News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 29, 2019, 05:38:35 AM
I feel like I'm in a zombie flick.  The waiting room is full of shamblers.

We are living in a Romero shopping mall
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on November 29, 2019, 09:43:30 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 29, 2019, 05:38:35 AM
I feel like I'm in a zombie flick.  The waiting room is full of shamblers.

We are living in a Romero shopping mall
Reader Rant has the same problem, and it got worse for them at the same time as it did for us, if that's any consolation.
Molon Lube

Cain

And given they're on different software, it suggests the problem is that the internet is being flooded with bots lately.

I mean, moreso than usual, obviously.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 29, 2019, 04:50:55 PM
And given they're on different software, it suggests the problem is that the internet is being flooded with bots lately.

I mean, moreso than usual, obviously.

Yeah, this trend is recent and pretty abrupt.
Molon Lube

altered

I can say it's universal as of today.

We're getting some outrageously fake emails at work, with some crazy domains as shown in here.

The one that nearly caught me almost looked human but the email had "sent from Yahoo Maievorfil" in it and then... not a yahoo address. Hotmail. Ahahahah.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 29, 2019, 11:37:16 PM
I can say it's universal as of today.

We're getting some outrageously fake emails at work, with some crazy domains as shown in here.

The one that nearly caught me almost looked human but the email had "sent from Yahoo Maievorfil" in it and then... not a yahoo address. Hotmail. Ahahahah.

Our IT guy is on the stick, so we don't get those, but something is definitely going on.
Molon Lube

altered

Our IT team seems to be chosen based on malicious incompetence.

I have met one person in IT who didn't have their head so far up their ass they were incapable of doing basic troubleshooting. They were crying and would not speak to me, they just waved wordlessly at my computer and walked away.

I'm not joking.

Obviously, they quit next day. No notice. No call no show. Been two months of that.

EDIT: I know they weren't incompetent because I had seen them fix my supervisors computer an hour prior. They were very angry and kept telling the lead to "SHUT UP I'm trying to work fuck goddamn"
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Today I've started to understand the meaning of "Side Effect City".

Slow day. Everyone's brains are semi functional to nonfunctional. I'm working at half the pace of a bad day. I'm exhausted feeling. Sluggish. Ravenous.

What's going on? I ate my weight today and slept all night last night. There's no call for this shit.

Someone mentions feeling cold. Supervisor checks the temperature.

It's 64 degrees.

Someone mentions that is well below OSHA standards.

I recall that you fall asleep easier at lower temperatures.

Today management will see a precipitous drop in metrics across the company. The answer for why is they tried to save on heating bills and everyone got drowsy.

altered

Today I went to work.

For two and a half hours.

I was FINE then without warning everything went sideways, I turned bright red all over, and all the food and orange juice I could find didn't help me at least stumble back to work.

Then I wiped a hand across my sweating brow and realized I was painfully hot.

I'm on my way to urgent care now. Fucking hooray.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on December 02, 2019, 08:17:29 PM
Today I went to work.

For two and a half hours.

I was FINE then without warning everything went sideways, I turned bright red all over, and all the food and orange juice I could find didn't help me at least stumble back to work.

Then I wiped a hand across my sweating brow and realized I was painfully hot.

I'm on my way to urgent care now. Fucking hooray.

Sorry to hear about this.
Molon Lube

altered

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Stop me if you've heard this one:

Go to the doctor's office or urgent care or emergency room. Alarming list of symptoms, most can be independently verified. You certainly feel hot to the touch, your hands are BRIGHT RED, your eyes visibly go out of focus at random times. You're shaking like a leaf and have provably low muscle strength, no muscles tensed, so it's not chicanery.

But your blood shows normal, EKG is normal, even your body temperature claims to be normal. Despite feeling hot to the touch to trained doctors. "This sure is concerning but we can't see any reason to be worried about it? Keep an eye on it, go to the ER if it gets worse? It might even just be anxiety?"

AGAIN.

Oh wait, you've never heard that one?

The only time a medical professional has dared to guess what was wrong with me was when I had a toothache. :lulz: :lulz:

The Johnny

Quote from: nullified on December 02, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Go to the doctor's office or urgent care or emergency room. Alarming list of symptoms, most can be independently verified. You certainly feel hot to the touch, your hands are BRIGHT RED, your eyes visibly go out of focus at random times. You're shaking like a leaf and have provably low muscle strength, no muscles tensed, so it's not chicanery.

But your blood shows normal, EKG is normal, even your body temperature claims to be normal. Despite feeling hot to the touch to trained doctors. "This sure is concerning but we can't see any reason to be worried about it? Keep an eye on it, go to the ER if it gets worse? It might even just be anxiety?"

AGAIN.

The only time a medical professional has dared to guess what was wrong with me was when I had a toothache. :lulz: :lulz:

Not that it makes it any less serious, but, could it be psycho-somatic? I don't know how sleazy doctors are over there or your medical issues.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on December 02, 2019, 11:52:31 PM

AGAIN.

Not that it makes it any less serious, but, could it be psycho-somatic? I don't know how sleazy doctors are over there or your medical issues.

My stress levels back in 2012 were high enough that my arms and legs went totally numb.

Now I have drugs and things are much better.
Molon Lube

Cain

Second DM session went for nearly 4 hours.

From this I have learned one thing: everything takes longer than you planned. Everything.

On the plus side our plucky heroes (who are most certainly not mercenary murderhobos with an ability to think one step ahead) have now stumbled into an off-the-books secret military program, which opens up all kinds of fun adventures and people to kill.

Cain

AGAIN.

Is it lupus?