News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

I found the solution!

Started by Frontside Back, October 29, 2019, 02:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 25, 2019, 11:26:35 PM
I don't get the whole artificial meat thing.

I mean, I like meat?  But I think I'd rather have real vegetables than fake meat made from plants.

Frontside Back

There's loads of money waiting for anyone who will first come up with a substitute to human flesh.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 26, 2019, 06:42:56 AM

I mean, I like meat?  But I think I'd rather have real vegetables than fake meat made from plants.  Is transforming it into synthetic meat really the best way to prepare a vegetable?

Fake meat is either fungus based, or is based on beets, which aren't any kind of food at all.

I never enjoyed the beet stuff. But fungus is more delicious than you can possibly know until you've stuffed your cavernous mouthhole full of mold gonads.

And anyone who says otherwise has had their primary experience be with CANNED SLICED MUSHROOMS which aren't actually fungus, just flavored rubber
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 26, 2019, 05:20:40 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 26, 2019, 06:42:56 AM

I mean, I like meat?  But I think I'd rather have real vegetables than fake meat made from plants.  Is transforming it into synthetic meat really the best way to prepare a vegetable?

Fake meat is either fungus based, or is based on beets, which aren't any kind of food at all.

I never enjoyed the beet stuff. But fungus is more delicious than you can possibly know until you've stuffed your cavernous mouthhole full of mold gonads.

And anyone who says otherwise has had their primary experience be with CANNED SLICED MUSHROOMS which aren't actually fungus, just flavored rubber

This.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

Here in Georgia someone who once considered themselves a serious carnivore opened up a burger restaurant... They still love meat, but they make the majority of their burgers with meatless patties because the flavor and texture turn out so much juicier and tastier than the real thing that there's seriously no reason to murder anything for an inferior burger.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 27, 2019, 06:53:36 AM
Here in Georgia someone who once considered themselves a serious carnivore opened up a burger restaurant... They still love meat, but they make the majority of their burgers with meatless patties because the flavor and texture turn out so much juicier and tastier than the real thing that there's seriously no reason to murder anything for an inferior burger.

I hate cows.  :crankey:
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 27, 2019, 07:49:45 PM
I hate cows.  :crankey:
And plants are keeping them alive, better kill plants first
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Fujikoma

Cows are spooky, I'll never forget when I was 9 years old... I used to explore my family's land, it was partially used for ranching. One day, in the middle of a huge field, I picked up a stick and began randomly scribing strange runes in the dirt. I was so absorbed in my task I forgot my surroundings.

I was reminded by an inquisitive "moooOOOO!" behind me. I turned to look, and there, was a longhorn steer, staring at me curiously. He and I were completely encircled by cows, all standing in a line, looking in at us at the center. I looked up, and said "Um, hi?" and they stared for another few minutes, before moving on.