News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

RAW-like authors

Started by Slarti, January 27, 2005, 11:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slarti

okay until i can go to a bookstore i'm gonna read some non-mindfucky books for variety. and dr suess :)

gnimbley

I didn't like Valis. I hate it when an author I like, late in life, starts
putting out really, really, really talky, self-indulgent novels that an
editor won't throw back because of the "name" of the author.
Heinlein's last stuff was crap, too. And a bunch of others. Bah!
They should take up macrame instead of putting out crap. Give
me the early, clear thinking and deviously clever PKD anyday.

Pedero

How about Terry Pratchett?
Rev. Episkopos Summus Sanctissimus REX the Pope Most Wholey Pedero,
Emperor,
the Royal Arch of Theoretical Authoritarians,
Maestosissime Commandante,
Los New Insurgentas de South America, Ltd.
A New ComIntern Division,
Primus Illuminatus,
Knower of Fnord,
K.S.C.

This message has been Sponsored by the Holy Royal Knights of the Octarine Octa-Pie as Enunciated by God Herself and her Five Applestoles.

The Emperor of the Bering Strait had no say in this, aside from the fnords every now and then.

The Good Reverend Roger

Rankin.  Armageddon, the Musical.

D/N/T.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Not Nurbldoff

Kurt Vonnegut! At least Slaughterhouse Five and Cat's Cradle are truly weird books.
Don't you have good garbage?

Pedero

Quote from: Not NurbldoffKurt Vonnegut! At least Slaughterhouse Five and Cat's Cradle are truly weird books.

And Breakfast of Champions is a great one too.
Rev. Episkopos Summus Sanctissimus REX the Pope Most Wholey Pedero,
Emperor,
the Royal Arch of Theoretical Authoritarians,
Maestosissime Commandante,
Los New Insurgentas de South America, Ltd.
A New ComIntern Division,
Primus Illuminatus,
Knower of Fnord,
K.S.C.

This message has been Sponsored by the Holy Royal Knights of the Octarine Octa-Pie as Enunciated by God Herself and her Five Applestoles.

The Emperor of the Bering Strait had no say in this, aside from the fnords every now and then.

Telarus, KSC

Neil Gaiman
Terry Pratchett
Alfred Korzybski
Wilhelm Riech

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Slartibartfasti reallized i've read illuminatus 4 times in a row and nothing in between, i need to get off this raw trip, so what are some other books that are head-trippy in the saw way illuminatus is (excluding other raw books)?
See if you can find some old Mad Magazines.  The newer ones are more hit and miss.

LMNO

Wilhelm Reich?

Korzybski?

I think they wee talking about philosophical fiction, not research papers or textbooks.  

Then again, I have read more than a few Reich books, myself.

Ooh! I got it!  a Reich book that is fan-fucking-tastic!  Listen, Little Man!  It's incredible.  It's one of those books peole keep stealing from me & not giving back.

Slarti

argh  my borders was understocked- they were out of pkd, korzybski, and no reich books were even in the inventory. i got some alan watts instead, i'll get some other stuff on amazon once i get some more cash.

East Coast Hustle

Anything by Bukowski is great, but "Women" and "Tales of Ordinary Madness" are particularly great...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: Tontons MacoutsAnything by Bukowski is great, but "Women" and "Tales of Ordinary Madness" are particularly great...

8)
I gopt my aunts collection after she passed on....

wait a minute there be discordians here about somwhere...

she died.

It was like a low rattle in her chest when she bit it... and the gasp after gasp in which she struggled to breath.

gurgle gurgle.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

zarathustrasbastardson

youstupidgdmncnfusedillitistduchwads..

NOVA EXPRESS -

and if theprmisgeytsold - see NAKED LUNCH -

or you can read finnegans wake -

or Lewis Carrol -

Or pick up yr ld enlsh lit ho

sorry I got hyppopotomized

snuggle up wiht some opium and the dictionary and just open random pages (or the encyclopedia)

sorry
chaos is truth
radiate better

Epistemologicus Boobicon

I hear that Holy Bible is pretty head-trippy. Makes Philip K. Dick look like a Sunday school teacher.
"I believe that the moment is near when by a procedure of active paranoiac thought, it will be possible to systematize confusion and contribute to the total discrediting of the world of reality." -- Salvador Dali

Bob the Mediocre

When I was censoring the Bible in the hotel room, I should've thought to put "Bad trip, John?" on a page of Revelations. Thought of it on the car ride home. I did black out all mention of God's name on the first page of Genesis, and drew and Illuminati pyrimid somewhere in there. Other stuff I can't remember too.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!