News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

roger can't have ALL the fun

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, July 28, 2019, 12:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

I have been to the mountain top. I saw everything there was to see up there, and believe me, it's a lot. I will presently be accepting requests for miracles, spiritual wisdom, and the like. First however, I feel I should warn you:

First of all, don't ask me about God because I can't tell you anything about that.

God is not up there on the mountain (he really isn't, go look for yourself if you don't believe me, I'll wait).

Since God wasn't up there, the only thing I got for all that effort was a caffeine headache and nicotine stains so deep in my teeth my great great grandfather just died of emphysema.

Secondly, while I will happily perform ACTUAL miracles on demand, I am not to be confused with some hocus-pocus magician. Some examples of legitimate miracles are: appreciating the natural grace of a kamikaze pilot; answering any riddle where the punchline is not about "life in general" or some such drollery; or expressing within a hair's breadth the entire point of it all only to be hopelessly misquoted.

As opposed to, say, ridiculous things like ending world poverty or peace in our time. Who would want to end all that anyway? Then what would we wring our hands about?

Thirdly, concerning all of the above: Yes I am serious. Except for the part about miracles, you can go make your own goddamned miracles.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

altered

Spiritual wisdom, please:

Is Climate Change worse than we think, or only just about as bad as we think?

And will it affect the exchange rate of immortal souls?

See, I was kind of hoping I'd be able to trade mine in for a nice gaming PC, but I'm worried that no one will want an immortal soul if they have to stay on a dying planet to use it. If I end up being a fucking cosmic tax dodge I'm going to be pissed.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: nullified on July 28, 2019, 07:34:58 PM
Spiritual wisdom, please:

Is Climate Change worse than we think, or only just about as bad as we think?

And will it affect the exchange rate of immortal souls?

See, I was kind of hoping I'd be able to trade mine in for a nice gaming PC, but I'm worried that no one will want an immortal soul if they have to stay on a dying planet to use it. If I end up being a fucking cosmic tax dodge I'm going to be pissed.

Well climate change is exactly as bad as we think it is. That's how everything works. If it was worse than that, who would be able to tell?

As for your immortal soul, sadly the market is down. Not because of the planet dying, but just because it's gonna be hard to exchange everything that is for just one item.

Doktor Howl

Roger would have approved of this, before he was "taken up."
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2019, 06:12:13 PM

You can't fool me. I know the only thing Roger was "taken up" into was your gullet. You ate him and you gained his power.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 29, 2019, 06:43:14 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2019, 06:12:13 PM

You can't fool me. I know the only thing Roger was "taken up" into was your gullet. You ate him and you gained his power.

Look, if you're gonna go into every little technicality, we'll never get anywhere.
Molon Lube

altered

Besides, I have it on good authority that Roger's twisted, ghoulish wraith still burrows endlessly in the Arizona caliche, ears tuned to hear Fun at a distance of ten miles. So whatever happened, Howl didn't get all of him.

Maybe some of the backhair escaped.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Brother Mythos

I've been to Mountain Top, PA. Frankly, I was neither impressed, nor enlightened. Therefore, I strongly suspect you must have visited a different mountain top.

Anyway, upon learning "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" is "42," I am also neither impressed, nor enlightened.

So, from your lofty, mountain top view, what spiritual wisdom do you have to offer on the subject?
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on July 29, 2019, 09:24:24 PM
Besides, I have it on good authority that Roger's twisted, ghoulish wraith still burrows endlessly in the Arizona caliche, ears tuned to hear Fun at a distance of ten miles. So whatever happened, Howl didn't get all of him.

I never trusted the bastard.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

My enquiry is specifically about the mountain top. Is it worth doing a deal with shady miners and chairman maoing that thing for profit?

Geological samples can be conducted at great expense. To you.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 13, 2019, 06:13:25 AM
Quote from: nullified on July 29, 2019, 09:24:24 PM

I never trusted the bastard.

Who would? He had a pack of half-starved peccaries he called his Fucking Garden Gnome Light Brigade and danced to chopped up recordings of evangelical pastors on AM radio. Danced the fucking Charleston. On the backs of the peccaries. The fucking showoff.

Really, you were just doing us all a favor. If he hadn't been stopped, a good quarter of North America would have turned into a giant sucking hole in the mid-latitude Pacific, like the world's largest bathtub drain, and then the great white sharks would be able to return to terrorizing Montana.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Brother Mythos on August 13, 2019, 02:56:00 AM
I've been to Mountain Top, PA. Frankly, I was neither impressed, nor enlightened. Therefore, I strongly suspect you must have visited a different mountain top.

Anyway, upon learning "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" is "42," I am also neither impressed, nor enlightened.

So, from your lofty, mountain top view, what spiritual wisdom do you have to offer on the subject?

The answer to life, the universe, and everything? Don't believe the charlatans who say it is "42". It's obviously 68, as no matter what you do you're always just one unit away from a good time.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 13, 2019, 06:34:59 AM
My enquiry is specifically about the mountain top. Is it worth doing a deal with shady miners and chairman maoing that thing for profit?

Geological samples can be conducted at great expense. To you.

Deals with shady miners are always worth the trouble, but I wouldn't go making any assumptions about profit.