News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

We never had that problem, but we did use the squirt bottle sparingly.

Often, the mere act of getting it out was enough to send them running.

Anna Mae Bollocks

The cats didn't want to engage in a war with you. Cats are smart.
They choose their victims carefully. I doubt you'll ever find catshit in your shoes. :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on January 25, 2020, 10:38:31 AM
I have had my first experience with a verified hell cat.

And for me, the kicker is... Has a thousand toys and between 3 and 6 people AND another cat in the house who play with him all day long.

There is no call for this behavior! But he can't seem to function without actively trying to fuck with people. And he's definitely fucking with people: he never does damage when no ones around, and he will actively walk away from positive attention to knock over a water cup on someone's desk, get everyone screaming, then dash through the door into another room and start grooming himself like what, huh? Wasn't me! Been here the whole time!

So...is this cat someone's adored pet / beloved member of the family?  My solution to unpleasant people is to avoid interaction with them, and if this cat is genuinely a asshole, why continue in an abusive relationship?  I don't want to sound like a jerk, because I quite like cats (despite an allergy), but maybe donating him to a farm, or an animal shelter would be for the best.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Definitely a beloved family member. Not mine, of course, but...

Either way, he won't be getting shipped off. I'm willing to try and work with him, and he's better today, so.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Frontside Back

"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

So, I quit adminning a 28,000 person Facebook group, because it has reached that point in a group's life cycle where it drops to 10 or so active users in a month, and I don't care to watch the end.

Life cycle so far:

1.  Starts as a tag group.
2.  A few people take hold of it, jam content through the roof.
3.  Too big for 3 admins.
4.  Appoint mods from the most active users.

Boom.  Failure point.

5.  Mods make sooper secret admin chamber.
6.  Mods spend more and more time in sooper secret admin chamber (remember that these were also the most active content creators).
7.  Mods become more and more control freak in nature, as a feedback thing while in sooper secret admin chamber.
8.  Mods posting on group reduced to weird blanket threats of banning people.
9.  Mods begin banning people for using the wrong emote.  Those who contribute to the owner's Patreon are immune, as are people who kiss enough ass.  Mods begin to notice that 99% of the traffic is memes, can't figure out why.
10.  Mods ostracize any mod that objects to weirdness.
11.  Mods ban someone for using the wrong trigger words.

I can't say past that point, because that's when I quit.  It was simply too ridiculous.

Those who have been here since the beginning of PD may notice the pattern.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The more I think about that, the more I want to channel GIGGLES.
Molon Lube

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

I don't really remember Giggles?

The teacher I was a long term sub for got axed Friday. He's going to be let go at the end of the year, the poor guy. Like, I can follow the principal's logic (he's not showing improvement and growth as a teacher) but they've also been looking for a way to get rid of him since they hired him - he was their second choice and broke his previous contract to be able to work at this school, and they only took him on bc they'd made a job offer and therefore had to. I'm sure it's gonna be a blessing in disguise bc that school is a massive shitshow (which is why I won't be looking to apply unless, maybe a position on the much more functional 7th grade team opens up bc I think I can keep my head down and avoid the interoffice politics, and I'm only looking to be here for another two years before bouncing out of this hellmouth of a town).
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 28, 2020, 02:38:57 PM
So, I quit adminning a 28,000 person Facebook group, because it has reached that point in a group's life cycle where it drops to 10 or so active users in a month, and I don't care to watch the end.

I dont have it in me for a rant, BUT, something about everyone having a secret anal control freak within that's dormant, waiting for the slightest excuse to be put into action - that's society and history for the most part.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on January 28, 2020, 07:53:25 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 28, 2020, 02:38:57 PM

I dont have it in me for a rant, BUT, something about everyone having a secret anal control freak within that's dormant, waiting for the slightest excuse to be put into action - that's society and history for the most part.

I have noticed that happens to everyone who has not been saddled with real authority in real life.

The 300th time you get your ass chewed because of things outside of your control, it wears a bit thin and becomes strictly administrative.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on January 28, 2020, 05:37:28 PM

Nobody can remember GIGGLES.  You just take a moment and thank Baby Jesus for the human ability to compartmentalize.

QuoteThe teacher I was a long term sub for got axed Friday. He's going to be let go at the end of the year, the poor guy. Like, I can follow the principal's logic (he's not showing improvement and growth as a teacher) but they've also been looking for a way to get rid of him since they hired him - he was their second choice and broke his previous contract to be able to work at this school, and they only took him on bc they'd made a job offer and therefore had to. I'm sure it's gonna be a blessing in disguise bc that school is a massive shitshow (which is why I won't be looking to apply unless, maybe a position on the much more functional 7th grade team opens up bc I think I can keep my head down and avoid the interoffice politics, and I'm only looking to be here for another two years before bouncing out of this hellmouth of a town).

Well, I can't suggest Arizona.  Our teachers have been fleeing as fast as they can, because the entire state hates them for being LIMOUSINE LIBRULS and so they don't get paid SHIT.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 28, 2020, 08:30:36 PM
Quote from: Juana on January 28, 2020, 05:37:28 PM

Nobody can remember GIGGLES.  You just take a moment and thank Baby Jesus for the human ability to compartmentalize.
:lulz:

QuoteThe teacher I was a long term sub for got axed Friday. He's going to be let go at the end of the year, the poor guy. Like, I can follow the principal's logic (he's not showing improvement and growth as a teacher) but they've also been looking for a way to get rid of him since they hired him - he was their second choice and broke his previous contract to be able to work at this school, and they only took him on bc they'd made a job offer and therefore had to. I'm sure it's gonna be a blessing in disguise bc that school is a massive shitshow (which is why I won't be looking to apply unless, maybe a position on the much more functional 7th grade team opens up bc I think I can keep my head down and avoid the interoffice politics, and I'm only looking to be here for another two years before bouncing out of this hellmouth of a town).

Well, I can't suggest Arizona.  Our teachers have been fleeing as fast as they can, because the entire state hates them for being LIMOUSINE LIBRULS and so they don't get paid SHIT.
Yeah, he'll probably stay local bc he's got a family. Some of the districts around here pay, like, $60k for first year teachers, and he's not a first year. He's got his clear credential I think, so he'll probably be fine.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

I went to a job expo thing for my district last week and got called this afternoon by HR, asking anything my credential status (I just need a job offer and I'll have an intern credential). Got an email about an hour ago inviting me to apply.  :noodledance:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on January 29, 2020, 12:22:10 AM
I went to a job expo thing for my district last week and got called this afternoon by HR, asking anything my credential status (I just need a job offer and I'll have an intern credential). Got an email about an hour ago inviting me to apply.  :noodledance:

wooooooooo!
Molon Lube