Principia Discordia > Apple Talk

The Precipice

<< < (2/4) > >>

The Wizard Joseph:

--- Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on July 18, 2019, 07:17:34 pm --- :eek: I'm in!

--- End quote ---

Glad to have you aboard! Not really sure where I'm going with this yet, but I'm going to get to the end of it. Hope you enjoy!

--- Quote from: LMNO on July 18, 2019, 07:29:09 pm ---Yeah, good premise.

--- End quote ---

It came to me while I was trying to sleep. At first I was tempted to just ignore it, but the thought was very persistent and despite myself I began to run the scene in my head. Eventually realized that I would probably regret it if I didn't start writing it out. I promised myself that as long as the Muse stays with me on this one I'm going to see it to the end.

--- Quote from: Al Qədic on July 19, 2019, 03:34:10 am ---I can see this going places. "Cheesy afternoon black comedy sitcom" kinda places. And damn, now I wanna finish writing my own parable. Friggin productive bastard, making me want to actually do shit and shit.  :argh!:

--- End quote ---

:lulz: :lulz: Well I hope this does in fact provoke you to do your thing! I'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands for a little while, so I expect to be able to keep on going with this.

Doktor Howl:
This is good stuff.  Top notch.

Keep going as it comes to you.

The Wizard Joseph:

--- Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 19, 2019, 03:59:52 am ---This is good stuff.  Top notch.

Keep going as it comes to you.

--- End quote ---

I will man thanks! It's really slow going though. It took me like 5 hours to write that second bit just using my phone. Totally worth it!

The Wizard Joseph:
The bus routes were second nature to Melvin. He had ridden them for years. He intuitively knew when the bus was approaching the stop nearest his house and opened his eyes. While they were riding Melvin had noticed that Niliel emitted a fragrance like incense or something. It was a not unpleasantly sweet smell, but Melvin could not identify what it was exactly. He reached up and pulled the cord to signal the bus to stop.

When it came to a hissing halt they both disembarked from the bus. The bus stop was about a 2 mile and a half walk from Melvin's  apartment building if he took the route that went around the bad neighborhoods. Various gangs claimed territory there and even the cops were wary and reluctant about patrolling.

Melvin was eager to get home and have something to eat however. It was early on a Sunday morning. Melvin figured most of the gang bangers wouldn't even be awake yet and decided to take a chance and cut across the ghetto to get home faster. He was almost shaky with hunger at this point.

To take his mind off the twisting knot in his empty belly as they walked along through the detritus strewn alleys and streets, and out of curiosity, Melvin asked Niliel, "So you said you were a kind of angel called a seraph right? And that means that you can't lie to me? Are there other kinds of angels? What do angels really do all day anyway?"

Niliel continued walking casually behind him apparently looking around at the graffiti on the walls and in a matter of fact tone said, "Yes I'm a seraph. We are the highest choir of angels and we resonate with God's Truth, the actual truth of reality as it is. To be clear it's not that I can't lie to you, it's that I won't lie to you. Lies are an abomination, misplayed notes on broken instruments in God's Symphony. We seraphim can hear that extremely unpleasant Discord and can very often see through to what the truth of reality actually is. I would appreciate it if you do not lie around me. For some reason God has given you humans the ability to invent and accept falsehoods of your own devising, but I don't want to hear it if you please."

"As for other types of angels there are many, each with their own form of Attunement to reality and their own Duty before their Superiors and before God. You may for example have heard of the cherubim. They are guardians and caregivers. They resonate to caring in fact, to a fault sometimes in my opinion. They also can make excellent trackers as they always know the location and condition of the subject of their care be it a certain human, an object, or a place. Their caring nature compels them to act if their subject is in the slightest danger. Sometimes this results in them taking rather drastic actions or making what I would call rash decisions."

As Melvin was listening to Niliel talk he quickened his pace. He noted by the tags on the walls that this was Lashers territory.  The Lashers were a relatively new gang, but in a few short years they had earned a reputation for over-the-top violence and ruthlessness. They had the market cornered on a new synthetic drug, a red powder known on the streets as whip. Whip was said to give you an incredible high and was profoundly addictive. Melvin wanted nothing to do with it, the Lashers had been taking over more and more territory lately. Melvin had a terrible premonition that they had taken a wrong turn somewhere.

"And then there are the ophanim." Niliel continued "They are also sometimes known as the wheels. They are principles of motion and action. They are always busy doing something or another. They have a talent for moving at high speeds and navigating unfamiliar terrain. They are often used as messengers. A lot of times they serve as vehicles of a sort. The wheels of fire that the prophet Ezekiel saw where in fact ophanim in their supernal form."

"What about demons? " Melvin asked "Are there different kinds of demons too?"

"Yeah what about demons?", a harsh and gravelly voice called out loudly.

Out of a side doorway in front of them a little ways down the alley that they were in 4 men of varying ethnicities wearing all black and the red hoods of the Lashers gang filed out blocking their path. One of them was much taller than the rest and sported a red armband on his upper left arm in addition to his hood.

Melvin looked behind him thinking that he might run, but two more Lashers stood in the entrance to the alleyway. One of them appeared to be armed with a submachine gun. Niliel and Melvin were surrounded.

The Wizard Joseph:
I've run into a Crossroads creatively and it's bogging me down. Not sure if I want to continue on and do an action adventure story, red line that last scene and continue to do a sort of dreamy dialogue between an "angel " and a possibly schizophrenic suicidal depressive.

Any of you guys ever have this happen where you got two very different story arc stuck in your head?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version