News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

The difference is this place is a treasure trove, have you ever found yourself looking for old discussions in groups on Facebook.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Fujikoma

Facebook is a literal sewer-pipe connecting inbred weirdo alt-right people from my home town and family, continually spewing utter garbage in my face 24/7. Maybe, that's just my inbred white-trash ass, maybe not. Old friends from a well-rated high school and life after high school, all spewing the same mindless psychobabble as back in the day, and they say I'M the drama queen. No thanks. I'll take this shit-show over that one any day.

Fuck Facebutt.

Arguably I got a bunch of ultra-conservatives saying it was alright that I was pilfering the government dole early in life, because I am genuinely FUBAR in the noggin and I've actually done good shit for society. I tried explaining "Well, just like me, there are many others that those from your perspective write off instinctually without taking a good, long look at the situation, actually YOU do that to whole groups of people, the only reason you agree with me being supported by the system is because you know me, and you've listened to what I've gone through."

That's not right, I encourage them to cultivate empathy, but they're too hung up on this mythological human beast that doesn't WANT to work and be productive. Come on now, that's a miserable existence and almost no one would willingly consign themselves to that... well, except spoiled rich brats.

EDIT: My purpose now is to settle down and make a bunch of multi-racial babies with a fantastic, talented young woman, and do my best to see that her emotional needs are met. That'll learn 'em.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on November 22, 2019, 07:58:43 PM
The difference is this place is a treasure trove, have you ever found yourself looking for old discussions in groups on Facebook.

Oh, not arguing.  I am grateful that this place keeps trundling along.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

SUP DICKBUTTS?

I finished losing the election and I'm working on some shit. You all still breathing?

altered

I've stopped breathing and become a miniature Dok Howl.

Now I landed a writing gig for my madness.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

I've been enjoying my job, recently.

The three-year project of unrelenting hideousness lies warm and gurgling in a shallow grave, and I've been performing an exorcism or two for other projects which yet shamble, doomed and groaning, upon this cursèd earth.

Also, some proposal work.  They accidentally left me without adult supervision, so I kept going after running the initial estimates and started implementing prototypes.  I've gotten more real work done in the last two weeks than in the last two months.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Fujikoma

I'm doing unusually well. A revanent requires sustenance in the form of purpose, and it sure feels like clawing my way out of the grave, but it's coming along. Ye olde vengeance ran out a long time ago and been running on fumes for over a decade, needed something new. In short, I feel alive again, and it was so far gone that I didn't realize just how dead everything was until I got slapped in the face with a new reason.

Sorry to hear you lost the election, you seem like a quality individual, maybe next time?

Doktor Howl

I have 9 days off in a row.  I'm going to be insane by Tuesday.

Sorry to hear you lost.  I was rather hoping to see you do your thing.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 23, 2019, 03:35:39 AM

Right? She'd be functional, efficient, AND hilarious. There's no downside.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 23, 2019, 03:35:39 AM

Most folks lose their first, and I'm well positioned for next time. Those signs were expensive, I ain't walking away yet.

altered

Al Qədic

Man, I've missed some shit.

The tail-end of some bot spam. QGP's birthday. Null landing a thing. This fancy new bar opening up. Damn.

The past few weeks for me have been Grey-fueled-ennui-fueled procrastination amongst poetry, ancient to early-modern literature, and ancient fucking Greek. The language, not the history, or the mythology. I'm not so much pissed as I am chuckling while also being annoyed by the sound of my own laugh.

In other news, estrogen continues to get injected into my body. I have a burgeoning desire to inject a guerilla art campaign into the boring campus around me (details pending). An anime going around since the 60s is making me learn how to be a better person by way of ancient monsters and closeted gays wholesome "friendships". I've been planning to make a thread devoted to my own brain-crotch goblins, but that day is not today. Also I have a bottle of white-out in my desk that I keep forgetting to bring with me places in lieu of actual paint.

Meanwhile, my lunch order number the other day was 23, I've been sitting in seat E-5 in my classes at times, and discoshit made its way into some of my more recent poems for the sake of easy Outlandishness. Fuckin' Fnords, man.

So, I'm not out of the woods yet, but some of the trees make music and I might decorate the rest with invisible ink.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

altered

I have THINGS for you my friend

You won't want them, and by that point it will be too late

Also welcome back

Al Qədic

Quote from: nullified on November 24, 2019, 02:46:20 AM
I have THINGS for you my friend

You won't want them, and by that point it will be too late

Also welcome back
Much appreciated, Null. I missed you too. Sorry to hear about that shitty shitty knee/leg pain by the way. As a slim gal with cerebral palsy, myself, christ I can only imagine how fucked your legs must feel. Especially since it's actually winter now.
There is no reason to,
Be ashamed of poetry. It,
Is natural. But you should,
Still do it in private,
And wash your hands afterward.

altered

My knees are just MEAT and MEAT goes to the MEAT PLACE and I CAN SMELL IT SCREAMING

Ohhhhhhh I'm revving up a FOUL little pellet of horror oh god oh god