News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Everyone makes promises that reality prevents them from keeping.

I know for a goddamn fact that every single person I know would be helping me out with this situation if they could. But I've seen their situations. They CAN'T unless they want to be where I am or worse. When your budget looks like: "food, rent, pick one" and I'm desperate for both food and housing, subjecting your income to my life puts you in the same state I'm in. And the bitch of it all is that it ONLY brings you down to my level, I'm not elevated to yours.

So I don't blame my friends for saying "No, I can't, I'll ask around though". If they didn't, I'd be worse off: I'd have no friends AND no place to live.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 27, 2019, 05:50:13 AM
The Doktor's input:

Going back never works.  At least it works so seldom that that's how you bet.

That's not a reason to not do it, though.  Everyone gets to be a dumbass once a year or so, and if this is the way you'd prefer to be a dumbass, there are plenty of worse ways to go about it.

I've heard they don't give out rain-checks, so I guess I'll be a dumbass before 2020 arrives.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 27, 2019, 06:22:35 AM
As do I.  The difference between when Nullified first showed up here and now is pretty dramatic.

Under her old name, she was defeated.  The universe was pissing on her Cheerios, aided and abetted by her beaten-down demeanor.

Not sure what happened between then and now, but Nullified has the right amount of grit to start making the world react to her, rather than the world mostly just happening to her.

From what I've read Null has this scrappy attitude (in the positive sense) where you get kicked but don't stay down, and it's something we all should strive for being... I don't know what else to say.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on November 27, 2019, 07:09:46 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 27, 2019, 06:22:35 AM
As do I.  The difference between when Nullified first showed up here and now is pretty dramatic.

Under her old name, she was defeated.  The universe was pissing on her Cheerios, aided and abetted by her beaten-down demeanor.

Not sure what happened between then and now, but Nullified has the right amount of grit to start making the world react to her, rather than the world mostly just happening to her.

From what I've read Null has this scrappy attitude (in the positive sense) where you get kicked but don't stay down, and it's something we all should strive for being... I don't know what else to say.

Or when you get kicked, you wear the bastard's skin as a suit while you spray nerve gas on his family at Christmas time.

One or the other.
Molon Lube

altered

:lulz:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8AM79TNIMs

This is basically my attitude. I'll take what I can get, and I don't know HOW to stop. I'm fucking ROYALTY BY BIRTHRIGHT like EVERY HUMAN BEING BEFORE AND AFTER ME and I don't give a fuck if my dominion is a pile of dirt and a dead rat in a corner, I'm fucking ruling it.

I've been at square zero more times than most people realize you can get to it and survive the trip back and I'm sure I'll be going back ten more times before the end of the fucking decade.

They keep pulling the rug out from under me but what they haven't learned is that shit is ruining the goddamn rug and sooner or later they won't be able to pull that tired ass joke anymore because it's hard to fuck up my footing when you're just tugging some stray threads held together by dust bunnies and hope.

I WILL WIN even if it's only by forcing them to trip on my fucking bones, the cocksuckers.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Cain, check out "Antonaise" in the waiting room.  :lol:

It's like they aren't even trying anymore.
Molon Lube

altered

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 27, 2019, 08:21:57 PM
Cain, check out "Antonaise" in the waiting room.  :lol:

It's like they aren't even trying anymore.

Back when I were a wee lad, spambots at least tried to look like real people.

Fujikoma

Nullified, I have been back at square zero so many times THAT, is my kingdom. I squat in a bush and plot, skinning wild animals to wear so I can absorb their powers. I watch, I wait, I prowl, I hibernate, waiting, because I've pounced too soon before, this next time may be my last pounce, so I'm going to make damn sure it's worth it. The brush is safe, hidden from view. When next I emerge I'll either be unstoppable, or it's done, and I've snagged a juicy little rabbit that may be the key to all my goals. Not skinning this one, no no, just need some modifications to the burrow's openening so I can squeeze in with everyone else.

We've got it this time, the worst wolf in sheep's clothing is the one that honestly sides with the sheep.

Cain

PANCING QUEEN
FEEL THE BEAT OF THE TREMENDOUS PANCE
OH YEAH
SHE CAN POOMP, SHE CAN JIVE,
HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on November 28, 2019, 06:06:12 PM

PANCING QUEEN
OH YEAH

FEEL THE DEATH FROM THE TAMDOURINE, OH YEA

-B.F. Skinner

altered

Quote from: Cain on November 28, 2019, 06:06:12 PM

PANCING QUEEN
OH YEAH

Pancingqueen is so fucking on brand. I fucking can't  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Doktor Howl

I'm going to Black Friday tomorrow.  I'm not shopping, I'm just there to observe stupid humans and maybe make things worse.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I feel like I'm in a zombie flick.  The waiting room is full of shamblers.

Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 29, 2019, 05:17:37 AM
I'm going to Black Friday tomorrow.  I'm not shopping, I'm just there to observe stupid humans and maybe make things worse.

I did that a few years back when they were still doing the midnight rampage thing. My schtick was to grab carts, push them into particularly congested areas and abandon them.
Formerly something else...