News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

RAW-like authors

Started by Slarti, January 27, 2005, 11:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slarti

i reallized i've read illuminatus 4 times in a row and nothing in between, i need to get off this raw trip, so what are some other books that are head-trippy in the saw way illuminatus is (excluding other raw books)?

agent compassion

well, duh, Douglas Adams
:)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Slarti

hehe already read all of the hitchhiker's books, he write anything else good?

agent compassion

dirk gently's holistic detective agency  8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

yffulf

.aionarap ekil uoy fi kciD .K pilihP
           :wink: .niwt sih ,remraF esoJ pilihP yrT
.dnim ot emoc osla ytreffaL dna htulbnroK

agent compassion

Oh how could I forget PKD? My God, "Valis" is the mindfuck to end all mindfucks.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: agent compassionOh how could I forget PKD? My God, "Valis" is the mindfuck to end all mindfucks.
yeah it is.

too bad the author believed every word of it.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

agent compassion

Yeah, well, it's true so who cares? :)

IAmNotAnonymous

The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers is pretty fun in a time-travelling, spell-casting, body-swapping way though not quite as out there as Dick or Wilson.
The Streeb-Greebling Cabal: We know where the fossilised remains of the infant Christ are buried.
Praise the Lord and pass the Vaseline!
That which doesn't kill us is the really good shit.
Second Reserve Deputy Co-Archbishop of the Only Church That'll Take You

Quote from: agent compassionYeah, well, it's true so who cares? :)
Valis is "true"?!?!?

look it was an alright read... in all of it's forms ( the author became obbsesed with this one considerinf he thought that the laser beam had transmitted the information into his head) but I think that that was described better in "radio free albermuth". but that may just be me.

It's not that interesting of a mind fuck... it's a great read of a genius authors decent into madness ( well valis, and the other books of it's ilk) but any mindfuck that ends with the author committing suicide over it just doesn't seem like a good mindfuck to  me.

Brezny... the cross drive oracle..

I don't know that thing the guy from the world entertainment war wrote.

agent compassion

Quoteany mindfuck that ends with the author committing suicide over it just doesn't seem like a good mindfuck to me.

#1. PKD based "Valis" on his own experiences tripping on something, I forget what. He saw the phosphenes and all the weird shit.
#2. He did not commit suicide, he had a series of strokes followed by a massive heart attack.

Mangrove

Dr Seuss. Total mind fuck. No, seriously. When you go from drawing anti-nazi cartoons to cat in a hat? Mindfuck.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Slartibartfasti reallized i've read illuminatus 4 times in a row and nothing in between, i need to get off this raw trip, so what are some other books that are head-trippy in the saw way illuminatus is (excluding other raw books)?
Serioulsy, you need to go read something completely different.  Or go to the light, the bright yellow one, the one they call...the sun...Your brain and your mind need a fucking break.  If you must read, I agree with Dr Suess, only read it out loud, to a child.  Seriously :wink:

Trojan Man

Go towards the light.  There is no illuminati conspiracy.  Go towards the light.
Για την ευχαρίστησή της
For Her pleasure.