News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 29, 2020, 02:17:03 AM
Quote from: Juana on January 29, 2020, 12:22:10 AM
I went to a job expo thing for my district last week and got called this afternoon by HR, asking anything my credential status (I just need a job offer and I'll have an intern credential). Got an email about an hour ago inviting me to apply.  :noodledance:

wooooooooo!

I'm pretty excited, though a little concerned I'll get offers at schools I avoid as a sub. One of my old professors who was not, technically, a direct supervisor (which is what they want) but directly say the impact I had on his abysmal pass rate when I was a tutor for him, has agreed to submit again for me. His letter got me the sub job I have now.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Trivial

Friend of mine works some sort of helpdesk for DMV software or something of that nature, I know it involves license plates and background checks and lots of idiots.  Somehow their email helpdesk@whatever.whatever got listed as the state help desk.

So naturally people are emailing it to try to stop some sort of chicken tossing event that is occuring in a small town.  Because you email a helpdesk instead of a state representative or mayor or whatever to get things done.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Juana

Oh, FFS. I was looking at what the district wants me to do on the application and they want me to take the Gallup teacher insight survey, which is like low key a personality test that looks for "naturally talented teachers", as if the very concept were not horseshit bc teaching is an art. I'm gonna ask the principal at the school I'm at today, who really wants to hire me, what percentage of the top scorers they take for second interviews. I hate jumping through hoops.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on January 30, 2020, 09:36:56 PM
Oh, FFS. I was looking at what the district wants me to do on the application and they want me to take the Gallup teacher insight survey, which is like low key a personality test that looks for "naturally talented teachers", as if the very concept were not horseshit bc teaching is an art. I'm gonna ask the principal at the school I'm at today, who really wants to hire me, what percentage of the top scorers they take for second interviews. I hate jumping through hoops.

Then civil service was a good choice.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 31, 2020, 03:05:28 AM

What job doesn't jumping through hoops tho?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on January 31, 2020, 03:24:49 AM

Chainsaw juggler?
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 31, 2020, 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: Juana on January 31, 2020, 03:24:49 AM

Chainsaw juggler?
I'm sure there's licenses to get for that, too.

Pergamos

I didn't have to jump through hoops.  I work at a vineyard.   Mind you, I make very little money, but I have very little hassle.

Juana

I didn't have to jump through them for hiring either when I started subbing, either, but now even to do THAT in my district, you have to take that horseshit test. Sitting here laughing tho bc the kids get the growth mindset spiel but the district is out here looking for "naturally talented" teachers.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Yeah. I mean, is it really speaking ill of the dead if you're willing to say they're a shitbag when they're alive also?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 03, 2020, 10:40:29 PM
Yeah. I mean, is it really speaking ill of the dead if you're willing to say they're a shitbag when they're alive also?

Naw.  If I hate the bastard now, I don't see the need to get all weepy when he croaks.
Molon Lube

Juana

Doktor Howl

I keep telling you guys that 21st century is bad news.

You should really come back to 1979.
Molon Lube