News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 06, 2020, 02:05:58 AM
Quote from: Suu on May 06, 2020, 01:40:47 AM
I swear, I'm going to feed him to the sarlacc pit we have opening on the side of the house. It's a sinkhole, his name is Steve, military housing won't do anything about it.

:lulz:

I have a gaping maw in my yard. It is either a gopher tortoise that keeps dragging in trash that is not ours, or a sinkhole that is attracting trash that is not ours. I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow.

It's been there long enough, to where I don't see it opening up and swallowing the house immediately, but if it did right now, it would just be so fucking apropos I'd probably let it suck me in drinking coffee and petting the cat like, "Oh, Wednesday the 67th of Maypril is here."
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Johnny

Stories from the 3rd world:

People dont "believe" in Covid, but believe all the medical system is killing people off to traffick their knee's sinovial fluid.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

I was just informed that on top of there being no resources that aren't utterly stomped flat, I will not get transportation to a train station and will be left to die if my only option is going to go be homeless in Chicago.

Unfortunately, every long distance train is booked for everything except going to Chicago.

So I have to catch a plane. Name a place to go, because they're all absolutely identical to me currently: there is no support network anywhere and I have two hours to get my ticket.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

minuspace

Frontside Back

"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

altered

Imagine, if you will, "I just shot Marvin in the face."

Got it in your head? Real solid?

Good.

The entire universe is Marvin.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Suu

Fuck it, I'm bored.

I'm gonna get banned from Facebook today. Been a hot minute.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard Joseph

Not going to have the room up today, but tomorrow for sure. So much went wrong so hard and in coordinated fashion that the Malefic God thing is no longer theory to me. Gonna treat my wounds today and be at least suitable for personal interaction tomorrow, but goddamn it altered was not in any way exaggerating about the Marvin thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBni_-tMNs
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 07, 2020, 07:01:37 PM
Not going to have the room up today, but tomorrow for sure. So much went wrong so hard and in coordinated fashion that the Malefic God thing is no longer theory to me. Gonna treat my wounds today and be at least suitable for personal interaction tomorrow, but goddamn it altered was not in any way exaggerating about the Marvin thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBni_-tMNs

Um, that was me with the Marvin thing.
Molon Lube

altered

Blame me, unintentional plagiarism. I used that (knowing you use Marvin getting shot often enough, and I did mention it's your thing to say) to shorten "the idea of fun and joy got shot in the head at 20 paces by accident and now I'm just watching the corpse get dragged around on the end of a tow chain".

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: altered on May 07, 2020, 10:36:32 PM
Blame me, unintentional plagiarism. I used that (knowing you use Marvin getting shot often enough, and I did mention it's your thing to say) to shorten "the idea of fun and joy got shot in the head at 20 paces by accident and now I'm just watching the corpse get dragged around on the end of a tow chain".

This is true, and I know it's your thing Dok. I was specifically referring to the post upthread, but was not perhaps as clear as I should have been.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on May 07, 2020, 10:36:32 PM

It's all good.  I mean, it's not like I came up with it.
Molon Lube

altered

For the sake of keeping everyone else sane, I'll be leaving for an indefinite period of time real soon. It's been good being back, but I don't want to subject you folks to me in the cyclic rage/begging/complete breakdown state I'm going to be in.

I'll rejoin when I feel okay, no worries there. Just for now, it's best for everyone if I stay disconnected.