News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

I found the solution!

Started by Frontside Back, October 29, 2019, 02:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I'm hoping for a chemist to come by and find the precipitate.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cain on October 29, 2019, 06:34:48 PM
I'm hoping for a chemist to come by and find the precipitate.
:golfclap:
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Nukes are great at destroying asteroids! Far, far away from Earth. I thought the dangers of destroying NEAs with nukes were too obvious to bring up, but I'm also brain dead today (it took me 20 minutes to write two paragraphs and I got sent home after being informed my 3 hours of work counted as OT anyway.)
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on October 29, 2019, 06:59:23 PM
Nukes are great at destroying asteroids! Far, far away from Earth. I thought the dangers of destroying NEAs with nukes were too obvious to bring up, but I'm also brain dead today (it took me 20 minutes to write two paragraphs and I got sent home after being informed my 3 hours of work counted as OT anyway.)

Naw, the debris entrains and then you get a shotgun blast to the face instead of a bullet.
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

After considering all of the constructive criticism it seems like (5) and (6) went a bit overboard.

Only alternative to nuking everything that came up was shortening species reproduction cycle proposed by CNO. I'm really not sure if that's viable either, since raising child benefits for nonhuman species high enough would surely cause a huge public outcry. It also wouldn't use up all the nukes.

Anyway, it's still worth a try, since alternative is most of species dying out. We should have some of the technology required already developed for the meat industry. Can't you just spray growth hormones everywhere? There's no way that could backfire.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Frontside Back on October 29, 2019, 11:12:56 PM
After considering all of the constructive criticism it seems like (5) and (6) went a bit overboard.

Only alternative to nuking everything that came up was shortening species reproduction cycle proposed by CNO. I'm really not sure if that's viable either, since raising child benefits for nonhuman species high enough would surely cause a huge public outcry. It also wouldn't use up all the nukes.

Anyway, it's still worth a try, since alternative is most of species dying out. We should have some of the technology required already developed for the meat industry. Can't you just spray growth hormones everywhere? There's no way that could backfire.

There really is no reason for us to keep eating meat.

But if you tell ECH I said that, I'll call you a liar.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

I hear some of the new vegan immitation meat is way better than the real thing. I'm wanting to try some.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 23, 2019, 04:04:59 AM
I hear some of the new vegan immitation meat is way better than the real thing. I'm wanting to try some.

Naw, but the best stuff is close.
Molon Lube

altered

Good imitation meat is fucking delicious. Okay imitation meat is also delicious, but obviously not meat.

I agree, AS AN AVOWED MEAT EATER, that there's no reason left to keep doing it. I mostly do it because of price and availability.

I know, and Howl sure as fuck knows, and almost no one else does, that we could easily produce fake meat at prices suited to regular meat, including almost identical nutrient blends and even very similar micronutrients. The reasons we don't? Psychological and sociological inertia, American nationalist stupidity, and The Free Market.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 23, 2019, 04:50:56 AM
Good imitation meat is fucking delicious. Okay imitation meat is also delicious, but obviously not meat.

I agree, AS AN AVOWED MEAT EATER, that there's no reason left to keep doing it. I mostly do it because of price and availability.

I know, and Howl sure as fuck knows, and almost no one else does, that we could easily produce fake meat at prices suited to regular meat, including almost identical nutrient blends and even very similar micronutrients. The reasons we don't? Psychological and sociological inertia, American nationalist stupidity, and The Free Market.

Give that wage slave a cigar!

Well, a cigarillo.  We can't have them developing excess expectations.
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

If we let all the cute lifestock stuffed in cages go extinct, souls of deceased politicians have no place shitty enough to go to. Also the mass of unemployed sadists that would free up makes me shudder. In a good way.

altered

Believe it or not, having known many people who work in the meat industry, the majority are of two types.

Sweet and innocent things who just want to ease the suffering of these animals before they inevitably die,

And cheery perfectionists who aren't about to let some dead cow go to waste, DO NOT FUCK UP CUTTING THIS MEAT! SOMETHING DIED FOR THIS MEAT TO BE CUT RIGHT YOU USELESS WRETCH! HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!

Surprisingly, VERY few sadists work in the meat industry. It's either the two types I mentioned before, or the same mix of people you get in any underappreciated non-service industry career path, with maybe a slightly higher proportion of women than the standard.

altered

If you want sadists, look at correctional officers.

Frontside Back

No, I'm reading this book about animal liberation. They are definitely sadists.

Frontside Back

NVM, I changed my mind, they aren't. What I clearly ment with that first comment (probably) was the owners, who'd be left with stagnant production lines specifically designed to make living things dead. Bit of lobbying and they could repurpose those into amusement parks for orphan children or something equally disturbing.