News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Honor a deceased discordian?

Started by Carika, October 05, 2011, 05:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

so, it appears that the handle "Saint Stoic Hermit" appears on the member list of the House of the Kiwi Cabal...
have you talked with them?

Carika

Actually that's how I first found out about his discordianism, I just didn't take it seriously when I saw that. I haven't spoken to them mainly because their site hasn't changed in over 10 yrs so it seems to me they're not very active.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You might email them anyway... I've reached people by emailing through seemingly untouched websites before. Someone's paying for hosting!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Quote from: Nigel on October 05, 2011, 05:37:38 PM
Perhaps suggestions from random strangers is exactly what he would have wanted, in which case, here's mine:

Go to the park on the anniversary of his death and eat a hot dog in the rain.

And don't forget to feed the bun to the birds
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Carika

Tonight, on Halloween, is the anniversary of his death. It was his favorite day of the year.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Carika on October 31, 2011, 11:38:12 PM
Tonight, on Halloween, is the anniversary of his death. It was his favorite day of the year.

I will include his holy name in my litanies tonight, and he will get a portion of Irish whiskey that for some odd reason I have found spiritually acceptable to waste on dead people. Note, however, that has less to do with me being Discordian, and more to do with me being a superstitious Irishman.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Carika

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 01, 2011, 01:08:07 AM
I will include his holy name in my litanies tonight, and he will get a portion of Irish whiskey that for some odd reason I have found spiritually acceptable to waste on dead people. Note, however, that has less to do with me being Discordian, and more to do with me being a superstitious Irishman.

I like that.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Carika on November 01, 2011, 02:23:11 AM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 01, 2011, 01:08:07 AM

I like that.

I will refer to him as Pope David Ecks rather than Pope David the Tenth. Seems right to me.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Carika

Well you're right, it was Pope David X (ecks) and not the tenth

East Coast Hustle

I may be a day late reading this, but as a professional mariner I feel compelled to honor a discordian who died at sea.

In your brother's honor and in observance of the ancient struggle between Eris and Poseidon, I will perform what is known as the Oceanic Purification Ritual in which the salty and life-depriving water of the sea is treated with the essence of the life-sustaining land and the holy crops it bears that provide humanity's greatest source of sustenance and comfort in times of hardship.

In short, I'm'a pour a beer off the starboard side for him.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Carika

DECI4

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

covenofleaves

Hello all! Would any of you who offered up funerary suggestions be interested in chatting with me? I'm working on a collection of funeral rites and would love your input/ideas and so on. (email: covenofleaves@gmail.com or insta: acrowandthedead)

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: covenofleaves on December 09, 2019, 05:14:07 PM
Hello all! Would any of you who offered up funerary suggestions be interested in chatting with me? I'm working on a collection of funeral rites and would love your input/ideas and so on. (email: covenofleaves@gmail.com or insta: acrowandthedead)

Regrettably, the original posters in this thread are either themselves long-since deceased, the unfortunate victims of Spiders, or currently located in Tucson.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: covenofleaves on December 09, 2019, 05:14:07 PM

Dump them into a wash and let the coyotes manage things.  They're really good at that.

Howl,
In Tucson
Molon Lube