Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I got bushwhacked at 4:30 AM with that Goddamn little drummer boy song on the way in to work.

I gotta ask:  What kind of Goddamn psychotic plays drums next to an infant anyway?
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 23, 2019, 01:52:13 PM
I got bushwhacked at 4:30 AM with that Goddamn little drummer boy song on the way in to work.

I gotta ask:  What kind of Goddamn psychotic plays drums next to an infant anyway?
A couple days ago, I went into a store to buy some new gloves.  Not only were they playing Christmas music, but it was country Christmas music. 

And they didn't have gloves in my size.

So I burned the store down.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on December 23, 2019, 02:21:08 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 23, 2019, 01:52:13 PM

A couple days ago, I went into a store to buy some new gloves.  Not only were they playing Christmas music, but it was country Christmas music. 

And they didn't have gloves in my size.

So I burned the store down.

I would vote to acquit.
Molon Lube

altered

I think the Null appellation online is reaching EOL for real world reasons.

I have a desire for a new title but have yet to find it.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Johnny

Quote from: altered on December 24, 2019, 11:02:59 PM
Null is retired

Alter is the new hotness

Got some weird flashbacks to a user named Alty, good thing my memory is bad.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

altered

Did not even think of any of that, but it was nothing to do with my decision.

Edit:
To be clear, my decision was one part having self-value now (so Null stopped working) and a history of changing who I am (so Alter works). I also have the kind of damage that puts a ton of people in your skull, and have a bad tendency to fight to change the tides. Change of who I am. Alteration of my environment. Alternate selves. Transmutation of shit into gold, when I can. It’s a good, meaningful title.

Then there was the catalyst: Control. That damn game has Altered Items (uncontrollable objects of horror and power) and it stuck in my head, and it just happened to fit too well.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Johnny on December 25, 2019, 01:04:19 AM
Null is retired

Alter is the new hotness

Mine too, I remember vauge horrible nonsense but it's all generally blurred with the current ongoing horrible times everywhere.

I'm pretty sure it's alaskas problem either way which just demonstrates there's no escape from this shit. Rwhn is probably in a yurt somewhere ready to dispense pamphlets and bad tailoring advice to seekers in the Mongolian desert. Randpaul is in an antarctic research base. And so on.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Faust on December 19, 2019, 03:02:38 PM
Same I am not deleting them, I'm banning them so a record is created, that's why they switched to the letter thing, I'd say we have banned most of eastern europes email hosts at this stage. I can patch it to remove the dots as they are ignored (gmail you can log in as Mike.Harlem@ or Mi.KeHarlem etc) and that should clear out this latest swath of Walkers.

Could you possibly let one in for a few hours? Assuming it's not dick pills I'm kind of curious what's being pushed so hard. Cain, deflection from crimean bridge or?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Johnny

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 25, 2019, 01:49:18 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on December 25, 2019, 01:04:19 AM
Null is retired

Alter is the new hotness

Mine too, I remember vauge horrible nonsense but it's all generally blurred with the current ongoing horrible times everywhere.

I'm pretty sure it's alaskas problem either way which just demonstrates there's no escape from this shit. Rwhn is probably in a yurt somewhere ready to dispense pamphlets and bad tailoring advice to seekers in the Mongolian desert. Randpaul is in an antarctic research base. And so on.

Id rather imagine that Carpenter's "The Thing" made its way down to Alaska from Anctartica and infected their brains.

Quote from: altered on December 25, 2019, 01:14:00 AM
Did not even think of any of that, but it was nothing to do with my decision.

Edit:
To be clear, my decision was one part having self-value now (so Null stopped working) and a history of changing who I am (so Alter works). I also have the kind of damage that puts a ton of people in your skull, and have a bad tendency to fight to change the tides. Change of who I am. Alteration of my environment. Alternate selves. Transmutation of shit into gold, when I can. It's a good, meaningful title.

Then there was the catalyst: Control. That damn game has Altered Items (uncontrollable objects of horror and power) and it stuck in my head, and it just happened to fit too well.

I'm not implying it has anything to do with it, it just triggered a memory of mine. Anyways, I'm glad you feel that way about yourself.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

I don't miss Alty one little bit.  He was and is a shitbag.

So I am just fine with Altered.
Molon Lube

Juana

Remember the time we trolled Facebook in about 2011? Turns out that a friend I made this year is one of the people who got sucked into that group back when it was active. :lulz: he was living like 200 miles away at the time.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."