News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 14, 2020, 05:52:46 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on January 14, 2020, 05:46:00 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on January 11, 2020, 12:42:04 AM

I ran into a cover of "Every breath you take" of The Police, with the guitar and bass lines intact, just the voice work is like a male guy rapping and a female soul (?) chorus accompanying it, and the lyrics got retconned to not be about stalking, it feels really dumb.

??   https://youtu.be/NKMtZm2YuBE

Puff Daddy/Faith Evans cover in memory of Biggie's passing. It's alright. Not terrible in that context.

I like it.

Oh, I just couldn't find it on my own, didnt know it wasnt just a bunch of randoms twisting badly the original intent of the song.

Now that I know the context, its moving, i like it now.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Juana

Wanted to thank you again, Cain, for that link. I used one of the camp songs for an assignment today and it fits the theme of this unit a lot better than the one in the stupid book.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

:lulz:

I found an excellent use for Atlas Shrugged!

It keeps the cats from knocking my stupid gaming briefcase thing shut. Perfect fit to be wedged in there without putting pressure on anything or blocking the vents.

Someone where I'm living had a copy as a prize for some writing contest and offered it as the ideal solution to my woes. Sure enough...  :lulz:
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Nephew Twiddleton

Seems like the last time I posted in Open Bar was when Nullified came to Boston

-Quit my shitty second job
-I should be wrapping up my data collection for my master's this month
-I'm dragging on that because I've had a near continuous headache/neckache on the left side of my head for the past two weeks and have spent most of it on the couch. I went into the lab a couple of times, but since movement exacerbates everything, I'm real reluctant to take bumpy public transportation for 90 minutes each way. Doctor was unconcerned and I'm not dead yet so it's probably ok outside of the near continuous at best discomfort
-BUT! I might finally have a third professor for my committee
-I currently have a certain optimism that I'm suspicious of
-People sometimes ask me how married life is. It's exactly the same as cohabitating life except now I wear a ring. I suppose that's what happens when you wait 8 years to propose
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on January 15, 2020, 03:22:13 AM
I found an excellent use for Atlas Shrugged!

It keeps the cats from knocking my stupid gaming briefcase thing shut. Perfect fit to be wedged in there without putting pressure on anything or blocking the vents.
Just don't let anyone see you with it in public; it might lead to awkward questions.  Obscure the cover with dried blood, or something.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Frontside Back

I've been stuck inside my flat since last friday waiting for a replacement key. Amount of boring is very therapeutic.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

chaotic neutral observer

Today's low was -38 C, -52 with the windchill.  I froze my nose-hair.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Frontside Back

So that's where all the winter went...

e: looking at the weather maps makes me think that the denialists bought all the cold air from europe.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on January 15, 2020, 10:32:43 PM
Today's low was -38 C, -52 with the windchill.  I froze my nose-hair.

You live in Jack London's bad dreams.
Molon Lube

altered

There is a gif, I swear I saw it here before: a man laughs while a burger materializes before him piece by piece. It's black and white, the man is on the left side.

I'm being told that it doesn't exist. I need to show them they are wrong.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: altered on January 19, 2020, 07:22:50 AM
There is a gif, I swear I saw it here before: a man laughs while a burger materializes before him piece by piece. It's black and white, the man is on the left side.

is this it?

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on January 20, 2020, 02:24:30 PM
Quote from: altered on January 19, 2020, 07:22:50 AM

is this it?

This is EXACTLY the sort of shit that got you excommunicated.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

okay okay okay I'm sure I can find it....

Black and white, man on the left, burger appears piece by piece:

uhhhhhh
that can't be it...

Okay, lemme try again.

Black and white, man on the left, burger appears....

GOD DAMN IT