries cut short as Niliel brought the blade around and neatly severed his head as well.

The demon with the blade rushed forward attempting to stab Niliel. Niliel's left set of wings snapped outwards, catching the demon at the wrist, as Niliel neatly sidestepped his torso out of the way. The demon was thrown completely off balance. In two lightning fast motions the angel neatly severed his arm at the elbow joint and brought the blade around severing the bent over demon's head. 

There was blood everywhere. Niliel looked like a horrible phantom wearing red and white. Drizbalek emitted a roar like an angry lion and stalked around Niliel. The angel was still stone calm and turned to keep the demon in front of him. Drizbalek finally charged and the fight was on in earnest. Melvin had the presence of mind to get the hell out of the way and moved to his left as fast as he could and put his back to the wall of the alleyway.

Both demon and angel were moving at extraordinary speed, attacking, feinting, and parrying. Drizbalek was both skillful and brutal, neatly planing Niliel's blade out of the way rather than attempting to parry head on. Niliel fought with both scabbard and sword, but the demon managed to force an opening and butted Niliel, ramming his head against the angel's chest. This sent him flying backwards into the far wall opposite Melvin, and he dropped to the ground.

Drizbalek howled in savage joy and stalked forward to make his kill. Something in Melvin snapped. Without thinking he reached over and snatched up the fallen demon's blade. "HEY ASS NUGGET!!", he shouted. The demon totally ignored him presenting Melvin a nice, wide target.

Melvin threw the blade as hard as he could and it whirled through the air burying itself deep into the meaty part of Drizbalek's back, right near where the kidney should be. The demon roared in agony and turned about towards Melvin. "YOU WRETCHED LITTLE CHIMP!!"

Less than half a second later Niliel had pushed himself off of the wall and up onto his feet. He closed the distance at impossible speed and brought his blade between Drizbalek's legs.

"Oh shit.", said the demon, realizing too late his error. Niliel flapped all six of his wings downward while simultaneously bringing the blade up. This split Drezbalek from his groin to the top of his head. The two halves quickly separated in a shower of gore. Melvin was absolutely covered in it, as was Niliel.

"You're fucked now bitches!", came a voice from the far end of the alley. "Holy balls!" shouted Melvin as he hit the deck and put his hands over his head. Niliel began to walk casually towards the two remaining gang bangers at the end of the alley, like he didn't have a care in the world.

BAADADA!

BADADA!

BADADA!

The submachine gun unleashed several neat three-round bursts down the alley. He was clearly taking his time and aiming, but it didn't seem as if a single bullet struck Niliel. At the far end of the alley could be heard, "FUCK IT!!"

BADADADADADADADADADADADAM!! Click click click.

Melvin was screaming but he couldn't hear himself over the incredibly loud sound of the machine gun and the ricochets. When it stopped he looked up. Niliel had closed about two-thirds of the distance between him and them, still walking as casually as can be with his sword and scabbard out to either side of him and his six leaden wings spread open wide nearly filling the entire alleyway.

The gang bangers looked at each other for half a second and ran off in opposite directions. Niliel did not give chase, but rather neatly folded his wings behind his back, and they disappeared. The angel smoothly replaced his sword in its scabbard, turned around, and began walking towards Melvin.

Melvin just stayed on the ground, watching him approach. He was breathing heavily but amazingly was not hyperventilating. He just laid there watching Niliel approach. Soon the angel was standing over him with a smile on his face that was not at all reassuring. Melvin could see what looked like bullet holes in the front of his shirt, but couldn't see any wounds. Everything was kind of covered in glory red though, so he wasn't entirely certain.

"Well that was an adventure but rather messy.. Here let me clean all of this up."

Niliel spread his arms wide, and a strange tingling sensation enveloped Melvin. He saw the corpses fade away as though turning into ash, as did the blood. After a few seconds there wasn't even ash left behind. The only remaining evidence that there had been a fight at all was Niliel's ruined shirt, and Melvin's Adrenaline Rush as he laid on the ground trembling.

"Oh my it looks like you're going into shock. Here this should help."

Melvin flinched slightly as the angel placed a warm hand on his shoulder. A sense of calm overcame him. The shaking stopped. The ringing in his ears abated. Melvin didn't even feel all that hungry anymore. After a few moments he was able to sit up, and then he stood.

The alley looked like nothing at all had happened. It gave Melvin the strangest feeling. He was feeling okay. He absolutely should not be feeling okay. Melvin was totally certain that things should not be okay right now, but he was. He couldn't help but wonder if anything had happened in the first place. Could this all be a trick of his mind? If it was Niliel was still there. Damn it.

The angel was fussing about with his shirt looking mildly annoyed. When he finally noticed that Melvin was standing he said, "To answer your question, yes there are many kinds of dem..."

"No that's fine! I don't want to know right now Niliel. I just want to get home. I want something to eat. I want Two Shoes On My Feet. I don't have any more questions for now. It's only a few more blocks from here."

Melvin turn to go and, Goddamnit, the angel continued to follow him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version