News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Dismal Moments of Zen Thread

Started by Doktor Howl, November 21, 2019, 07:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Quote from: altered on February 03, 2020, 11:23:03 PM
Applying a simple fix to a complex problem is acceptable if the result becomes someone else's problem.

This is the number one rule in any job that applies any kind of performance metrics.

You look better, they look worse, thereby also making you look better by comparison. If it saves you 5 minutes, and costs them 30, DO IT!
Formerly something else...

The Johnny

Quote from: altered on February 03, 2020, 11:23:03 PM
Applying a simple fix to a complex problem is acceptable if the result becomes someone else's problem.

That's like, literally life bro.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

QuotePerhaps it is because I was only a child that I did not notice the storm clouds that were gathering, but I believe that many who were older and wiser than me at that time also shared my childlike state.

If disaster comes, you will find that all the myths you once cherished are of no use to you. You will see what it is like to live in a society where morality has collapsed, causing all your assumptions and prejudices to crumble before your eyes. And after it's all over, you will watch as, slowly but surely, these harshest of lessons are forgotten as the witnesses pass on and new myths take their place.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/i-survived-the-warsaw-ghetto-here-are-the-lessons-i-d-like-to-pass-on?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Tis a pity
The Buddha
Did not live
In our time

He would have Thought
The food Divine
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl